ZTE Blade aka DELL XCD 35 aka Orange San Francisco Thread

hunt3r said:
the stock dialer is a lot more difficult to use than the new dialer on the other r11 rom.
Well thats new. Or maybe I've lived with a vanilla dialer on the nexus one for over a year :p

SunnyBoi said:
Well thats new. Or maybe I've lived with a vanilla dialer on the nexus one for over a year :p
Maybe you have :p Its a lot more difficult to find a contact using the stock dialer, there dosent seem to be any sort of smart dialing option. The new dialer is a lot easier to use

Has anyone tried using a proxy for internet access? I was shocked to see that there was no option to enter a proxy server anywhere! :O I need to use a proxy to access my college wifi network. Tried Transparent Proxy from xda but it doesn't seem to work, atleast for me.

So has anyone got it working, if yes please post the steps! :) :)

hunt3r said:
Maybe you have :p Its a lot more difficult to find a contact using the stock dialer, there dosent seem to be any sort of smart dialing option. The new dialer is a lot easier to use

gesture search. 'nuff said.

my handset mic doesn't work while using PL-11 during a call. I have to separate PL-11 from my handset and then only the party on the other side can hear me. Does anyone know what could be the problem ???

SunnyBoi said:
I hit on a weird problem with JJ RLS9

First call i received with JJ RLS9 (was from supra :p ) the call screen didnt come up. I could just see the menu and nothing on it worked. The ringtone was playing though.

After the call ended I could see that a miss call was registered. Dad was complaning of similar scenarios with other JJ ROMs and so i decided to keep it with me for a week.

The search has ended. Its modaco r11 for me, zero issues and fast enough :D
the thing with the dialer...

haven't faced any issue with it as im not on android's stock dialer.

many of my friend who got blade are not facing issue with that dialer. Although i have not tried the stock dialer on this rom.

But the issue you are facing is something i faced on stock dialer while i was using spica without mods. This maybe an issue with the stock dialer.

HELP

I'm trying to start from here:

1. How to Install Clockwork using Recovery Manager

However, when I open Universal Androot and press Root, it says Your device is already rooted, root again? If I press root me please, it force closes.

Also, when I try to open Recovery Manager, that too force closes. Any idea what Im doing wrong? I need Clockwork and custom rom and to get rid of Orange bloatware.

Please, any help will be appreciated.

EDIT: Finally got Clockwork Mod by using the Fastboot/ command prompt method. Now waiting to check out JJ RLS9 and some other ROMs

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

Just installed JJ on the phone but the phone has been stuck on the "android" animation for the last 10 minutes or so. ANy idea what could be wrong and what to do now?

^ Yes I did both:

From the clockwork menu choose: wipe cache partition.

From the clockwork menu choose: wipe data/factory reset.

Still same problem. I think I should download the ROM again from the web.

Wotsay?

Ok, so just did wipe cache and data again and installed modaco custom rom for zte blade r11. Thankfully this worked! :)

Any idea if this rom is any good?

Thanks Varkey for your help btw.

m.a. said:
^ Yes I did both:

From the clockwork menu choose: wipe cache partition.

From the clockwork menu choose: wipe data/factory reset.

Still same problem. I think I should download the ROM again from the web.

Wotsay?

Ok, so just did wipe cache and data again and installed modaco custom rom for zte blade r11. Thankfully this worked! :)

Any idea if this rom is any good?

Thanks Varkey for your help btw.
The 1st boot can take long.

I do factory reset wipe before flashing. And then 'format sd-ext' after flash (as i have ap2sd).

the formatting of sd-ext is very crusial whenever the rom demands data/cache wipe.

im currently on JJ5 (don't want to upgrade for every update that comes on weekly basis unless there is a radical change)

flashed friend's blade with JJ9 and its fine.

I prefer JJ releases as they are based on the latest r15 leak as opposed to chinese leak that the modaco rom is based on.

call log on modaco r11 ...any one with fix :)

snap20110128233150.jpg

Hey guys..my phone is already full . How do i managee space on it. I keep getting an alert."Phone storage space is getting low"

Sent from my ZTE-BLADE using Tapatalk

Is it necessary to install apps on SD card? I've seen contradicting views, with some recommending it and some being vehemently against it.

nihit said:
On 2.1 still

Sent from my ZTE-BLADE using Tapatalk
Switch to Froyo - either JJ or Modaco r11 or the FLB - so much improvement over 2.1. Just install Titanium backup before, take a backup of important data and restore after upgrade.

logistopath said:
Is it necessary to install apps on SD card? I've seen contradicting views, with some recommending it and some being vehemently against it.
It's okay. I feel that using the 'Move to SD card' feature in Froyo itself is enough as it moves all the apps that developers have given an option for. No need to use A2SD and create the partition and all, as one wouldn't install so many apps that the phone memory becomes full even after moving the permitted apps to SD card using the in built feature in Froyo. Blade has quite decent space in the data partition.

using Modaco r11, its working nicely. Can you explain how android works in terms of multitasking. Currently, I use Advanced task killer to kill all tasks.

is this correct method?

^ No mate. Don't use any task killers unless an app misbehaves and you need to force close it. Android manages the tasks running automatically and it shuts the ones that are not required automatically. Using task killers in Android, AFAIK, adversely affects the performance and battery life.

arun687 said:
^ No mate. Don't use any task killers unless an app misbehaves and you need to force close it. Android manages the tasks running automatically and it shuts the ones that are not required automatically. Using task killers in Android, AFAIK, adversely affects the performance and battery life.
but does leaving it running in background eats battery and occupies RAM? Won't system become slower if I have too many app open in background?

Back