ZTE Blade aka DELL XCD 35 aka Orange San Francisco Thread

bigbyte said:
You can install the ROM without signing it as well. Just don't use standard recovery, use clockwork instead.
i'm not so sure if you can replace all system files without errors without signing the zip.

if so the great.!

anyways the half of the guide is already up :p

Sorry about the OT.

guys,

I am selling my orange SF, please PM for all queries and questions, I would not entertain any questions on this thread, please take the PM route.

Thanks.

Got one more blade.Again delivered in 2 days flat.

But was charged 840 bucks as package was 0.51KG :mad:

p1030552q.jpg

TFT on Left OLED on Right

p1030553h.jpg

How do add Airtel GPRS setting?

I am using modaco custom rom r11

To input a new APN click "MENU" on front of phone, click "settings" on the bottom right of the screen

click "Wireless and Networks" at the top of the screen, Click "Mobile Networks" at the bottom of the screen,

Click "GSM/UTMS" at the bottom of the screen.Click on Access Point Name Click "MENU" on the front of the phone and select "New APN" on the screen,

Enter details of network settings below and then click "MENU" on the front of phone and "Save"

m0h1t said:
Guys I've noticed something, at times when Edge is active and I'm using the internet and a call comes in, my phone would reboot.
This doesn't happen very often but it does happen once every 2-3days and sometimes more frequently. Has anyone else faced such an issue before?

PS - This happened across a few firmware's.
nihit said:
^^^me to, i flashed to JJ RLS9, today morning and my phone has rebooted when i get a call or make a call..it doesn't happen always..i think due to Edge activity..will try out again tomorrow.
Happened with me again twice, super bugging.
It doesn't always happen while using edge, but only at certain occasions.. If only I could identify the cause :mad:

^ haven't happened to me even once until now, on JJRLS 7. Could this be one of the apps that you are using? Try a fresh install without any apps for testing.

Sent from my ZTE-BLADE using Tapatalk

It has happened to me also but just once. I am on JJ-RLS7.

m0h1t said:
Guys I've noticed something, at times when Edge is active and I'm using the internet and a call comes in, my phone would reboot.
This doesn't happen very often but it does happen once every 2-3days and sometimes more frequently. Has anyone else faced such an issue before?

PS - This happened across a few firmware's.

Got 2 more phones. Installed Modaco r11 on one and flb froyo r7a on another. Looks like flb froyo r7a is much faster :p

I also had a weird bug on FLB. I was listening to music using my PL-30 when a call came in. the phone microphone is disabled when earphones are connected. I removed the IEM to take the call and once it was over...the music started playing again?!!! When I tried to lower the volume, the phone hanged and I have to restart.

Android system devs seem to be lacking in brains ..mic doesn't work when on earphones or the music starts playing again after the call. Heck, even my 3 yr old 6200 classic Nokia is programmed better than this.

@lavans4u ...did u manage to get NFS working? Never heard back from you. Not even a thanks.

There is another problem my friend faced on R8 that skype calls go on speaker phone only.

He tried it on my JJ-RLS7 and it also has the same problem.

Is it skype the culprit or the phone ?

^It is the phone or the rom.
One of my friend too has the same problem.
And he had more than one blade and all had that problem.

mgdelhi said:
There is another problem my friend faced on R8 that skype calls go on speaker phone only.

He tried it on my JJ-RLS7 and it also has the same problem.

Is it skype the culprit or the phone ?
This is an issue with the Skype software. It's mentioned on the Skype forums as well.

Sent from my ZTE Blade using Tapatalk

Man sunny, for the SDK I need to dload JDK too.
That 1.4MB file has the fastboot-windows.exe file that I need which is why I am telling people to help me :(.

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

Tried installing Japanese Jellyfish RLS9 but after reboot the install was stuck (stuck at Android screen).
Thankfully had a backup made so was able to backup the phone.
Any suggestions on what to do further? Try and install Modaco RLS11? :S

Darthcoder said:

That 1.4MB file has the fastboot-windows.exe file that I need which is why I am telling people to help me :(.

Tried installing Japanese Jellyfish RLS9 but after reboot the install was stuck (stuck at Android screen).

Install modaco r11 with ext2 partition,works great.

with ext3 sometime it use to hang on green android logo while booting.

Darthcoder said:

1. Did you wipe data/cache before/after flashing?
A. Do so if not.

2. Do you have App2sd set up?
A. You need to format sd-ext after moving to next release whenever you flash if so.

Note: Give 5minutes for 1st boot up. It can take that much time.

Back