ZTE Blade aka DELL XCD 35 aka Orange San Francisco Thread

^^Ok so you mean only turning wifi on will not show the icon on top, but only when i actually connect to any network ?

In that case i need to see if i actually have any wifi networks in my vicinity :S

Latest i think i will be able to try only on weekend.

^ Yes, exactly. Icon is shown only when connected to Wifi. Ditto for GPS and Sync, the icons are shown only when they're in use, not when they're just turned on and inactive.

^^thanks a lot for the clarification :)

Btw after this firmware update, i tried creating a new phone contact but on that new contact creation screen, it shows "Google contact and below that my gmail email id"

But all i want to do is just add a normal phone number contact. How to do that ?

raksrules said:
^^Ok so you mean only turning wifi on will not show the icon on top, but only when i actually connect to any network ?

In that case i need to see if i actually have any wifi networks in my vicinity :S

Latest i think i will be able to try only on weekend.
almost of your previous questions have been answered or not necessary to answer asince you are already on JapJelly rls9

yes. wifi, gps and sync icon show up only when they are actively operating.

As suggested by others, please start reading through modaco regarding topics that concern as well the topics that scare you :p

Not advising this to avoid your question, but so that you will have an idea about what you are doing; thereby calculating risk by yourself.

More likely, risk will seem minimal when you know how to revert back the changes or how to get past the errors.

^^ Yay yay sir...going through the modaco forums only now.

But if possible, just answer my query related to contacts as i need to set them up first :)

raksrules said:
^^ Yay yay sir...going through the modaco forums only now.

But if possible, just answer my query related to contacts as i need to set them up first :)
go to contacts

menu

import if you want to import from SIM

Display option

Select 'Only contacts with Phones'

if you want to show sim contacts then you will have to flash another contact zip.

it is on modaco rls9 thread as group contacts zip.

i have not tried it since all my contacts are synced with google.

anyhow, if the contacts do not open or force close after applying zip, then just flash rls9 again via recovery without wiping anything.

LOL Android Market and App Brain is good enuf :p...for almost everything paid you will have a similar free alternative :p
For ahem just google for the app name :p

Also do a proof reading of the Modaco forums ...there's hell lot of resources there....also recommended is XDA devolopers

Guys which screen guard for the ZTE blade ?

PS: I think i am not qualified enough for putting the screen guard myself :ashamed: So would like to get it done from outside only.

Also any gadgetshieldz available for this ?

^ Omnia i900 screen guard fits perfectly they say. Also, Dell XCD35 screen guards are now available in ebay.in, that would be a perfect fit as it's the exact same phone.

Okay I don't want to seem stupid, but here it goes, which is the cheapest/fastest/safest way to procure a Orange Sanfrancisco/ZTE Blade ?

Thank You.

H2O said:
Okay I don't want to seem stupid, but here it goes, which is the cheapest(ebay uk(prepaymania or prepaywizard to a friend in uk then to aramex))/fastest(Buy a Dell XCD35 :p Jking Aramex(UK to Mumbai 2 Days Flat))/safest(Again Aramex) way to procure a Orange Sanfrancisco/ZTE Blade ?

Thank You.
Answers in bold

H2O said:
Okay I don't want to seem stupid, but here it goes, which is the cheapest/fastest/safest way to procure a Orange Sanfrancisco/ZTE Blade ?

Thank You.
cheapest: Ebay/Prepaymania --> Aramex --> You

fastest: Ebay--Aramex-->You Fastest has been less than 24hrs for ebay-->Aramex and 36hours for Aramex UK--> Me

safest: Buy from those who have ordered to india and want to sell.

madnav said:
fastest: Ebay--Aramex-->You Fastest has been less than 24hrs for ebay-->Aramex and 36hours for Aramex UK--> Me

Dude that was really fast, better than our domestic courier companies, for example DTDC which still lives in dark ages, they have a service called DTDC Plus which is 2 days guaranteed delivery .. :rofl: .. their normal courier takes 3-4 days .. aramex is way better in terms of domestic delivery as well.

DTDC bhopal is the worst... had got 2 packages from mumbai to bhopal thru DTDC plus.. each time they took 3 days AFTER the package had reached bhopal !! ftw !!

shank21101985 said:
DTDC bhopal is the worst... had got 2 packages from mumbai to bhopal thru DTDC plus.. each time they took 3 days AFTER the package had reached bhopal !! ftw !!
dude if they delay in delivery for DTDC plus, you can actually claim money back, call up and ask them to refund your money. dont leave these suckers so easily :rofl:

i share similar experience with DTDC. 3 times...

parcel reaches the regional office in less than 24hours, it takes then 48hours to respond to phone.. i finally go and pick it up myself. I have stopped wasting those 48hours now, i just go and pick it up. Also i request the sellers to not to use dtdc as long as possible...

Guys as i said before i had flashed with JJ RLS9 and now it seems that it replaces the BUILD NUMBER with "Japanese Jellyfish RLS9" which means that if i dont know if my phone is TFT or OLED, i would never know ???

Any other way ?

PS: I know it is TFT but just want the phone to tell me.

Back