ZTE Blade aka DELL XCD 35 aka Orange San Francisco Thread

raksrules said:
Guys as i said before i had flashed with JJ RLS9 and now it seems that it replaces the BUILD NUMBER with "Japanese Jellyfish RLS9" which means that if i dont know if my phone is TFT or OLED, i would never know ???

Any other way ?

PS: I know it is TFT but just want the phone to tell me.
Dial *983*24474636# in the dialer. (refer to “Glass” to determine which screen category your phone falls under)

If the Glass reads Samsung then its OLED otherwise its TFT.

I have Move2SD enabled on my phone and i have observed that many of the apps install directly on SD card which many on phone. The ones that are installed on phone, i move them to memory card using Settings -> applications -> manage applications -> select app -> Move to SD card

But i found that still some place is occupied in the phone main memory. Currently i have around 84 MB phone memory free. Any way to free up more ?

raksrules said:
I have Move2SD enabled on my phone and i have observed that many of the apps install directly on SD card which many on phone. The ones that are installed on phone, i move them to memory card using Settings -> applications -> manage applications -> select app -> Move to SD card

But i found that still some place is occupied in the phone main memory. Currently i have around 84 MB phone memory free. Any way to free up more ?

you can't/shouldn't move widgets, live wallpapers, launchers etc to sd.

and you may need to kill apps / powercycle devie for changes to reflect

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

archat68 said:
New ones are most probably all TFT.
not necessarily.

they will be tft as long as they dont get oled supply from samsung..which is a problem globally rightnow. samsung doesn't have led displays for their own flagship galaxy S series rightnow.

Hi,
I want to buy zte blade (orange SanFransisco) from UK and need help with a few details.
I thought of buying it from play.com, since they deliver to UK addresses only, i asked my friend in UK to collect it and post it to me. (The cost is 102 GBP, free delivery to UK)

But i need to know the courier charges in detail, like shipping charges and customs (if we have to pay) and other things, so i know if its still worth buying.
If customs charges are applicable, how much would it come up to, and can it be avoided if someone brings the phone with them while coming to India, instead of sending by courier (it would take atleast 2-3 months though)

^^

1. Open an aramex account for 5$ using its discount code (available in hot deals thread)

2. Get the phone shipped to your friend's address - Cost 102 GBP

3. Tell your friend to remove the user manuals etc to lessen the weight of the package and ship to aramex address of yours (when you register with aramex they will give you a UK and US address for you)

4. The phone reaches aramex and they weigh the package and as per that details are uploaded on their website.

5. They send the phone to your local Indian address - Shipping around 470-500 Rupees (assuming package weighs <= 0.5Kg) + around 100 to 120 rs customs

Ok guys now for some more query time.

1. In the other phone i received, i have installed the FLB r8a ROM with GB theme pack. Good move ??? (@Thanks Supra for suggestion)

2. Say if in future i want to install another ROM then how am i supposed to backup my phone contacts, messages and applications ?? Will google sync come handy at such time or i will need to download Rseven ?

3. I have Move 2 SD installed on my phone (from market). Is this the right app to move apps to SD card after installation ? I have read about things like A2SD and App2SD and dont know if i need them or not :S

4. Is there any other ROM (except JJ) better than FLB r8a ??

raksrules said:
^^

1. Open an aramex account for 5$ using its discount code (available in hot deals thread)

2. Get the phone shipped to your friend's address - Cost 102 GBP

3. Tell your friend to remove the user manuals etc to lessen the weight of the package and ship to aramex address of yours (when you register with aramex they will give you a UK and US address for you)

4. The phone reaches aramex and they weigh the package and as per that details are uploaded on their website.

5. They send the phone to your local Indian address - Shipping around 470-500 Rupees (assuming package weighs <= 0.5Kg) + around 100 to 120 rs customs

Ok guys now for some more query time.

1. In the other phone i received, i have installed the FLB r8a ROM with GB theme pack. Good move ??? (@Thanks Supra for suggestion)

2. Say if in future i want to install another ROM then how am i supposed to backup my phone contacts, messages and applications ?? Will google sync come handy at such time or i will need to download Rseven ?

3. I have Move 2 SD installed on my phone (from market). Is this the right app to move apps to SD card after installation ? I have read about things like A2SD and App2SD and dont know if i need them or not :S

4. Is there any other ROM (except JJ) better than FLB r8a ??
Google backup is good for contacts and paid applications...!!

For each and everything installed on ur phone u can use Titanium Backup.(for rooted phone only)

Move2Sd is for moving all type of applications to SD card.

Contacts --> Sync with google

Msgs --> Download smsbackup+ from market. It will backup all sms to gmail account in a label 'SMS' or one that you want. It can also restore if you want.

Apps: Titanium Backup FTW!!

While moving to different roms, just wipe data/cache and follow general flashing steps mentioned in respective rom thread

Opera Mini and Opera mobile 10 does not seem to have a Exit icon and only solution is to go back back and exit or press Home and kill the browser app.

But back back means it goes till the first webpage and then only exits.

Any other graceful way to do ?

For launcher apps, which is better Launcherpro or the GO Launcher EX

raksrules said:
Opera Mini and Opera mobile 10 does not seem to have a Exit icon and only solution is to go back back and exit or press Home and kill the browser app.

But back back means it goes till the first webpage and then only exits.

Any other graceful way to do ?

For launcher apps, which is better Launcherpro or the GO Launcher EX
i use launcher pro and adw launcher

both free versions.

i dont use both simultaneously.

but i keep customizing and both have different features which come handy for some customization and not in some.

1 more reason for me to keep 2 launchers is for rescue.

If you only launcher starts force closing then you have no other way than to flash. Used to happen with Launcher pro in earlier days.

as for opera.

press home and kill with task managing/killing apps. no point going back all the way for it to exits, unless you like pressing back key :p

I tried installing some addons (like hw accl UI, circle battery etc) from this link on my JJ RLS9 flashed blade using the clockwork method. I chose the "install zip from card" -> choose zip and chose the proper zip and it tried to do something but then came, installation aborted :S

Any idea why i am not able to install ?

Is the clockwork version (mine is latest 3.x.x.x something) the culprit ?

if any one wanna purchase GREY Color Sanfrancisco

u can pm me

one have to deposit the amt it will be 9.8+local shipping

make it fast people i dont have time as i am going to buy one for me n u will be out

Suggestions required for some Reminder type application, will be added advantage if it displays notes on screen (but audio reminder is necessary).

Google calendar is something i dont want to use as it requires syncing with its online counterpart. Something offline.

Also i am not very comfortable with the QWERTY keyboard and if there is an app to install the old style keyboard with T9 dictionary (with addition of our own words to its database), i would like to have. Any such app ?

vajm1234 said:
if any one wanna purchase GREY Color Sanfrancisco

u can pm me

one have to deposit the amt it will be 9.8+local shipping

make it fast people i dont have time as i am going to buy one for me n u will be out
I would suggest you open a thread in Market section with two pics of the phone with a hand written date and your username on that

arun687 said:
^ Why don't you try Swype for keyboard? Awesome fast way to type on a touchscreen.

You could try Taskos for task reminders. Taskos To Do List for android | Task List | Todo List When you're ready for online syncing, it has the option to sync with Google calendar as well.
I have used swype before but may be i need more practice or just that i am not very comfortable using it. But it seems that i am so much accustomed to the traditional layout, i am feeling the need to have the same back :)

Btw which swype keyboard / app should i use incase i want to give it a shot ?

madnav said:
^ why did you install clockwork 3.x ?

told you to read changelog and warnings before installing anything :chair:
So now what should i do ??

Can i install the version which is before 3.x through recovery ?

Btw currently i am using the FLB G2 r8a ROM on my other phone and feel ti is good. I really dont find any difference between this and JJ (seems i am total noob in finding one) because at the end i am installing launcher app, widgets etc to customize the phone as per need.

So just wanted to know that do i have any credible reason to shift to JJ or any other ROM ?

Which GPS navigation application is recommended ??

On my 5230 i had used Garmin XT and Nokia Maps for turn by turn navigation.

I need something which has offline maps and dont need data connectivity full time.

Back