ZTE Blade aka DELL XCD 35 aka Orange San Francisco Thread

Froyo 2.2 official on Orange San Francisco.

New Batch of the phone will be shipping with 2.2 and we shall soon see stable and custom roms based on the same.

Source

raksrules said:
Suggestions required for some Reminder type application, will be added advantage if it displays notes on screen (but audio reminder is necessary).

Google calendar is something i dont want to use as it requires syncing with its online counterpart. Something offline.

Also i am not very comfortable with the QWERTY keyboard and if there is an app to install the old style keyboard with T9 dictionary (with addition of our own words to its database), i would like to have. Any such app ?

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

I would suggest you open a thread in Market section with two pics of the phone with a hand written date and your username on that
where i said that i have already bought it ....i said i can buy in ur favour since (sellers are just ignoring the aramex address n u end up wasting conversion charges) as i am already getting one for my own personal use i can get another ......Thats it.

hope u got it :)

well depends it can either be play.com or ebay.co.uk (prepaymania) or orange any other uk store where i found it cheap actually i got a new address [non aramex] and i have to pay something to the person too whom address i am using atm.

Over JJ RLS9 and using clockwork 2.X i finally installed the HW accelerated UI and circle battery addons but after rebooting found issues. I was constantly getting popup messages that few system related things were not responding etc etc. Hence flashed again with JJ RLS9 to remove those issues.

Also i am not well accustomed to this threaded SMS view thing. So i need to know if there is any way to get the old style Inbox, sent, draft etc etc folders for SMS ?

Also need to know how do i set my own MP3 files as ringtones/alarm tones in the zte blade ?

raksrules said:
Also need to know how do i set my own MP3 files as ringtones/alarm tones in the zte blade ?

I think this link should help ??

madnav said:
Froyo 2.2 official on Orange San Francisco.
New Batch of the phone will be shipping with 2.2 and we shall soon see stable and custom roms based on the same.

Source
Hmmm i've got 4 phones to be shipped from prepaymania. lets hope atleast one of them is a froyo :p

Guys i installed 3-4 games on my phone from appbrain / market and they seem to have got installed on the phone. So i fired up App2SD to transfer them to SD card but it was listed under "Phone Only". So i went directly to the settings -> applications -> manage apps -> and checked one of the app which i wanted to transfer to SD but the MOVE TO SD Card was not enabled :S

But i have Move 2 SD enabler also installed but still cannot transfer it. I thought move 2 SD enabler was able to transfer ANY APP to SD card.

Any other app to realize what i intend to do ??

The phone memory in my ZTE blade has dropped at 34 Mb and probably because of addition of apps by me. But some apps / games refuse to get installed automatically on SD card (i have move 2 sd enabled) and many of them are not movable to the SD card after installation.

Any way to retrieve more memory or transfer those apps to SD card ?

Some of the apps/games i found which are not transferable to SD card...

1. Asphalt 5

2. Battlezone 3d (occupies 12.5 Mb :mad:)

3. Yahoo mail (occupies 4.36 Mb)

Things i have deliberately kept on phone memory

1. Fancy widgets

2. Mobile signal widget

3. Go Launcher EX

4. Gingerbread Keyboard (came along with ROM...do i need it or can i uninstall it ??)

5. Battery indicator pro

6. 3G Watchdog

Also angry birds download was like 16MB from market but in installed state it shows only 2.5 some MB :S

bigbyte said:
Sygic with mapmyindia for Android is a very good option.
Are you using it? How do you install that exactly? I saw the thread over at symbiantalk but couldnt understand it properly. Also how's Waze?

So finally I am getting a Blade :) I need the Sygic and mapmyIndia maps link..

Can anybody PM me the links to download and or understand, as to how it works.

Guys how is the SQ of this phone. My main purpose will be music and Gps. I already have a sony mp3 player. Can Blade beat that? Also is there any option to set custom equalizers in blade?

Official CyanogenMod 7 RC1 out for blade :p

Just installed it, much slower than flb froyo r8a.

Haven't seen any wonkiness unlike my Nexus One :(

Sent from my Nexus One using Tapatalk

I am still unsuccessful in finding an app to replace the stock / gingerbread keyboard. I want the normal keypad with 1 having ABC, 3 having DEF and so on with T9 support. I tried touchpal today (download using applanet), but it always defaulted itself to full QWERTY on my 2.2 froyo ROM :mad:

Any other option ?

Also i currently have FLB Froyo r8a installed. But suppose i want to try a new ROM but also need to have a facility to revert back to this r8a without loosing anything, is that possible ??

Like in, i want to create a "image" of my current installation with all apps and data and just restore back when needed.

Possible ?

Back