ZTE Blade aka DELL XCD 35 aka Orange San Francisco Thread

I a having FLB Froyo r8a ROM installed and since today i am having strange issue. When i search for mobile networks i dont get the operator's names and instead i get their numbers like 40421, 40492, 40420 etc etc :S
Dont see stuff like airtel, vodafone etc.
But on home screen operator name comes properly.

Ok it seems that now I've understood it. It seems that there is not much advantage of a2sd over Froyo standard App2FAT. When you make a extra ext3 partiton on your sd card it is mounted as ../data/app in your phone. So whatever gets stored in ..data/app is actually getting stored in to your sdcard's ext3 partition. Just like Linux, it creates a symbolic link to the SD card so the device now loads apps from there

Normally the ./data/app folder contains only the apk file, so like App2FAT only a part of application is on sdcard. The only little advantage of a2sd is that it can store all application on ext3 partition while in case of App2Fat some application may not be moved to sdcard. Apps installed in ./system/app folder can not be moved in both cases.

FLB Froyo r9b handles well both a2sd and App2Fat.

What we are ideally looking for is a2sd+, available as a kitchen option in MCR r12. This will move all the data/cache/user setting to sdcard's ext3 partition.

I welcome to be corrected if I understood it wrong.

raksrules said:
I a having FLB Froyo r8a ROM installed and since today i am having strange issue. When i search for mobile networks i dont get the operator's names and instead i get their numbers like 40421, 40492, 40420 etc etc :S

Dont see stuff like airtel, vodafone etc.

But on home screen operator name comes properly.
Its the same for me in Modaco R11 too.

Can anyone confirm if nokia Bluetooth Headset BH-105 or Samsung HM1600 will work with Orange SF ? I am on FLB r8a currently .

thinking of buying either of them from letsbuy :D , will come quite cheap with 500 off coupon

I installed the FLB r9b ROM on my brother's ZTE blade and tried rooting it using Universal Androot. But i am not able to root it :S

The steps complete OK but i dont get a message at end saying that my device is rooted.

The last message is that "Generating root script.. [OK]" No message after that it gets stuck at that. Even if i come out of the app and do the steps again, it still gets stuck.

raksrules said:
I installed the FLB r9b ROM on my brother's ZTE blade and tried rooting it using Universal Androot. But i am not able to root it :S

The steps complete OK but i dont get a message at end saying that my device is rooted.

The last message is that "Generating root script.. [OK]" No message after that it gets stuck at that. Even if i come out of the app and do the steps again, it still gets stuck.
This ROM is already rooted. Just got to know from modaco forums.

Any chance of Gingerbread for our Blades?? HTC has announced Wildfire S with Gingerbread and the hardware is no better than ours. (HTC Wildfire S - 600MHz; 512 ROM; 512 RAM)

^^ The Cyanogen mod is based on Gingerbread. I would wait for a couple of initial releases before jumping to CM. Right now it is in the beta stages.

Cyanogenmod7 is based on gingerbread 2.3.2. RC1 is out now. Looks awesome both with and without ADW launcher. But i don't think it's really usable as a daily phone. still awesome to check out and run gingerbread on a 7k phone!

^^ Oh Cool.. Will wait for a few more releases.. Something Stable. Since HTC is officially coming up with Gingerbread on a similar spec phone, I believe we can expect something smooth and stable..

logistopath said:
^^ How is the FLB r9 version? ANy comments on stability, lag, etc..?

Just started using it. So dont know much. Also it is my brother who is using and until and unless he complaints about something, i can assume it works fine :p

Lag is not there much.

Twitter icon has been changed to the bird icon.

The ROM is already rooted so no need to use androot and if you use, it will get stuck as i mentioned before.

1 question guys..
I am using a2sd with JJ RLS7. I created a ext3 512 MB partition in my 8GB Verbatim micro SD card. What happens if I restart the phone without the memory card.
The other day, my phone restarted while I was on a call , and got stuck in a loop at the 'flashing' Android text screen. I had to remove my SD card, to make the phone boot. I lost all apps then. Any way to prevent this.
please help.

JJ is no longer being supported by it's developer. Rls7 had restart problem otherwise it was a very good ROM. Time to upgrade your ROM, though I know it can be little painful. I went through it, was using jj RLS7 and avoided RLS 8, 9.. then after a long time switched to FLB-Froyo9b.

Regarding Lost apps, You can keep a backup of all your apps using Titanium backup. In case of a crash or ROM upgrade, you can re-install all your apps including userdata and settings using titanium backup.

^ Been using RLS7 since the day it was released as didn't have time yet to upgrade and never got any restart problem yet. I never use a2sd, so I dunno if it is specific to that.

I'm waiting out on a relatively stable build of Cyanogen mod. Now that Cyanogen team supports Blade officially, we are all set for quite some time as far as ROMS are concerned.

On my brother's blade too we started facing issues with JJ and hence yesterday only switched to FLB Froyo r9b. I find this ROM very stable and easy to use and have no issues so far.

Since he did not have much apps it was not much cumbersome to add those.

Many a times when you are connected to internet and you get a call or you connect the charger the phone used to be restarted while using JJ7. This problem was not regular but happened sometimes. Other users have also reported this and I experienced it 1-2 times.

FLB r9b is very stable and runs fairly fast after 15 minutes of first install. However it doesn't supports a2sd+, though a2sd and App2Fat are supported. Rom is rooted with updated Busybox and updated google Apps. The only complaint till now I have with this ROM is lack of smart dialer and lack of circle battery indicator. Many times this ROM doesn't recognises the operator name and displays MCC codes only. Plus the APN list is also not as exhaustive as JJ.

^^ Yes me too have mentioned that i get MCC (or whatever it is) codes instead of names.

Also what do you mean by exhaustive APN list ?

In my case whenever i insert a say reliance card, i get rcomms and rcomnet APN and with BSNL card i get bsnlnet APN, so in my case the APNs get automatically get populated as per the operator.

Back