ZTE Blade aka DELL XCD 35 aka Orange San Francisco Thread

bigbyte said:
Well so many persons on this forum have obtained new Dellxcd35 with 2.2 preloaded, but it's sad that no one has uploaded it's ROM dump. most of us are using custom ROM's for our OSF due to lack of official Froyo. It's be great if we can try official English Froyo (that too Indian) on our phone.

Request all who've obtained new Dellxcd35, to upload the ROM dump.
If Dell XCD35 was bought from Letsbuy, its a Gen1 phone (with Android 2.1). I have posted a dump in modaco in case it helps anyone.

Gen1 android 2.1 dump was already available on modaco forum and the dump posted by you conatains only the boot and recovery partitions, not the actual ROM.

All the roms above N45+(not so sure) are Gen 2 only ... N60 is surely Gen 2 , unless someone converts it to Gen 1 .

Supra said:
^^ That build is for Gen 2 only or for Gen 1 ?
It will be gen2 but I think there is a way to use ROMs meant for gen2 on gen1 devices using some converter zip.

Sent from my ZTE-BLADE using Tapatalk

There is this gps.conf on modaco by lanceh which is for the SS RLS5 ROM. Can anyone tell me what exactly does that file do after it is put in its appropriate location. I think it is something related to AGPS. I have not replaced the file in my phone but I don't face any issues with maps.

any one using side case cover for blade?? where to buy it?? which other phone have same dimensions as blade??

ashu said:
any one using side case cover for blade?? where to buy it?? which other phone have same dimensions as blade??
I think people had mentioned that nokia E5 cover fits perfectly to blade.

raksrules said:
There is this gps.conf on modaco by lanceh which is for the SS RLS5 ROM. Can anyone tell me what exactly does that file do after it is put in its appropriate location. I think it is something related to AGPS. I have not replaced the file in my phone but I don't face any issues with maps.

It IS a config file for AGPS (which is what all phones have).
From what I understand, it stores links to servers from which time & satellite position information is retrieved.

haritr said:
you can try nokia E71 silicone cases and leather flip cases with zte blade. If you need the perfectly fitting ones, then you have to buy from ebay uk or ebay us.

zte blade case | eBay

zte blade case | eBay UK

There is a site sofiz.co.uk that ships these cases from singapore to india with free shipping. Its somewhat cheaper compared to buying from ebay us or uk

Thanks... also how to use tapatalk? when i search techenclave in it... it is not showing any results....

ashu said:
Thanks... also how to use tapatalk? when i search techenclave in it... it is not showing any results....
Search for "tech enclave" and you will get the results

bigbyte said:
Gen1 android 2.1 dump was already available on modaco forum and the dump posted by you conatains only the boot and recovery partitions, not the actual ROM.
Gen1 dump of Dell XCD35 was already there in modaco?

A quick question !

On my Nokia e63 and as well as on my friends Nexus one, if I plug in a ear phones without a mic, it uses the earphone for "audio out" and uses the mic of the handset for "Audio in". Where as if plug in a ear phone + mic hands free, it uses handsfree for both "Audio In and Audio out".

Now if I connect an earphone without mic (such as ep630) to my blade, some how it recognises the ear phone as earphone + mic. So it enables only audio out and NO audio in. In a nut shell, you can listen to call, nut cannot speak. Any one has noticed this and any solutions ?

Back