ZTE Blade aka DELL XCD 35 aka Orange San Francisco Thread

JT_daniel said:
lol I got some of that too, which pissed me off. I was actually informed that my phone was a "korea model" in the most condescending tone ever imaginable. What do they know, n00bs. :) I absolutely love the plain ZTE Blade one. I'll post pics of it once it arrives, I'm sure you'll change your opinion raksrules. Its plain sexy. :p

I just covered my Orange logo today with a Vinyl Android robot sticker I got off Ebay UK for 2.5 pounds (2 Green, 4 Black.. pricey, I know, but I absolutely hate that Orange Logo.. lol), so I'm well on my way to hiding every trace of Orange-ness of the phone.. lol

pics plzzzz!!! :p

raksrules said:
^^First you dealt with software removal of orange stuff and now hardware :p :lol:
lol I absolutely agree. :)
mavihs said:
pics plzzzz!!! :p
Done, but taken from the appalling camera in the Blade due to the non availability of any camera nearby. ;)

[attachment=8176:14432.attach]
Notice the Orange logo peeking out of the Android Logo's bottom.. lol :p There's the black one also stuck near the camera. Its not visible normally through the black Nilkin case, but at an angle it looks really good. :)

Once I get my screen protectors, I'll post more pics.

PS: Just found out that the seller who sold me the Android Sticker sent me ANOTHER set, since I had asked him the reason for the delay a few days ago. The original set came today but it seems he had already sent the replacement set and asked me to take it with his compliments! :D

Attachments

• IMG_20110525_010224.jpg
    IMG_20110525_010224.jpg
    54.4 KB · Views: 102
Anyone ordering NILLKIN cases from eBay UK please let me know. PayPal is being a bi@tch and not accepting my CC.

On a different note..

Installed SSRLS5. Phone runs smooth. (till now)

Bought a 16gb card. Still have to figure out how to ensure apps install on the card. Or should I use an app like APP2SD

Somethings about this phone REALLY annoy me.

a. Power button to wake up the device.

b. Settings, etc scattered all over the place.

c. No notifications LED.

d. Still feel I have no real control over the Apps. (well new to Android so I guess it could take a while.

e. Fruit Ninja pplays SUPER slow. Anyone know of a workaround?

Overall i'm quite happy with the phone and from next week will start using it on a daily basis.

JT_daniel said:
lol I absolutely agree. :)

Done, but taken from the appalling camera in the Blade due to the non availability of any camera nearby. ;)

View attachment 15196
Notice the Orange logo peeking out of the Android Logo's bottom.. lol :p There's the black one also stuck near the camera. Its not visible normally through the black Nilkin case, but at an angle it looks really good. :)

Once I get my screen protectors, I'll post more pics.

PS: Just found out that the seller who sold me the Android Sticker sent me ANOTHER set, since I had asked him the reason for the delay a few days ago. The original set came today but it seems he had already sent the replacement set and asked me to take it with his compliments! :D
niceeee!!! how much did you get it for(in rupees)?

After Paypal's nonsensical exchange rates, 180 bucks for 2 Green robot stickers. But he ended up slipping in 3 of the Black Android stickers too, so 1 sticker around 36 bucks. Pricey, I know, but when you spend a thousand bucks a month on small online purchases and not ask for a bike or a car, my mom doesn't seem to mind me using her credit card. :p

dafreaking said:
Anyone ordering NILLKIN cases from eBay UK please let me know. PayPal is being a bi@tch and not accepting my CC.

Your just a few days late mate, I just ordered a Nilkin Black set for my friend.. :( And once you sort out your Paypal account, why don't you go for the Sofiz cases? They're bundling it with those cool screen guards and if you have a OSF you could look into it.

Most of your questions have already been answered. So, I will just answer this one:

3) How does the Dell Warranty work?? Do they repair or replace the faulty device??

The guys at the Dell show room in Bangalore said the phone came with an advance exchange warranty. They will replace the phone in case of hardware problems.

dafreaking said:

On a different note..

Installed SSRLS5. Phone runs smooth. (till now)
Bought a 16gb card. Still have to figure out how to ensure apps install on the card. Or should I use an app like APP2SD

Somethings about this phone REALLY annoy me.
a. Power button to wake up the device.
b. Settings, etc scattered all over the place.
c. No notifications LED.
d. Still feel I have no real control over the Apps. (well new to Android so I guess it could take a while.
e. Fruit Ninja pplays SUPER slow. Anyone know of a workaround?

Overall i'm quite happy with the phone and from next week will start using it on a daily basis.

The SS RLS5 is indeed a very good ROM IMO.

Now for your issues.

1. Yes power button can be annoying and there may be hacks available to wake up your phone using Menu button but that will leave the phone awake full time draining the battery.
2. Settings...what do you mean by scattered ? There is a dedicated section on settings where everything is available.
3. The back key has a notification LED in it.
4. Real control over apps ??? What do you mean by that ??
5. I dont play games so no clue about this.

raksrules said:
The SS RLS5 is indeed a very good ROM IMO.

Now for your issues.

1. Yes power button can be annoying and there may be hacks available to wake up your phone using Menu button but that will leave the phone awake full time draining the battery.

2. Settings...what do you mean by scattered ? There is a dedicated section on settings where everything is available.

3. The back key has a notification LED in it.

4. Real control over apps ??? What do you mean by that ??

5. I dont play games so no clue about this.

1. Read about the hacks. Will live with it as I'll be using the phone as my main phone for a while and wouldn't wanna sacrifice battery

2. It's not that bad. Just that you have a number of addons on tweak etc. I guess kinda the beauty of Android. iOS seemed more streamlined.

3. That works only when the device is 'awake'

4. Ok so I jumped the gun. Was getting frustrated at how some of the things worked, but with each day I'm getting more familiar with the interface.
tutysara said:
For improving Fruit Ninja try overclocking with NoFrillsCpu which comes installed with SS.

Set Max cpu to 672. Still no improvement.

Any advice on APP2SD, etc?

^^With Froyo you dont need App2sd etc as it is already a built in feature. Just go to settings -> application and select an app and see there will be an option to move it to SD card.

Have you enabled Hardware Acceleration? You could enable that in Extra Settings. I never get any in game stutter (other than the odd Angry Birds level) and I'm on 691 Mhz max with ondemand governer and Hardware Acceleration enabled.

raksrules said:
^^With Froyo you dont need App2sd etc as it is already a built in feature. Just go to settings -> application and select an app and see there will be an option to move it to SD card.

HMM

Very few apps can really be moved to the SD with this though :( . What I was talking about is stuff like A2SD that uses EXT2 or EXT3 to give you additional space on the SD card to install apps. OR did I read all that stuff wrong.
JT_daniel said:
Have you enabled Hardware Acceleration? You could enable that in Extra Settings. I never get any in game stutter (other than the odd Angry Birds level) and I'm on 691 Mhz max with ondemand governer and Hardware Acceleration enabled.
Gonna bump up to 691 and try. Angry Birds RIO does lag. Not as much as Fruit Ninja though

^^There is something called Move2SD enabler. You can get that from market which enables that you can move most/all apps to SD card. Do check that.

SS RLS5 has built in support for dark tremors A2SD , just make sure u have ext partition which should be mounted (check clockwork recovery settings) ,

download a2sdgui from market ,using this app we can transfer apps from internal memory to SD-EXT partition and vice versa.

ashu said:
anyone converted blade to GEN2 ?? Anyone using Cyanagenmod7???
I did and going pretty well. Running N74 with fixed libaudio.so, very good battery life and most annoying bugs are fixed. Still a few bugs remain, but totally usable as a daily ROM.

I am using SS RSL5... but main problem is battery life short even after calibration.... is N74 offer better performance?

^ CM7 in general offers better performance due to it being Gingerbread. Battery life would be similar to SS, or may even be slightly lesser. For me it lasts about 36 hours with 1-2 hrs of calling, 10-15 texts and some email and browsing.

If you jump to CM7, don't forget to use the patch for libaudio.so, there's battery drain in CM7 as of now without using this patch. If you have a hard time finding the patch, PM me and I'll give you the link for it.

help me .

i had a san francisco whose battery i had lost .

so i bought a new 1 from dell and now when i put it in my phone it is stuck at 1% and the moment i remove it from charging the phone switches off .

i am confused , what should i do ?

Back