ZTE Blade aka DELL XCD 35 aka Orange San Francisco Thread

raksrules said:
^^Such a thing was there actually ?? :S

I have to keep on pressing back-back-back in apps like opera (mini and mobile) hence i have stopped to bothered and after finishing with my surfing, i just press the home button to send app to background as it will be killed automatically later on.
I did a search on Google before posting this and some of the results showed it was possible with CM 6/7.

Sent from my ZTE-BLADE using Tapatalk

thanks man will try this... by the way i just upgraded to cm 7.0.3... but i think same method will update me to N82 right?? plzz guide

^ Yes same thing, or else since you've already upgraded, you can just boot into Clockwork and apply the update for N82. Do not forget to apply libaudio.so patch as well. :)

PS: Latest nightly is N85, so you can apply that.

^ First download N85 and then open it and navigate to system/libs folder, where you'll find the old libaudio.so. Replace this with the new libaudio.so from comment #65 and flash. :)

Or you can install this patch from Clockwork after installing N85, though this libaudio.so is 1 version older, but works well though programs like Skype will use the loudspeaker instead of earpiece. http://www.megaupload.com/?d=82LCB8Z1

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

ashu said:
how is [ROM] Cyanogenmod Green V2 (android 2.3.4) (GEN2 only) - Android @ MoDaCo this? one question it says wipe all data means what exactly means??
This looks good. Looks like N85 with all the fixes. Go ahead and apply it. Wipe all data means, all your user data will be wiped/factory reset. Do this before you install the ROM from clockwork.

done it!!! its good n85 green... thanks for help!!!

intereface feels very smooth after updation!!!

hi

quick question, i picked this phone up in the UK and am back in India now. Where can i buy a case and screen protector for the phone?

any recommendations? online purchasing would be great!

thanks

babhishek said:
hi

quick question, i picked this phone up in the UK and am back in India now. Where can i buy a case and screen protector for the phone?

any recommendations? online purchasing would be great!

thanks

You should have bought that from there. Not available for purchase locally. I have ordered mine from eBay UK :p

Anyone use Applanet as well as Adfree Android? Applanet seems to have network issues after I installed Adfree Android

Raksrules, I didn't want to crap on your sale thread, but why are you selling off your blade??!!

The TE Blade community will be losing a valuable member. :(

hi guys my brother bought DELL xcd35 today. i think there is a lag when compared to my samsung galaxy3.

how to select the contacts to show from phone itself, when i exported contact from SD card it copied normally ,but it does not showing .there is are option with local contacts and SIM contacts and gmail contacts. when i select local contacts it does not show the contacts. how to solve this problem

bsd said:
hi guys my brother bought DELL xcd35 today. i think there is a lag when compared to my samsung galaxy3.

how to select the contacts to show from phone itself, when i exported contact from SD card it copied normally ,but it does not showing .there is are option with local contacts and SIM contacts and gmail contacts. when i select local contacts it does not show the contacts. how to solve this problem

I don't know about the contacts but you could install launcherpro or go launcher, that will reduce the menu-lag.

bsd said:

Did you try importing the contacts from the SD Card? It should show you all the contacts after importing is complete.

If not, you can try checking all three type of contacts and see if they show up or not.

Here is the Official Dell XCD 35 ROM with stock recovery.
ZTE Blade Romdump Froyo Official ! [Dell XCD 35] [GEN 2] [TFT ] - Android @ MoDaCo

Those who have already flashed their XCD35, please try this rom and confirm whether we can use this to go back to stock ROM. Thus we can claim warranty if there is something wrong within the 1 year warranty period.

Am really interested in custom ROMs but interested in having the warranty protection for one year from dell. So if someone can confirm that i can use this to go back to the stock rom of dell xcd 35, then its really good :)

^My friend has an XCD35 and i put in SS5 and then CM7 on his phone but then he wanted an official 2.2 so i just restored his original ROM and he got it upgraded from Dell store. They didnt notice a darn thing...So you can anytime do that if you take a backup of ROM on SD card.

Dropped my plan to sell of my blade for now. So back to getting top of things on Blade ROM developments :p

Can anyone tell me what video player do you use ?

I want to play those 350 MB TV series AVI rips and those low bitrate MKV files (75-200 MB each episode types).

Back