ZTE Blade aka DELL XCD 35 aka Orange San Francisco Thread

ashu said:
I am using SS RSL5... but main problem is battery life short even after calibration.... is N74 offer better performance?

I beg to differ. I have excellent battery life in SS RLS5 ROM (offcourse i use data only when needed and calls are less). But i can stretch till 3 days (72 Hours) without recharging the battery. Also this happened only after battery calibration was done.

After my next recharge i will again check and confirm my stats.
buddingwhizkid said:
help me .

i had a san francisco whose battery i had lost .

so i bought a new 1 from dell and now when i put it in my phone it is stuck at 1% and the moment i remove it from charging the phone switches off .

i am confused , what should i do ?
Try charging battery with phone turned off. Using clockwork remove the battery stats.

^^Head to this thread and download the said utility. It says that it will enabled the button to deleted the stats on battery reaching 100% but you dont need to do that.

If you have/had clock work installed you can boot in CWM and then delete battery stats.

So got my xcd35 from letsbuy. Its a GEN2 with 2.2

Since this is my 1st android I will stay with the stock and get used to android before trying custom rom. will root it though.

Off to the market to get a memory card and cover

I am using SS RLS5 ROM and we know that blades (or may be this ROM) have this issue wherein the wifi drops when the phone goes on standby/sleep. I need something/someway in which i can ensure that the wifi connection does not die even if the phone goes to sleep. In short wifi should be alive all the time.

raksrules said:
I am using SS RLS5 ROM and we know that blades (or may be this ROM) have this issue wherein the wifi drops when the phone goes on standby/sleep. I need something/someway in which i can ensure that the wifi connection does not die even if the phone goes to sleep. In short wifi should be alive all the time.

that probs is there with the stock ROM too!!! :(

Aladdin said:
If i keep it plugged in then the wifi stays ON :p
Sure ?? This is really good if true. I am actually inspired by the thread about using something else for downloading at night. If it works then great. Will try this weekend.

raksrules said:
This is the most talked about bug in CM7 thread everyday in Modaco. AFAIK, this is a hardware limitation on the Blade and hence is applicable on any ROM.

Someone had mentioned in Modaco that the hardware of the Blade is designed in such a way that when the CPU goes to sleep, the wifi chip cannot maintain the connection on its own. There are work arounds to keep connection alive, but that would mean preventing the phone from sleeping, which means battery gonna be drained in a few hours.

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

raksrules said:
Sure ?? This is really good if true. I am actually inspired by the thread about using something else for downloading at night. If it works then great. Will try this weekend.
Yes this works. When plugged in, the phone won't sleep and hence wifi remains connected. I wouldn't recommend using a phone as a download rig, it will die sooner than it should. IMO you should get a Seagate Dockstar or a router capable of downloading like the Asus N13U. ;)

universal said:
SS RLS5 has built in support for dark tremors A2SD , just make sure u have ext partition which should be mounted (check clockwork recovery settings) ,
download a2sdgui from market ,using this app we can transfer apps from internal memory to SD-EXT partition and vice versa.

Ordered the Nillkin case and some anti-glare screen protectors from eBay UK. Hope they get delivered soon.

ontherocks said:
Any other cheaper options?
Don't need wireless/access-point/repeater/print-server capabilities.
Don't know any cheaper routers than N13U that has USB support and capable of downloading.

Also, if you can find the right source, you can get Seagate Dockstar for as low as Rs 2000, which is probably the cheapest option, many in TE had got this for similar price a few months back. Though don't know if such deals are still there.

thatsashok said:
you can get asus wl 520gu g series router from dvdstoredelhi via Dealers section or Ebay.in for 1.7k~1.9k

It supports dd-wrt, tomato and oleg firmwares.

But dockstar is a much better option as it has more usb ports with high RAM and Memory and we can get it for 2k~3K from ebay.com auctions
Will any Router that has a USB port and is compatible with dd-wrt/tomato work?

My current Router has a USB port and is compatible with dd-wrt.

Hmm.. I think Ive come to the wrong thread :p

What happened to the thread on the Blade.

Anyone know how to activate "Long Press Back Button to Kill Apps" on SS. I believe CM has this available as part of the rom.

^^Such a thing was there actually ?? :S

I have to keep on pressing back-back-back in apps like opera (mini and mobile) hence i have stopped to bothered and after finishing with my surfing, i just press the home button to send app to background as it will be killed automatically later on.

Back