ZTE Blade aka DELL XCD 35 aka Orange San Francisco Thread

kartikoli said:
got my phone from letsbuy with 2.1 and upgraded to official 2.2 but now i cant connect to PC using usb

please help me ... am i missing something like PC connectivity/mass storage etc.
Have you enabled the USB mass storage option in phone when you connect you phone to the PC?

You will see a notification on the notification bar when you connect your phone to pc and you can enable usb mass storeage option from there.

^^^ yes figured out when i tried to pair my bluetooth ... now its connected

secondly can i use my PC internet [EVDO] to surf/download on mobile as gprs is useless and i dont have wifi connection

my PC dont have WIFI ... should i buy any wifi device [link will be appreciated]

i would love to have mobile connected to internet through usb

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

lilboy said:
is there full flash in this phone after froyo update
just tell me how do i chk that ... will let you know

lilboy said:
is there full flash in this phone after froyo update
If you are asking about Adobe Flash Player, then that is not supported, by any ARM v6 processor based phone.

SEcondly, the screen gard I ordered from Ebay.. is a fail product, has scratches all over ( the screen is safe though )

I wanted to know how I can get good screen gards ?

Dell XCD35/ Blade dont have flash at all, so dont try it. Youtube videos wont play in browser unless the browser is skyfire which essentially converts the flash content to HTML5 on the fly and delivers to the phone a full desktop browser experience (which i dont need btw). But yes the youtube app is neat enough for playing the youtube videos.

Btw the battery life of the Portuguese ROM is definitely very good and i can say that because i was using my phone continuously yesterday while travelling from Pune to Mumbai on expressway and using tata docomo in 3G mode and even with that the battery drop was very less, something which did not happen in SS RLS5. There it used to drop like stopwatch when in 3G mode and using internet. But still i will be doing a battery callibration using the top mentioned at modaco.

raksrules said:
Dell XCD35/ Blade dont have flash at all, so dont try it. Youtube videos wont play in browser unless the browser is skyfire which essentially converts the flash content to HTML5 on the fly and delivers to the phone a full desktop browser experience (which i dont need btw). But yes the youtube app is neat enough for playing the youtube videos.

Btw the battery life of the Portuguese ROM is definitely very good and i can say that because i was using my phone continuously yesterday while travelling from Pune to Mumbai on expressway and using tata docomo in 3G mode and even with that the battery drop was very less, something which did not happen in SS RLS5. There it used to drop like stopwatch when in 3G mode and using internet. But still i will be doing a battery callibration using the top mentioned at modaco.
Super news. I think I am going to switch to the Portuguese ROM in a couple of days. Mebbe do a nandroid backup, complete wipe and then install.

On another note. How is CM7? w.r.t. Battery and phone speed?

dafreaking said:
On another note. How is CM7? w.r.t. Battery and phone speed?
CM7 is probably the best performing ROM AFAIK, in terms of speed. Battery life is also very good these days, 48 hours with normal usage.

^^ That means CM7 has improved a lot since the last time I updated it. But still I have no plan to convert my phone to gen2 and for some reason I don't think there is anything more substantial that it offers. I may be wrong here.

Sent from my ZTE-BLADE using Tapatalk

you tube videos play flawlessly in zte blade using the youtube application. raksrules is correct that it won't play in browsers due to lack of flash, but you can play them easily in you tube application.

^^ you mean 360p videos? Or 720p also?

Also guys, want to know, how's the IQ of this, good enough for normal group photos?

ALso, how's the experience using CM7 on this phone? And apps and lag etc etc?

^ HQ videos play fine, don't know if it's 720p though, could be 480p as well. IQ is just okay, nothing great but does the job.

CM7 is totally awesome, all apps run faster than 2.2 ROMS, this is clearly visible with the faster loading of heavy apps like Gallery loading 200+ photos at once. It's said that games run much better on CM7 as well, but I don't game on phone so can't comment. The customization features and addons it comes with just makes it a treat. I will not be going back to any other 2.2 ROM as I'm totally hooked to CM7.

comp@ddict said:
^^ you mean 360p videos? Or 720p also?

Also guys, want to know, how's the IQ of this, good enough for normal group photos?

ALso, how's the experience using CM7 on this phone? And apps and lag etc etc?

Exactly what arun687 said....

arun687 said:
^ HQ videos play fine, don't know if it's 720p though, could be 480p as well. IQ is just okay, nothing great but does the job.

CM7 is totally awesome, all apps run faster than 2.2 ROMS, this is clearly visible with the faster loading of heavy apps like Gallery loading 200+ photos at once. It's said that games run much better on CM7 as well, but I don't game on phone so can't comment. The customization features and addons it comes with just makes it a treat. I will not be going back to any other 2.2 ROM as I'm totally hooked to CM7.
Which version of CM7 do you use?

Back