ZTE Blade aka DELL XCD 35 aka Orange San Francisco Thread

Guys facing issues today. Dont know what caused it. Yet to find it.

My phone refuses to sleep :( After unplugging the phone, when i checked after 2 hours the battery drop was like 10% which was surprising. When i checked spare parts application, under battery usage i found that RUNNING was 100% and on tapping that i get that phone has not been sleeping at all since last unplugged.

What may seem to be the issue ? I am also trying to ascertain it but still any help in this regard will be appreciated.

Just to make sure if phone is sleeping or not, i kept phone aside for like half an hour and then clicked the menu button but still the light came on which means it is still awake.

I am using Portuguese Spring RLS3b

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

Issue resolved. A restart solved it.

Guess it's time for me to take the plunge.. to CM7.

I think I should start with installing this one: [GEN1&GEN2][ROM]CM 7.0.2stable + Nxx TPT Image for easy Install - Android @ MoDaCo

Should I go for a 7.0.3 version or 7.0.2? Any major differences between the two? I believe 7.0.3 has a battery freeze issue. Also, which nightly is currently the best option?

I'm still reading up a lot on Modaco. Would appreciate any help from members here, especially the ones who are already on CM7.

P.S: I'm currently on Android 2.2 - FLB r12.

Ok.. Will check it out.

This will convert the phone to Gen2 as well as install N98 in one go.

Will it convert to 7.0.2 or to 7.0.3? 'Coz I keep reading about the battery freeze issue in the 7.0.3 and I don't want that to happen.

I'm on Nightly 74, I had done the upgrade like a month ago. Will be updating to N98 or above soon.

PS: I used the same method provided in the page I linked to. wbaw updates the TPT files with new nightlies regularly, so that people upgrading from Gen 1 can get it done along with installing the latest CM7 nightly at once.

Ok..! I will take the plunge tonight if possible. Need to backup all data first. Will update this post when done.

Thanks Arun.

I am planning to move back to SS RLS5 since there are couple of issues with the Portuguese spring ROM. The notification power widget gets screwed if we touch its settings. Battery life is definitely good in this. Yet to decide. Inspite of having the notification power widget i am using the standard power widget on homescreen. Lets see. Will wait for a week or so if developer reverts back.

If anyone here is planning to go to Portuguese RLS3b, got for great battery and assume you never had power widget in notification. Else it is a great ROM.

@logistopath

So did you flash CM7 ?? Do you find anything new or something which is probably now useful and you never had that in 2.2 ROMs ? Or anything ??

raksrules said:
I am planning to move back to SS RLS5 since there are couple of issues with the Portuguese spring ROM. The notification power widget gets screwed if we touch its settings. Battery life is definitely good in this. Yet to decide. Inspite of having the notification power widget i am using the standard power widget on homescreen. Lets see. Will wait for a week or so if developer reverts back.

If anyone here is planning to go to Portuguese RLS3b, got for great battery and assume you never had power widget in notification. Else it is a great ROM.

@logistopath

So did you flash CM7 ?? Do you find anything new or something which is probably now useful and you never had that in 2.2 ROMs ? Or anything ??

i have installed portuguese RLS3b and i am personally liking it more then the swedish spring. battery life is definitely much better but only when the phone

is idle. it drains like hell when you make or receive call.

Ok... My impressions after almost 12 hours with the new CM7 installed on my device:

- Installation was a breeze. Don't remember any other installation being so simple, let alone on a mobile device. All I had to do was make backups, copy the image of CM7 on the SD card, and reboot with volume + key pressed. Within 2 to 3 minutes, I was welcomed with the new CM7 bootsplash and then the initial setup screen. Sweet.

- In these 12 hours, no frozen screens or charging problems. Device works smoothly.

- ADW launcher inbuilt means that I did not have to install it separately. :p It was always my primary launcher.

- Settings has a separate CM settings option, through which all small and nifty changes can be made, like controlling the amount of haptic feedback or the power widget option in notification bar or the lockscreen options.

- Haven't installed any games yet, so no comments about that.

- Calibrated the battery today afternoon. It's been 4 hours since then, and as of now, the battery remaining is 82%. In these 4 hours, around a couple of hours, it was in 3G mode, and about 12Mb of data transfer in 3g mode was done. Also included are about 25 mins of talk time, and screen being switched on for about 30 to 40 mins. It's pretty soon to say this, but I think there is no fast battery drain, and I expect an average of 1 to 1.5 days for every charge.

- The most pronounced change that I noticed was the improvement of sound quality through the speakers. I'm not sure why or how, but to me, sound quality had improved, although the maximum volume output remains almost the same.

That's it. Will update in a couple of days with battery backup results and also game performance..

^ Cool, do play with the CM7 settings, there are plenty of little things that you can tweak to personalize the device for your kind of usage.

Also, give it 3-4 charge-discharge cycles for the battery life to stabilize, I'm sure you'll find it almost as good as you can get with any other ROM.

logistopath said:
Ok... My impressions after almost 12 hours with the new CM7 installed on my device:

- Installation was a breeze. Don't remember any other installation being so simple, let alone on a mobile device. All I had to do was make backups, copy the image of CM7 on the SD card, and reboot with volume + key pressed. Within 2 to 3 minutes, I was welcomed with the new CM7 bootsplash and then the initial setup screen. Sweet.

- In these 12 hours, no frozen screens or charging problems. Device works smoothly.

- ADW launcher inbuilt means that I did not have to install it separately. :p It was always my primary launcher.

- Settings has a separate CM settings option, through which all small and nifty changes can be made, like controlling the amount of haptic feedback or the power widget option in notification bar or the lockscreen options.

- Haven't installed any games yet, so no comments about that.

- Calibrated the battery today afternoon. It's been 4 hours since then, and as of now, the battery remaining is 82%. In these 4 hours, around a couple of hours, it was in 3G mode, and about 12Mb of data transfer in 3g mode was done. Also included are about 25 mins of talk time, and screen being switched on for about 30 to 40 mins. It's pretty soon to say this, but I think there is no fast battery drain, and I expect an average of 1 to 1.5 days for every charge.

- The most pronounced change that I noticed was the improvement of sound quality through the speakers. I'm not sure why or how, but to me, sound quality had improved, although the maximum volume output remains almost the same.

That's it. Will update in a couple of days with battery backup results and also game performance..
which version u installed? which method u used to install (form gen1 to gen2)? ....does tether usb/wifi works with latest release ?

@universal: I used the TPT image for CM7 + Nightly 98 by wbaw from the link provided a few posts above by arun687 in this thread only. You just need to download this image and save it to your SD card. Then reboot while pressing the volume up button. It will do the conversion to Gen 2, repartitioning the space, and installing CM7 all by itself in one step. Absolutely nothing else to do.

Haven't checked wifi and tethering. Will do and update soon.

@Saiyan: Sure. Just wait until Sunday.

^^Did you try installing the FMradio.apk or FM Radio.apk (both are different) from any of the other ROMs and saw whether they work ?

Btw there is a thread on XDA too about a REAL radio application (not online radio), try that, i haven't as i dont use radio on my phone.

^ No mate I haven't tried as I don't use FM radio at all, though I think those won't work with CM7. Just mentioned it for people who use FM radio to take note, if they're looking to move to CM7.

Back