ZTE Blade aka DELL XCD 35 aka Orange San Francisco Thread

deathgoddg said:
Method is pretty easy I just did the following :
1. Returned to stock phone partition i.e. Stock Gen2 (md5:85D7B01156C2E713FA927C78D2C39D53).
2. Flashed stock Dell XCD 35 Froyo F/W.
3. Placed the 2.3.5 image.bin file under SD Card > image .
4. Then went to settings > About phone > System updates.

Major changes I noticed over CM7 are :
Faster response as around 320mB RAM is free on CM7 max I could get was 280mB.
WiFi doesnt drop out :) , Cant comment on battery life as of now .
Been using the phone for 2 hrs and am loving it , its much more stable :) i miss a few CM7 settings though but overall i find it a lot better.

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

Download ROM here : Link.
And it can be rooted without any hassle :)
Dude ! I updated to this ROM and now I can't root it. Z4root apk do not work no more. How do I go back to my Dell Original ROM ??? I need to RMA this phone :(

I have tried like 4 methods and nothing works. All I want is to rollback to the stock dell froyo so that I can give the phone to Dell Service Center for RMA. My Menu and Back keys are still not working. :( So scared at the moment :p

Ok here am giving a TPT image of Gen3 to Gen2 .

Download Here!

Just extract the rar on your SD card and check for the folder "image" and check if it has a .img file as well . When checked shutdown mobile and press the volume (+) and the menu button and then press the ON button . It should show a TPT screen . On reboot you should boot into Clockworkmod , select the dell NANDROID Backup or the Dell ROM zip :D and you are good to go .

^^ From a CM7 7.1 Stable Gen 2 ROM can I put the ZTE GEN3 ROM directly via CWM ? If not the only way is to restore back to stock Dell ROM and put it in image and go to sustem updates ?

Well AFAIK ... what i did was a long step .. But Radio updates cant be applied from CMW ..

So now you do one thing :

1. Put the GB OFFICIAL image file under image folder in SD Card if its not there then create one .

2. Switch off the mobile and start it with menu and vol+ button pressed.

TPT update should be done . The image file have the newer baseband partition layout and the ROM all in one img file .

^^ Thanks for the updates. Also to confirm I hope CWM is not erased after TPT update is done ?

Just in case that I wanna go back to CM7 nandroid backup , I should be able to do it right through CWM ?

CWM will be erased after you go to GEN3 ... and CM7 doesn't work on Gen3 . You have to downgrade to Gen2 to install CM7 and other GEN2 custom ROMs .

yes I have rooted the stock ROM perfectly . First get the clockworkmod 5.0.2.0 img file from sticky thread of custom roms , and put SuperUser install zip on SD . Now connect on ADB then "adb reboot-bootloader"

"fastboot flash recovery <path to clockworkmod image>"

"fastboot reboot"

while rebooting hole the vol - key and enter CWM and install the SuperUser zip , done .

Credits goes to WBAW for the method .

Posted this working method of rooting the GEN3 Gingerbread ROM and install CWM on it :) . Enjoy

deathgoddg said:
Ok here am giving a TPT image of Gen3 to Gen2 .
Download Here!
Just extract the rar on your SD card and check for the folder "image" and check if it has a .img file as well . When checked shutdown mobile and press the volume (+) and the menu button and then press the ON button . It should show a TPT screen . On reboot you should boot into Clockworkmod , select the dell NANDROID Backup or the Dell ROM zip :D and you are good to go .
Dude :( My menu button is not working :( Can I not do it without that ?

Somebody please help me root my frakked up 2.3.5 device ....

O course that is what I am planning but for the service center guys to help me, I need to reflash the DELL Stock ROM and that is the only thing I am thinking of atm.

I even tried pushin blade recovery via fastboot, tried pushing root apk via adb, nothing seems to work with this 2.3.5 shit. Everything seems to be locked. I am fkked up big time.

Finally was able to come back to the Dell ROM. No I am not trying anything random now. :(

You've probably tried only vol+ and power on without menu right? Probably didn't work.

Try the windows flashing method on modaco. I haven't done it myself so i can't give you explicit details, but read up and see if it might work in your case.

Well you are talking about the fastboot method. Even that didn't work.

I am 99% set except one trouble. Although I am on Dell Stock ROM, whenever I reboot, I still see a ZTE logo, then dell logo comes, then comes the dell animation and then finally phone starts.

Can I not remove that zte thing ? Why is it still showing up ?

The fastboot method works mate..... Wbaw suggested it and few guys including me checked it.... Anyway I will post the method of getting back Dell logo with the file in a while .

Sent from my Blade using Tapatalk

Vasishta.Sushant said:
O course that is what I am planning but for the service center guys to help me, I need to reflash the DELL Stock ROM and that is the only thing I am thinking of atm.

I even tried pushin blade recovery via fastboot, tried pushing root apk via adb, nothing seems to work with this 2.3.5 shit. Everything seems to be locked. I am fkked up big time.

Finally was able to come back to the Dell ROM. No I am not trying anything random now. :(
Don't scare off others .... just cause your hardware has gone bad you are facing these issues.

Sent from my Blade using Tapatalk

Dell Logo

Download this file put the phone in fastboot mode and then put in

"fastboot flash splash logo.bmp"

That should put your Dell logo back in place , man you are complaining about this , I had lost my IMEI as I tried being a smart ass and used other TPT Files ... long story :p .

Back