ZTE Blade aka DELL XCD 35 aka Orange San Francisco Thread

xtremevicky said:
Restart the phone and see what the battery is then !

As i said, the indicator could be wrong, but the fact that it's been running for 4 days itself is mindblowing!

Dude, i would kill for 2 days battery life. Since updating to nightly 213, my battery lasts about a day and a half. Previously i used to get about 3 days. Note that I hardly use my blade for regular stuff, have another phone for that, so my usage doesn't compare to what alian1980 has posted.

I heard the battery life is better with 227 but there's a bucketload of updates planned for the next nightly so i'm waiting to upgrade.

akshay7g said:
Guys, I'm planning to install CM7 227 on my friend's gen2 XCD35. Need links for a rooting app (z4root), working recovery manager (.37b will do?) and clockwork (3.0.2.4 really required or latest will do?). I'm happy with BlueGinger on my blade. Is CM7 supposed to be better?

BUMP guys. Modaco isnt helping.

^^ Dude links are broken there. And I did install Froyo FLB, BlueGinger ROM on my blade. THANKS for helping :p

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

Is UniversalAndroot-1.6.2-beta5 + Recovery Manager 0.37b + Clockwork 4.0.1.5-blade-gen2 + CM7 227 working combo for gen2 blade?

akshay7g said:
^^ Dude links are broken there. And I did install Froyo FLB, BlueGinger ROM on my blade. THANKS for helping :p

Is UniversalAndroot-1.6.2-beta5 + Recovery Manager 0.37b + Clockwork 4.0.1.5-blade-gen2 + CM7 227 working combo for gen2 blade?
Z4Root worked for me on the stock Dell 2.2 Froyo . First check if your one is a Gen2 or not . Anyway after which download ROM Manager from Market and click the first option of Flash ClockworkMod recovery . Put the CM7 zip file in the SD card . Shutdown the phone . Restart it pressing the (-) vol key and you will see the recovery then I think you know the rest . Do a NANDROID backup of the Stock ROM always helpful :). My Dropbox link to z4root

xtremevicky said:
I am on GSF B27 and my battery runs a max a day . I use my phone a lot tough !

Is Gen3 battery life good ?

Yes I have tried the official GB release and it is damn stable and Battery life is good even with 6hrs WiFi it lasted 36-40hrs along with 2G and mostly apps I dont play games much . But yes dont update to Gen3 presently as 175mb for internal memory is too less wait for better partition layout , if you are OK with that much Space then you can give it a try. Upgrading and downgrading between Gen2 and Gen3 is quite easy :p . I am back on CM 7.1 but I hate the battery life :( waiting for a good nightly or for more Gen3 layouts :) .

I've heard changing cache partition size causes market to be unable to download large files (>cache size). Since most custom firmwares have only 2mb cache, I think it can be an issue. Only reducing the system partition to 160mb makes sense.
Wish one can make his own version and not wait for others :)

For Gen2 and Gen1 you can afford 2mb cache and there is a program for custom layout as well .. but for Gen3 there is a cache patch to redirect the data though i have not tried it. Anyway WBAW didnt reply for change in partition of Gen3 . I was going to try to edit them myself but since it can seriously brick my mobile I will prefer downgrading and waiting .

deathgoddg said:
Yes I have tried the official GB release and it is damn stable and Battery life is good even with 6hrs WiFi it lasted 36-40hrs along with 2G and mostly apps I dont play games much . But yes dont update to Gen3 presently as 175mb for internal memory is too less wait for better partition layout , if you are OK with that much Space then you can give it a try. Upgrading and downgrading between Gen2 and Gen3 is quite easy :p . I am back on CM 7.1 but I hate the battery life :( waiting for a good nightly or for more Gen3 layouts :) .

Similar thoughts mate. I would prefer a nightly which is stable and gives me good battery life. With GSF I am getting the battery life that is acceptable so will only change when I get something better. :)

Which is the Gen 3 ROM you guys are trying out ? I am getting 2 days battery life minimum now a days with 7.1 Stable. So battery life is not much of a concern these days with CM7...its quite good

Is there any official GEN 3 ROM like Dell Froyo Stock ROM and not the modified ones ?

yesh look in this thread http://android.modaco.com/topic/347197-dev-official-zte-libra-gingerbread-android-235/Official Ginger Bread ROM [GEN 3] . Just TPT the image and you will have Stock 2.3 ... only problem of it is the layout :( . If it had better layout i will stick to that :) . I used this and i liked it a lot as I dont need a lot of settings from CM7 :p

And if you need to downgrade to GEN2 then ask me for image . Dont try out TPT Helper else you might end up breaking your ROM and losing your IMEI like me .. though I recovered it properly now :) .

akshay7g said:

I know the links there are broken, but all we can do is search around there for mirrors, just like you can.

UniversalAndroot may not work for newer blades, try the z4root.

xtremevicky said:
No mate.

I am not on Gen 3.

Sorry, confused you with deathgoddg.

deathgoddg said:
I am back on CM 7.1 but I hate the battery life :( waiting for a good nightly or for more Gen3 layouts :) .

Stable or nightly 227?

bhupatib said:
I've heard changing cache partition size causes market to be unable to download large files (>cache size). Since most custom firmwares have only 2mb cache, I think it can be an issue. Only reducing the system partition to 160mb makes sense.
Wish one can make his own version and not wait for others :)

CM7 has a redirect script which uses cache on sdcard. go for a 160mb system and 2mb cache. less than 160 system some people have issue with newer nightlies+apps.

pageisgod85 said:
@Julian

Have you tried this CM7 theme? Looks pretty good.

[THEME][CM7]Meizu by ZduneX25 - xda-developers

Will check it out asap. cheers

xtremevicky said:
Similar thoughts mate. I would prefer a nightly which is stable and gives me good battery life. With GSF I am getting the battery life that is acceptable so will only change when I get something better. :)

no nightly will ever be stable. they will keep coming out with something or the other. just find a nightly build which has a lot of satisfied users and go for it.

Supra said:
Which is the Gen 3 ROM you guys are trying out ? I am getting 2 days battery life minimum now a days with 7.1 Stable. So battery life is not much of a concern these days with CM7...its quite good
Is there any official GEN 3 ROM like Dell Froyo Stock ROM and not the modified ones ?

I think it's too early to use gen3 for anything other than testing purposes. wait for more gen3 support from cm7 and then go for it. i still don't know what major advantage gen3 has right now.

Julian said:
I know the links there are broken, but all we can do is search around there for mirrors, just like you can.

UniversalAndroot may not work for newer blades, try the z4root.

Sorry, confused you with deathgoddg.

Stable or nightly 227?

CM7 has a redirect script which uses cache on sdcard. go for a 160mb system and 2mb cache. less than 160 system some people have issue with newer nightlies+apps.

Will check it out asap. cheers

no nightly will ever be stable. they will keep coming out with something or the other. just find a nightly build which has a lot of satisfied users and go for it.

I think it's too early to use gen3 for anything other than testing purposes. wait for more gen3 support from cm7 and then go for it. i still don't know what major advantage gen3 has right now.
Changes are only in radio it provides better speed.... And official gingerbread only exists on gen 3.... Rest of them are build from bustlem source and midst time it's based on beta kernel ... :/ ...

Sent from my Blade using Tapatalk

Back