ZTE Blade aka DELL XCD 35 aka Orange San Francisco Thread

Maybe it's a personal preference, but I hate capacitive buttons on a phone. Used the Nexus One, the Mi-410, and the Desire HD. Didn't like them one bit.

For me, it's the difference in pressure required that puts me off. The touchscreen requires a very light touch, and then when a button needs to be pressed, my finger press 'calibration' (lol) goes for a toss. especially one handed. otherwise i love clickety click tactile buttons.

Alright I am back at the stock Dell ROM but still can't use the Menu and Back buttons. :(

Dell service sucks.

Do I have any other option ? Ane dell service center in Gurgaon ?

Vasishta.Sushant said:
Alright I am back at the stock Dell ROM but still can't use the Menu and Back buttons. :(

Dell service sucks.

Do I have any other option ? Ane dell service center in Gurgaon ?

Visit dell service centre phone division: Digicomp complete solutions, b/204, upper ground floor, dlf super mart 1, dlf city phase-iv, gurgaon-02, [Phone:0124-4047625]

Sorry for the inverted shot

Sent from my ZTE-BLADE using Tapatalk

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1319002459244.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1319002459244.jpg
    19.6 KB · Views: 103
There is this one phone that's new competition to the Dell. Its the new Samsung Galaxy Y S5360 which is available for 6750/- .broadly the same price point.

Pros:

823Mhz CPU ,

Gingerbread on stock,

Decent sized screen, QVGA though.

Cons:

Just like the Dell , an average camera.

Low RAM.

deathgoddg said:
Sorry for the inverted shot

What about it mate ?

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

delhiboy1000 said:
There is this one phone that's new competition to the Dell. Its the new Samsung Galaxy Y S5360 which is available for 6750/- .broadly the same price point.

There's no comparison really, the screen has like half the ppi of the blade.

Most people who I've shown the blade to usually react with 'wow, this screen is so clear!'

the baseband and other details of gen3 . BTW read on the other forum that Dell PC Suite works with Dell XCD 35 .. anyone knows how to make it work or which PC Suite to use?

Another thing i noticed that the blade didn't get hot while using it on WiFi for long time .. even while charging .. the stock kernel is not overclock-able . its on ON-DEMAND @ 600mhz max .

This is my nightly 213's details.

[attachment=9852:16639.attach]

Attachments

• device.JPG
    device.JPG
    42.7 KB · Views: 106
delhiboy1000 said:

There is no comparison really. The screen has half the ppi of the blade. In fact one of the first things most people say when they first see my blade is 'Wow, that screen is so clear!'

Guys, I'm planning to install CM7 227 on my friend's gen2 XCD35. Need links for a rooting app (z4root), working recovery manager (.37b will do?) and clockwork (3.0.2.4 really required or latest will do?). I'm happy with BlueGinger on my blade. Is CM7 supposed to be better?

Hi Guys,

I am new member of the XCD 35 family. i got the phone around 15 days back..... I noticed that the battery lasted around 24 hours only.

But thats not I am here for - complaining about the battery life. I noticed something unusual for my phone, i last charged my phone around 3 days 15 hours back and still the battery is at FULL 100% - this is according to the about phone --> battery status and also as per the battery widgets that I downloaded.

I make calls for around 30 minutes daily, use GPRS for 15-30 minutes to check cricket scores, and do play games like angry bird, and drag race.....

Is this something unusual, did my phone forget how to get discharged:D..... Did anyone else noticed this? Should I be worried or happy??? Its not even gone down t0 99%, still at 100 after around 4 days.......phew

Please advise. and Yes it has the original Dell ROM - no tweaking and hacking yet.

WTF! so as usual, even this time you made calls for 30x3=90 minutes, used gprs for 15x3=45 minutes AND played games, and the phone is still running after 3+ days? Forget the battery indicator, that may be due to calibration, but the fact that the phone is still running is incredible. Are you running 2.1 or 2.2?

Back