ZTE Blade aka DELL XCD 35 aka Orange San Francisco Thread

Alwaysonline said:
sm suggestions plz arnd 15000

Have a look in the mobile phone buying advise section,there are many threads with discussion about phones in this price-range, you can also open your new thread after looking at some options :)

Julian said:
I disagree, music is very satisfactory, even when compared to my SE Zylo walkman phone, and the camera is decent enough. People expecting slr quality from a cellphone :S

I would recommend getting a decent 1ghz phone though, with an armv7+ architecture or maybe even a decent dual core like the atrix etc. but nothing beats the blade this side of 10k, so again, it's a GREAT buy for the money.

+1
Music is decent. Shouldn't be played at full volume, at low volume its soothing.
Camera is good , the thing is people are used to 5MP as it has become a standard these days. Otherwise awesome phone at the price its available.

For 15k budget Motorola Defy is a good buy.
@alwaysonline if you are looking for music and camera, go for SE.

Music is awesome if u get noise isolated earphones like EP 630... i have it and its pleasure to listen music on my ZTE blade...

even equal to my Ipod 3g ;) (i would say better just dont want to start comparison thts y :D)

Camera is good except missing flash...

Defy is good but if comparing in price its double...

whatever it is m fully addicted to my blade...

ramanujpatro said:
For 15k budget Motorola Defy is a good buy

The defy is a good phone, but in the 15k range it makes more sense to go for a 1ghz phone.
sachin_schum said:
Music is awesome if u get noise isolated earphones like EP 630... i have it and its pleasure to listen music on my ZTE blade...

+1

In-ears are a must for a good audio experience on the blade.

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

xtremevicky said:
Ok stable Cm 7.1 or 7.1 Nighty 220 ?

Nightly 224 :p

I know the feeling. But there's a reason they call them nightlies you know. Bottom line is, if something is working fine, then maybe just live with it. We don't HAVE to upgrade to every release.

Just updated to CM 7.1. Can't get S2E to work. Should help in curbing App Installs.

BTW how does one calibrate the Proximity Sensor. It seems really slow and the screen blinks at times.

+1

I will flash nightly today. will be moving from GSF b23.

How to calibrate the proximity sensor ?

I did a search and found two methods *983*0# (but people said it only works with zte dialler). So took a copy of ZTE Emode Helper .apk file on GSF ROM. Will it work if installed on CM 7 ??

Other method is DHD Proximity Calibration app. (People reported non working of this app on Blade)

So someone tell me how to calibrate the Proximity sensor

no need for all that drama. just go to settings, followed by zte blade settings and run the proximity calibration.

and make sure nothing is in proximity to the proximity sensor before calibrating ! ;)

It's a bit late but you guys should be getting atleast a class 4 microsd card. class 2 is just too slow. class 10 is still overpriced.

Ok weird Gmail problem. Mails are no longer pushed to my phone. On previous ROMS I would receive the mail before browser Gmail would. It was super fast. I have all the respective sync options checked.

Any idea?

Back