ZTE Blade aka DELL XCD 35 aka Orange San Francisco Thread

anyone upgraded to Gen3 with Official GB ?

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

updated to official GB with GEN 3 :D damn i like it so much :)

Did anyone upgrade to the latest version Of Android ?? (MANMODROID) :)

qz2i3n.jpg

deathgoddg said:
anyone upgraded to Gen3 with Official GB ?

updated to official GB with GEN 3 :D damn i like it so much :)
WTF! that was fast!

details, links, pics whatever.

rocker123 said:
Did anyone upgrade to the latest version Of Android ?? (MANMODROID) :)

LOFL! Another attempt to discredit our honorable PM!

Method is pretty easy I just did the following :

1. Returned to stock phone partition i.e. Stock Gen2 (md5:85D7B01156C2E713FA927C78D2C39D53).

2. Flashed stock Dell XCD 35 Froyo F/W.

3. Placed the 2.3.5 image.bin file under SD Card > image .

4. Then went to settings > About phone > System updates.

Major changes I noticed over CM7 are :

Faster response as around 320mB RAM is free on CM7 max I could get was 280mB.

WiFi doesnt drop out :) , Cant comment on battery life as of now .

Been using the phone for 2 hrs and am loving it , its much more stable :) i miss a few CM7 settings though but overall i find it a lot better.

Download ROM here : Link.

And it can be rooted without any hassle :)

So it's an official zte update for the dell xcd35?

where did you find the info about all the update and the procedure?

320mb sounds kickass!

Had a small chat with WBAW . Understood the whole process from the modder himself :) . He claims that CM 7.1 Stable has fixed all this with the new kernal and that nightlies still have not updated to the new kernal . If we have users using 7.1 Stable then please tell about your experience though i will be moving to CM 7.1 soon to try out and report for bugs :p as WBAW suggested :p .

Just tried the latest MX video player, and it has a Fast software decoding mode in addition to hardware and software decoding. Now it plays smoothly (with slightly reduced picture quality) videos that earlier would play extremely jerky. 352p rips work fine, and some 480p rips run moderately smoothly. Before anyone says, i know that videos should be recoded in the baseline profile, but this helps when you don't want to.

Serious Trouble guys. I am on 7.1 stable and everything was working fine. All of a sudden my Menu button and the Back button have stopped responding. I tried the latest 227 build and still no dice.

Don't know where to get the stock Dell ROM so can't even send the phone for warranty claim. I am so screwed up at the moment.

Searching on the web showed me couple of posts where people on ZTE blade encountered this problem. Even some other phone models have found these issues but there were some "key-registration" fixes available. Nothing for my XCD35.

Any help is seriously appreciated.

The buttons do not work now. Even in the clockwork recovery, I can't get key stat codes for those two keys.

Thanks for the links guys. I'll try to restore to the stock ROM and then give the phone to the Dell Service Center.

If there's one thing i don't like about the blade, apart from the slow cpu (well, slower than much more expensive phones so that's acceptable), it's the physical buttons. Touch sensitive buttons would add to the cost, and this is a budget phone, but androids with hard buttons are sad.

well the buttons of San Francisco are better ... But you cant deny the fact that under 10k mark its the best phone you can get. Everything in this phone can be customized and the resolution is very good as well. the CPU when clocked to 690-710mhz works good too for me atleast :)

deathgoddg said:
well the buttons of San Francisco are better ... But you cant deny the fact that under 10k mark its the best phone you can get. Everything in this phone can be customized and the resolution is very good as well. the CPU when clocked to 690-710mhz works good too for me atleast :)

better than ... ? the dell xcd 35? or something else? the only phone worth more money than the blade is probably the defy, and then maybe the atrix. rest are all overpriced for their segments. samolalalaled and all withstanding.

pageisgod85 said:
I prefer physical buttons to capacitive ones. The ones on the original Desire were exceptionally good.

One of the most beautiful phones i've used was the garmin-asus a10 and it was the capacitive buttons that really impressed me. the rest of the phone was pretty low specced compared even to the blade, and it had an old 2.1 os. but the gps features were outstanding, truly worthy of the garmin tag. wonder if any regular android will ever have that level of gps performance, both software and hardware.

Back