ZTE Blade aka DELL XCD 35 aka Orange San Francisco Thread

How do i confirm now whether i had used the 160 MB or something smaller ?

Any way to do that ??

Assuming it was NOT 160 MB System TPT then is there an issue while installing the 257 nightly or the stable version ?

in a terminal run df. and check the size of system.

i'm not sure about the base cm7 but there were some reports of some roms/addons having trouble with the 128mb system partitions. if it is smaller than 160, since you're reflashing anyway, might as well tpt to 160, then flash the rom.

Julian said:
in a terminal run df. and check the size of system.

i'm not sure about the base cm7 but there were some reports of some roms/addons having trouble with the 128mb system partitions. if it is smaller than 160, since you're reflashing anyway, might as well tpt to 160, then flash the rom.

The terminal part you mentioned is supposed to be done on phone?? I do not seem to have terminal on my phone so not possible and since i do not have wifi access right now, not possible to download also. (sorry if i sound total noob here :ashamed: )

Any other way to check ? Any app ?

Assuming i have the 128 MB partition then is it absolutely necessary to get a 160MB partition and then flash the ROM ?

If yes then let me know where the 160 MB TPT is available so i can flash it (if needed).

Else i will just try flashing the latest nightly of CM7 using the usual CWM method.

If your pc has adb and the blade drivers installed then just do an adb shell. At the # type df -h.

160mb is highly recommended. CM7 might run no probs at first. But i think the problem is that there are some apps that update into system causing space issues later.

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

Gen1 to Gen2 TPT Upgrade - xda-developers

Julian said:
If your pc has adb and the blade drivers installed then just do an adb shell. At the # type df -h.

160mb is highly recommended. CM7 might run no probs at first. But i think the problem is that there are some apps that update into system causing space issues later.

Is there any way except ADB that i can check if i have the 160 or 128 MB partition ?

Also assuming i have the smaller one, where can i find the TPT to resize the partition or any alternate way to resize the same ?

Julian said:

Ok i shall check these apps when i go home but for now i found the app Quick Info Pro on my phone and as per this, i have 140 MB system storage and currently it has 22.34 MB free which means the current ROM i have is occupying like 118 MB or so.

Do you still think i need to make it 160 MB ?

Moreover since my phone is already on Gen2, aren't running these TPT's any risk ?

Also from what i remember i had flashed the first file (from the XDA link, but originally from modaco only) few months back for the TPT. I am not 100% sure but have just a faint memory.

I had then run something cache2tmp something which redirected the cache to the /tmp directory or something and because of this the quick system info app on my phone shows me the cache as 200+ MB (and not the usual 35+ MB or so).

Hmm, 140 should be fine for now, but you may have issues later. Not very sure about this myself. Since there isn't much risk, why not just flash the 160mb tpt anyway? If you're gonna load cm7, it has a built in cache redirect. Not sure about the other roms, they might need the script to be run.

About xda, since wbaw had some 'issues' on modaco, all his stuff is mainly on xda now. Even i had originally flashed his tpts from modaco.

Ok i do get that i should flash the 160 MB TPT but my main query is that flashing a gen1 to gen2 TPT on a phone which is already on gen2, wont have any risks ?

Btw what issues are people running into buy no using the bigger system partition ? Any specifics or with any specific applications ?

Ok i am reading the XDA thread and it seems the guy who has posted the first reply is in my similar situation. He had run the 140 MB TPT first and now after installing the 160 MB TPT some issues cropped up. Seems it is not a problem if i run the 160 MB TPT. Checking the replies in that thread for answers.

Flashing a gen2 tpt over an existing gen2 installation shouldn't create any (new) problems. How else would you change your partition sizes otherwise? say 128->140->160 for example. It's not really a gen1 to gen2 tpt. It's just a gen2 tpt. doesn't matter what was there first.

I was following the blade cm7 thread and a few pages back there were some posts about problems which were narrowed down to small partition sizes. Can't remember anything specific.

Ok i think the best option for me would be the file "cm7-n257-blade-gen1-to-gen2-tpt.zip"

This should flash the 160 MB partition and also install the CM7 latest nightly also right?

i'm not sure about the system partition size in that tpt, didn't see it mentioned anywhere. Also, not very sure about the nightlies since you mentioned you wanted stability. there's tons of new features added after stable 7.1 with many happy users, but also a fair share of issues. you can always try it for a few days and switch to another rom later though.

OK post #31 says it's 160mb. go for it then.

You'll probably still need to install gapps after this though. just a reminder. off to bed now. let us know how 257 works our for you later eh?

Btw, to everyone here, i no longer have my blade, upgraded to an xperia play. more info here and here if anyone's interested.

I have asked on that xda thread whether it is 160 MB or 215 MB system partition using the 1 step gen1 to gen2 and then CM7 install TPT image. Lets see what reply comes.

In case if i only want to flash the TPT to convert my partition to 160MB, i guess i should use the "Gen1-to-Gen2-TPT-v10-custom.zip" and then i should end up in CWM and it will then let me choose whatever ROM i want to install as per my need.

Julian said:
Wbaw replied in this post that it is 160mb.

Ok then i am good to go. Will go home, list down all apps i need to reinstall, download the 110 MB TPT CM image and flash it and at last hope that my ICICI Bank app works fine after restoring it from Titanium Backup.

Finally installed CM7 nightly and also restored the ICICI from titanium backup and best thing is that it is working. This was of paramount importance :)

raksrules said:
Ok then i am good to go. Will go home, list down all apps i need to reinstall, download the 110 MB TPT CM image and flash it and at last hope that my ICICI Bank app works fine after restoring it from Titanium Backup.

Finally installed CM7 nightly and also restored the ICICI from titanium backup and best thing is that it is working. This was of paramount importance :)

Good to know, do let us know your feedback on this ROM. Am also looking to change mine.

and wow 5k post, what did you do ? :lol: and wow even i have 5.8k posts :p

Back