ZTE Blade aka DELL XCD 35 aka Orange San Francisco Thread

^^ Thanks, but what do we do if we want to change to a different rom ?

I for example am running the JJ Rl9 and will change to FLB r11b !! so what will happen too my mod?

is there a flash mod available which changes the system partition and let us change the cache size?

Tech_enthu said:
^^ Thanks, but what do we do if we want to change to a different rom ?

I for example am running the JJ Rl9 and will change to FLB r11b !! so what will happen too my mod?

is there a flash mod available which changes the system partition and let us change the cache size?

I am guessing that we just need to follow the above mentioned steps again. But i have already asked this same query in wbaw's thread and waiting for answer since i am planning to move to SS as have heard (read) lot about it as it being better

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

Just an FYI...do not change ROM after this Mod flashing as i encountered an issue after flashed SS RLS3. It screwed up the cache size to 2Mb and now downloading apps through market is not working. let me check this and report back.

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

Flibblesan has stopped support to FLB ROM and it only makes sense we change the ROM for good. I have changed my ROM to Swedish Spring and its initial impressions suggest it is good enough. Still need to check a lot of things.

^^ Yeah.. saw that on the market, but was put off by the ratings. Guess there is no other option. Will try it out today.

raksrules said:
I am wanting to try it out but currently using the SS RLS3. If anyone else is using the CM7 then please report your experiences.
Mate, you have been very helpful, but you didnt answer, what happened to the partition error you had and what to do with the partition sizes in SS Rom ....

How did you set your partition sizes right? ( fastboot ) or ??

how much space does SS takes.. ( I know its a 120 MB ROM ) but just confirming.

Tech_enthu said:
Mate, you have been very helpful, but you didnt answer, what happened to the partition error you had and what to do with the partition sizes in SS Rom ....

How did you set your partition sizes right? ( fastboot ) or ??

how much space does SS takes.. ( I know its a 120 MB ROM ) but just confirming.
Oh sorry...missed on that one.

So it went like this.... (Read entire thing before actually doing anything)

1. I was on FLB r11b and has applied the partition mod which made my cache as 2MB but still quick Info showed 42MB since cache was redirected to data partition. The system memory was around 130 MB (it is always about 12-15MB more that what the ROM takes) and data about 335 MB.

2. Now i flashed the SS RLS3 over this ROM and when i again installed quick info it showed me cache as 2MB, system as 120MB (0 Mb free) and data as 335MB. :O

This means something is not right

3. Tried to flash the cache2tmp script from wbaw's thread in hope to correct these but in vain.

4. Use the 3rd zip from wbaw's thread (i suggest download all those 3 zips and keep in your SD card) to re-partition the memory to what it was before (41MB cache, 207 MB system and 208 MB Data). This will reset everything to previous state. Use clockwork.

5. Now i suggest delete all the files from /image directory (the ones created on today's date assuming you do everything today)before proceeding since it can contain old IMG files. If skeptical, just back them up on computer per se.

6. Now again flash the no_cache.zip (1st file) using clockwork and after normal booting check the /image directory. There should be a 00-PART-2-133-321.txt file (something similar). This means everything went fine.

7. Reboot the phone but this time in normal recovery (Holding Volume UP key). You will see a fluorescent green text installing the IMG files. Let this happen.

8. After normal booting, again check in quick info and you should see cache as 42MB, system as 133 MB and Internal storage as 322 MB.

So incase you have not applied the mod at all, do it only after installing the new ROM and if you have applied already and now want to change the ROM then first reset the partition sizes using file3 and then apply new rom and then again mod using file1.

Thankfully I didnt apply th emod before installing the SS Rls3 ROM.. :)

I was waiting for your message, and am not an impatient one so now I will install the SS Rls 3 rom ( all the 3 ones or just the first one !! that is a problem )

Then I will partition again .

raksrules said:
Oh sorry...missed on that one.

So it went like this.... (Read entire thing before actually doing anything)

1. I was on FLB r11b and has applied the partition mod which made my cache as 2MB but still quick Info showed 42MB since cache was redirected to data partition. The system memory was around 130 MB (it is always about 12-15MB more that what the ROM takes) and data about 335 MB.

2. Now i flashed the SS RLS3 over this ROM and when i again installed quick info it showed me cache as 2MB, system as 120MB (0 Mb free) and data as 335MB. :O

This means something is not right

3. Tried to flash the cache2tmp script from wbaw's thread in hope to correct these but in vain.

4. Use the 3rd zip from wbaw's thread (i suggest download all those 3 zips and keep in your SD card) to re-partition the memory to what it was before (41MB cache, 207 MB system and 208 MB Data). This will reset everything to previous state. Use clockwork.

5. Now i suggest delete all the files from /image directory (the ones created on today's date assuming you do everything today)before proceeding since it can contain old IMG files. If skeptical, just back them up on computer per se.

6. Now again flash the no_cache.zip (1st file) using clockwork and after normal booting check the /image directory. There should be a 00-PART-2-133-321.txt file (something similar). This means everything went fine.

7. Reboot the phone but this time in normal recovery (Holding Volume UP key). You will see a fluorescent green text installing the IMG files. Let this happen.

8. After normal booting, again check in quick info and you should see cache as 42MB, system as 133 MB and Internal storage as 322 MB.

So incase you have not applied the mod at all, do it only after installing the new ROM and if you have applied already and now want to change the ROM then first reset the partition sizes using file3 and then apply new rom and then again mod using file1.

Guys,

i have been trying to register myself on the Android@modaco forum.

But, i am getting the below error every time i try.

This webpage is not available

The webpage at Android @ MoDaCo might be temporarily down or it may have moved permanently to a new web address.

Error 324 (net::ERR_EMPTY_RESPONSE): Unknown error.

Any ideas ?

I know you can say that its temporarily down.

But not sure if it can go for so many days.

I got my blade yesterday! :D
i rooted it and debranded...wot next?
how to get froyo on it? nd the phone is feeling a bit slow..
please point me to some beginners guide.
Rock Player lite is not playing xvid files! any solution/alternative for tht?

Aarvee said:
Guys,

i have been trying to register myself on the Android@modaco forum.

But, i am getting the below error every time i try.

This webpage is not available

The webpage at Android @ MoDaCo might be temporarily down or it may have moved permanently to a new web address.

Error 324 (net::ERR_EMPTY_RESPONSE): Unknown error.

Any ideas ?

I know you can say that its temporarily down.

But not sure if it can go for so many days.

I just registered a min ago and everything went through fine.

raksrules said:
Have not tried but you check the Full Screen Caller Id. Ratings are not very impressive but just download the free version and see if it works for you.
Been trying that, and surprisingly, it works absolutely fine for me. I think I might just go for the paid version of the same. Looks great to see your contact pictures occupying the full screen. :)

Yeah, thanks man.

Was able to register it from home.

Even i figured it out. Guess my office was blocking the registration page.:mad:

Generally, it throws out a warning if a certain page is blocked.

But, this time it was throwing a Page cannot be displayed error.

Grrr....

And apologies for the OT guys. Dint know where to post my query.

Did anybody try the Swedish Spring ROM? I am currently using this with juice defender and i couldn't believe when i saw that after 9 hours of being unplugged at night, the battery had lost just 1%. :) Dat was really surprising as all the other ROMs i have used including Jellyfish and FLB lost ~9-10% during the night!!!

And this is the most stable ROM of the lot as its based on the latest European 2.2 Froyo. So, do give it a try :)

^ Cool, I've been on FLB r10 for a while now. Looks like Swedish Spring is the new hot ROM for the Blade. Will try it soon, waiting for my MTNL broadband to be back so that I can download. :(

clown_abhi said:
Did anybody try the Swedish Spring ROM? I am currently using this with juice defender and i couldn't believe when i saw that after 9 hours of being unplugged at night, the battery had lost just 1%. :) Dat was really surprising as all the other ROMs i have used including Jellyfish and FLB lost ~9-10% during the night!!!

And this is the most stable ROM of the lot as its based on the latest European 2.2 Froyo. So, do give it a try :)
Can you check the battery usage and let us know if the CELL STANDBY is high ? Most users including me report it to be too high like 48-49% always which seems bit out of place.

I am myself using SS RLS4b and it is stable.

Btw i guess all ROMs face this issue that when the phone sleeps, wifi turns itself off irrespective of the wifi policy set to NEVER. SS also bugged by this issue. So if i am downloading something from wifi on phone, then i need to keep the screenout time to something like 30 min or so :(

Back