ZTE Blade aka DELL XCD 35 aka Orange San Francisco Thread

Guys using SS, can you tell me if there is a call hold button on the top left corner, while on a call. This was there in JJ and I used to put the call on hold by mistake multiple times everyday whenever I move the phone and the screen turns on, while talking.

This call hold button is nicely hidden on FLB Froyo ROM and only shows up when we press the menu button.

Did anyone try the SD Card reading speed fix from xda forums on their blade ??

I am not sure if it worked for me or not but by default the cache was 128 set on my blade and that is when i ran the SD tools and it gave me read speed of 20 Mbps but when i increased the cache to 4096 i got the read speeds of 80+ Mbps.

But reverting it back to 128 and then testing still gave me 79 Mbps types read speed.

Not sure whether it worked but i find gallery 3d loading pics quiet quickly now.

@raksrules

My Cell Standby is using 49% as well. Is this something weird, coz the battery life is still good!

Wifi is indeed buggy in that it gets dropped sometimes without a reason on this phone (Independent of ROM). But i do not have a problem with Wifi going off, since it was connected for 10hrs last night and when i unlocked, it was still there. However cant say what it was upto late night as i do not have any downloads ongoing on phone :)

I am sure you would have the Blade Fix installed just in case. It helps a lot.

Thanks for the SD card speed fix. Will try that and see if it does make a difference. :)

@arun687

Will try the call waiting thingy tomorrow and update.

^ Search for blade wifi fix in the market. It was very useful, it auto reconnects wifi on waking the phone, but does not maintain wifi connection while sleeping.

arun687 said:
^ Search for blade wifi fix in the market. It was very useful, it auto reconnects wifi on waking the phone, but does not maintain wifi connection while sleeping.
Thanks for this but reconnection of wifi as it is happens fine in the SS ROM. Just that there is nothing which can enabled the connection to remain intact when phone is sleeping.

Ok so I had FLB r11b with Clockwork 3.0.0.1.....wanted to upgrade to SS Release 4b after seeing the +ve comments here :)

No first I wanted to the latest clockwork recovery image of 3.1.x ....so I installed ZTE Recovery manager latest one 0.36b and updated to the latest clockwork recover using the same . Now the problem is I am not able to boot into recovery and it gets stuck in the green android logo. Have to boot up normally after pulling out battery. Pressing vol down button doesn't work also ! Any way to get to recovery mode now as this is weird..I have done this almost 100 no of time and nver had an issue !

Supra said:
Ok so I had FLB r11b with Clockwork 3.0.0.1.....wanted to upgrade to SS Release 4b after seeing the +ve comments here :)

No first I wanted to the latest clockwork recovery image of 3.1.x ....so I installed ZTE Recovery manager latest one 0.36b and updated to the latest clockwork recover using the same . Now the problem is I am not able to boot into recovery and it gets stuck in the green android logo. Have to boot up normally after pulling out battery. Pressing vol down button doesn't work also ! Any way to get to recovery mode now as this is weird..I have done this almost 100 no of time and nver had an issue !
You may try a previous version of clockwork and see if it works. Or may be the recovery manager did not do its work fine. I have 0.34b recover manager and installed the latest 3.1.X clockwork using that and all went along fine.

^^ How to go about fastboot method...is it as safe as the ZTE Recovery manager method ?

Its not corrupt for sure...I always check MD5 before flashing anything. Also tried Recovery manager 0.34b also ! Same problem :(

^^ Its quite a lengthy process and involves installing drivers which I cant do in office :(....any other way to find what the problem is now >

^Possibly again try reinstalling CWM ??

Even if your recovery says "Unrecognized" after installing the CWM, there is no reason to worry.

Btw i am guessing that you can install the SS RLS4b using earlier version of CWM too. Not sure, never tried.

i shifted from flb r11 to SS 4 ... SS is much more smoother than flb..and i used to experience Signal drop on flb...is that happening with you guys also?
Launcher 2 was the best thing on the flb..missing it badly :p

Hey guys, got this phone yesterday and flashed SS today. Also got gprs activated.

The thing is I am not able to access apps like gmail, FB, market etc on gprs.

Am able to browse for the same over wi-fi or though the browser.

Did i do anything wrong in my flashing ?

Please help. :(

I had moved from FLB to SS RL3. It sucked really bad. I was unable to use the homescreen button to do the multitasking, speed was sluggish. I was thinking of going back to FLB. First let me try SS RLS4.

Edit: Well RLS4 remains the same. Sluggish and the email process force close many number of times.

Edit 2: Got the error. Seems the phone doesn't really work well with "restored" data. Need to clear data on each app to run it to the optimal speed. What a drag!!!

sharktale1212 said:
I had moved from FLB to SS RL3. It sucked really bad. I was unable to use the homescreen button to do the multitasking, speed was sluggish. I was thinking of going back to FLB. First let me try SS RLS4.
I see that its much faster than the stock 2.1. I love it.
but currently facing an issue as stated above.:mad:

Back