ZTE Blade aka DELL XCD 35 aka Orange San Francisco Thread

Screenshot applications like shoot me and screenshot are force closing on the GSF B12 ROM. Anyone else facing this issue ?

Sent from my ZTE-BLADE using Tapatalk

raksrules said:
^^It means it is 512 MB only. Dont worry about the loss of 92 MB. It is that way only and you don't need any unlocking.

you mean its there & not showing or is it not there & won't make a difference?

^^It is supposed to show that way only and there is no way to recover that 92 MB. If you have 512MB (as on paper) then you get around 422 MB or so. That is what it shows for me.

Btw modaco seems to be down ?? Is it only me or for everyone ??

Getting the following error

Website Currently Unavailable

The website you are trying to access is currently unavailable. Please try again at a later time.

If you are the site owner, review the following resource to help resolve the issue.

There are many apps that ran fine on 2.2 ROMs but are FCing on this one. Like all screenshot apps and Bytetornado.Not sure why this is happening :S

The network bar and GPRS/EDGE/3G/H connectivity icon are sometimes white and sometimes green. Why so ??

I remember someone mentioning this being GB feature but i forgot what it is.

The network bar and GPRS/EDGE/3G/H connectivity icon are sometimes white and sometimes green. Why so ??

Something to do with syncing with Google, I believe. Not sure. But I'm sure I read about it in this thread..

logistopath said:
Something to do with syncing with Google, I believe. Not sure. But I'm sure I read about it in this thread..
Syncing is Off in my case.

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

Download managers like byte tornado (already mentioned) and Xwind are also Force closing. :mad:

raksrules said:
I remember someone mentioning this being GB feature but i forgot what it is.
It's like this I think, that when you're connected to google services, it's green, if only data is on but not connected to any google service, its grey. I'm on Blue Ginger and it seems it's always grey in this one, so not able to reproduce the same to test it.

Can anyone tell me what type of screen my blade has?Currently running Swedish Spring RLS4b.below is the screen info

LCD information:

Touchscreen information:
touchscreen module
name: synaptics
i2c address: 0x22
IC type 2000 series
firmware TM1541
module synaptics + TPK

^^The screen info on custom ROMs do not reveal enough details to ascertain if it is TFT or OLED. :(

If it was stock, it would have been easy. Btw if you recently purchased a new ZTE blade or Dell XCD35 then you have a TFT only. Mostly blades sold in 2010 has OLED.

One more thing....

In the drop down notification bar, below the operator text, I have 'ongoing' written. No clue what that is :S

Sent from my ZTE-BLADE using Tapatalk

arun687 said:
The latest version Beta 12.
Just the 82mb file or do i need to use the Gen1 to Gen2 All-in-one custom rom upgrade TPT or the Ginger Stir Fry B12 Gen1 to Gen2 Upgrade TPT. The reason I ask is, I remember the CM7 install doing some custom partitioning. Will that affect my upgrade?

^ No that TPT is not necessary. That's only for converting to Gen 2. Now that your phone is Gen 2, all you need to do is download beta 12 and install it via clockwork. CM7 partitioning shouldn't be a problem, whichever one you used, it will fit just fine as the system size for GSF is only 120mb and all TPTs gave minimum 128mb system, some gave 138 or 160 also.

Just install beta 12 from here through clockwork.

hi all,

today got the dell xcd35 with froyo.

the menu style is vertical oriented. is there ne way to make it horizontal scroll??? also this is my first android mobile, and im wondering if we can install android apps offline(lyk symbian's .sis files which can be downloaded to pc and then tranferred to the mobile)

Back