ZTE Blade aka DELL XCD 35 aka Orange San Francisco Thread

OT:

Wow Dell XCD35 is the most viewed and replied thread in mobile section

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

Guys is gen1 still in circulation or is all the xcd35's now are of gen2(512 ram one)

rocker123 said:
was updating App2SD app on my phone today.
The phone instantly rebooted, and since then it cannot detect my mem card.
What could have gone wrong ??
Also, the memory card is fine as it gets detected on my PC.
Any settings goof up or is my mem card slot gone ?
any suggestions

Did u try copying off all the data on ur PC, do u get any corrupted data error?? I was having similar issues after an App install. Later I found out that it was due to corrupt data on SD card. Easiest solution was a FULL FORMAT of SD card from my PC. Do try it.

Anybody RMA'd their XCD35, its been 6 weeks since they told me they'd give me a replacement. Each time I call they tell me that they'd receive the handset after a certain number of days. :(

I thought this phone was supposed to be having a premium advanced exchange from dell. when/how did they change their policy?

adizz said:
Anybody RMA'd their XCD35, its been 6 weeks since they told me they'd give me a replacement. Each time I call they tell me that they'd receive the handset after a certain number of days. :(
Exactly. I am counting my 5th week now. They are telling me that there is no stock of XCD35 available. ****in liars.

adizz said:
Vasishta.Sushant said:
Exactly. I am counting my 5th week now. They are telling me that there is no stock of XCD35 available. ****in liars.

Guys why are u RMAing ...

any issues with the hardware??

Vasishta.Sushant said:

This is typical indian 'service'. I had one bright pixel and sent my OSF back to the UK with the same friend who got it for me, and they replaced the cell in a day, no questions asked.

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

vardhana123 said:
Now, idea is offering ZTE blade for 7992/-. !DEA - An !dea can change your life...

I enquired price of Dell XCD35 in some shops in bangalore. They are selling at 7.5k. Idea phone not locked to idea, but they offer 3 months of 1GB 3G data.

Now, I want to get blade. Which one I should get and why?

As long as it's flashable like the earlier variants, then there's no issue getting this one. Some models of the blade had the bootloader mode locked, which required a bit more of tweaking to access. Not sure if they've restricted this one further.

I am looking at picking one of these too. I had kind of narrowed down on the Idea Cellular offer. Dell does not seem to have stock of these phones anymore - wonder if they are getting the new upgraded version. If so I'd rather wait!

saurabh90 said:
There are much better phones available in the market now for the same price . try GALAXY Y .

A much smaller display with horrible ppi, lower resolution camera, half the RAM, non existent community support which would mean that it will almost surely not get an ICS update.

Why is it 'much better', again?

why are you even bothering to reply . Some fan boys wont ever understand :) . Anyway blade has a horrible battery with 3G :p around 12~14hrs :p with continuous 3G on, but used on market or youtube for 2-3hrs and video of 2hrs~ and music for 40-50mins.

PS: No life is quite a lot when i come to think of the use :p .

I dont understand why people are trolling everywhere suggesting GALAXY Y ... (not just in TE...this is the 6th time im seeing someone suggesting this mobile over O1 and xcd35)

are they getting paid by samsung or what?

Ok another update. Few months ago, the keys stopped working (the back and menu key) and now the phone suddenly is stuck in a boot loop. It just starts, shows the Dell Animation and reboots and keeps repeating.

Don't really understand what to do now. These buggers at Dell Service Center have no idea how long will it take for the replacement to arrive. Dell really sucks.

xtremevicky said:
Galaxy Y over the Blade is makes me :no:

Now people who see my blade over some samsung basic androids are really jealous :D

Same happens with me.... For me competition is wildfire mainly :p

Sent from my Blade using Tapatalk

Back