ZTE Blade aka Orange San Francisco aka Dell XCD35 / 100 GBP / Approx 8.5k in India

Re: ZTE Blade aka Orange San Francisco aka Dell XCD35 / 100 GBP / Approx 8.5k in Indi

varkey said:
^ Congrats. How much did you get it for? From ebay?

Sent from my Orange San Francisco
Ebay, Price: 130GBP. won in auction. Price is bit higher as this is OLED version.

Re: ZTE Blade aka Orange San Francisco aka Dell XCD35 / 100 GBP / Approx 8.5k in Indi

Gaurish said:
Ebay, Price: 130GBP. won in auction. Price is bit higher as this is OLED version.
how did you pay for it ?? did u had paypal wid UK shipping address??

^
You don't need that. In ebay.co.uk, all you have to do is make payment with your Indian Paypal account with your CC and while payment, it lets you specify the address for shipping, there you can specify the Aramex UK address and everything goes fine.

The camera sucks - but that is the least priority to me - I'm happy with what I got for 8.5K :) . The only wish is that it lasts for about 2 years or so without any hardware problems.

m0h1t said:
Just bought a amoled (0B05) one for 120 quid shipped.. Yay!

Thanks so much vivek!

Got mine 2 days back from the friend who brought it along. The display is so awesome.

I'm facing a few bugs though I'm unable to use Wifi and phone is generally a lil sluggish.

Could someone please tell me where I can find stable 2.2 rom? and is the phone any faster on the non-stock roms?

^
The stock Orange rom is slow, I'm still on it. Install a stable 2.1 from Modaco, the 2.2 ones still have a few bugs, most important one being random lock screen freezes. Wifi is an issue here where the phone disconnects from wifi when sleeping. Install Blade wifi fix from the market, it is a workaround to reconnect on wake.

^
You've the OLED one right? You can use Paul's rom or Seb's deorangeated rom for 2.1, both seem to be good and without any issues. Seb's rom is slim, fast and absolutely bare minimal, giving you the option to build on it as you please.

If you wanna try Froyo, the latest releases from Seb and Japanese Jellyfish RLS2 both are fairly good, but the lockscreen problem occurs to some people and its annoying. Better would be to wait for a proper 2.2 Chinese release, which is apparently supposed to happen next week.

Guys.. everything about this phone is great and i am totally loving it

But the Battery Life is totally awful. It doesn't even work for one complete day and i dont even use WIFI or Music or VIdeo or Games...

I have tried both Paul's and Sebastian's deorangeated ROm but found sebastian build better as not much tweaks have been done there. The battery life is bad, but improves after several charge discharge cycles.

Yes, other than the battery life it's a great phone. It lasts a day mostly for me with lot of texting, and GPRS/Wifi usage.

I'm using Paul's Eclair r4, but installed the Sebastian's ROM on my cousins phone and found it a lot better.

the battery life has improved after 3 full charge discharge cycles.
that is what i follow with most lithium-ion batteries.
after that i never do 0-100-0 charging trend.
it has worked well for my past 3-4 devices very well.

please do not keep your fone for charging overnight unnecessarily. it will only worsen the battery life by increasing internal oxidation. (corrosion is maximum at higher voltage)

keep the charge level to 4.1V if max is 4.2V for your lithium ion battery (use battery indicator app to see voltage)
i let the battery go to 20-25% minimum before i charge it. Charging the battery frequently is not necessarily bad incase of lithium ion batteries as these batteries do not exhibit digital memory (this method is bad for nickel based batteries)

try to maintain lower Battery voltage level during summer as heat will further deteriorate the battery life.

bigbyte said:
Shhh... I ordered, received and applied i900 scratchgard for Rs.350/- from ebay just 1 day back and guard for xcd35 is here. Though i900 is good but still it is not the exact fit.
And I feel that scratchgard is best what is available locally in India at this price point. The Rinco and other local stuff, may cost 1/3rd but are waste of money.

Gadzetshieldz was good, but now they are not listing on ebay. Contatced him but no reply so went ahead with Scratchgard

have ordered from Welcome to Scratchgard from ebay, had a good experience last time with my earlier phone, the screens are durable, no noticeable difference in the touch sensitivity.

Bought a White one from eBay for 100 GBP shipped, was a buy it now listing :) :)

madnav said:
the battery life has improved after 3 full charge discharge cycles.

that is what i follow with most lithium-ion batteries.

after that i never do 0-100-0 charging trend.

it has worked well for my past 3-4 devices very well.

please do not keep your fone for charging overnight unnecessarily. it will only worsen the battery life by increasing internal oxidation. (corrosion is maximum at higher voltage)

keep the charge level to 4.1V if max is 4.2V for your lithium ion battery (use battery indicator app to see voltage)

i let the battery go to 20-25% minimum before i charge it. Charging the battery frequently is not necessarily bad incase of lithium ion batteries as these batteries do not exhibit digital memory (this method is bad for nickel based batteries)

try to maintain lower Battery voltage level during summer as heat will further deteriorate the battery life.
Nice Tips let me try these...

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

varkey said:
Bought a White one from eBay for 100 GBP shipped, was a buy it now listing :) :)

Lucky you.. I also got one for 100 quid...

varkey said:
dude i guess all your family and friends have one orange san francisco each now :p

currently am bidding on several ebay listings for grey model including two with OLED screen :eek:hyeah: . if people are interested then i'll try to win the auctions upto the limit when the landing cost comes to 9 - 9.5k max

^ gr8 idea utsav instead of bidding amongst ourselves we can hav one person bid for us on ebay..

Back