ZTE Blade aka Orange San Francisco aka Dell XCD35 / 100 GBP / Approx 8.5k in India

Re: ZTE Blade aka Orange San Francisco aka Dell XCD35 / 100 GBP / Approx 8.5k in Indi

No news of refund. Someone please help me with this doubt. My HDFC CC statement will be generated on 5th and I'm sure I'm not gonna get a refund before that. So the charge will be included in the next month's bill which I've to pay before 25th.

Assuming that the refund comes before 25th, do I still need to make the payment that got generated on the bill even though a refund was issued. In other words, is it necessary that the payment we make for the CC bill needs to be the exact amount that was billed, even though there maybe refunds to those charged transactions, to make sure no interest is charged.

I'm aware that we can make whatever payment we want, but I want to be sure no interest will be charged on it.

Example -

8k charged by prepaymania
10k spent by me for the month

total bill generated on 5th Jan= 18k (due date 25th)

I get 8k refund from prepaymania (say before 20th Jan)

I pay the remaining amount ie 10k before 25th Jan.

Is this ok? Or do I need to pay full 18k this month and sort out the differences in the next month's cycle, to avoid interest charged?

Re: ZTE Blade aka Orange San Francisco aka Dell XCD35 / 100 GBP / Approx 8.5k in Indi

Pickup Date: 12/31/2010 2:51:00 PM
Current Status: Shipment Record Created - Full Record
Shipment History Location Date Activity
Colnbrook,United Kingdom 01/02/2011 03:47 PM Shipment Record Created - Full Record
Colnbrook,United Kingdom 03:47 PM Shipment Forwarded to - Dubai Express Hub,United Arab Emirates
Shipper
SL3 0NS, Slough, United Kingdom
Receiver
Haryana, Gurgaon, India

Shipment Details
Origin: United Kingdom / Slough Destination: India/ Gurgaon
Service: Shipment Type: Shop and Ship Parcel
Pieces: 1 Description: Mobile/Cell Phone
Weight: 0.30 KG

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

arun687 said:

Is this ok?

To the best of my knowledge, this is OK.

@arun: The rule is simple, if the amount is billed and not refunded, pay the full amount of your bill. The refund will be reflected in the next bill. If you partially pay then you will charged interest. This is because from the bill generation date a new cycle begins, all the transactions will be billed in the next cycle. At the end if you are billed you have to pay, refund or no refund.

Edit: My shipment has also been recorded and is off to Dubai..YAY..!:clap:

setuniket said:
@arun: The rule is simple, if the amount is billed and not refunded, pay the full amount of your bill. The refund will be reflected in the next bill. If you partially pay then you will charged interest. This is because from the bill generation date a new cycle begins, all the transactions will be billed in the next cycle. At the end if you are billed you have to pay, refund or no refund.

Did you order from play.com? Anyone else who ordered from play.com and who's orders have gone through?

In that case, suppose the refund comes in the next cycle and you dont make any transcations then, how do you get the refund? cheque?

setuniket said:

I also thought the same thing. Didn't wanna take a risk with CCs, the interest rate is a killer.

hunt3r said:
In that case, suppose the refund comes in the next cycle and you dont make any transcations then, how do you get the refund? cheque?
I guess you'll have to make transactions anyway. :p

hunt3r said:
Did you order from play.com? Anyone else who ordered from play.com and who's orders have gone through?

I picked from ebay(a very different phone though), those who have orders cleared from play.com have updated here, almost everyone has been rejected.

I am not sure about how the card company will refund you the money, mail them they will give you the details.

setuniket said:
I picked from ebay(a very different phone though), those who have orders cleared from play.com have updated here, almost everyone has been rejected.

I am not sure about how the card company will refund you the money, mail them they will give you the details.

Only mgdelhi's seems to have gone through i think. Prepaymania has an ebay listing but still listed as away. I think they're back tomorrow, Jan 3rd

^ And lubu! :) Tomorrow is also a holiday in UK, substitute holiday for New Years Day. :p

If Play.com is able to charge your card, then the order will go through I guess. Most of them who tried got card declined errors.

I am gonna one of these up as soon as I go back!

@arun687 you may want to clear off your personal expenses amount first(a little earlier), and then wait for a while (lets say till 18th jan) and see if the prepay mania refund comes through, if it doesnt pay the rest of the amount as well, or if it does then great :)

@huntr you can claim a refund from the bank, cash or cheque, never done that but that option is open as far as i know .. n i think if you have savings account with the same bank, you can transfer the refund amount from your cc to savings account.

arun687 said:
No news of refund. Someone please help me with this doubt. My HDFC CC statement will be generated on 5th and I'm sure I'm not gonna get a refund before that. So the charge will be included in the next month's bill which I've to pay before 25th.

Assuming that the refund comes before 25th, do I still need to make the payment that got generated on the bill even though a refund was issued. In other words, is it necessary that the payment we make for the CC bill needs to be the exact amount that was billed, even though there maybe refunds to those charged transactions, to make sure no interest is charged.

I'm aware that we can make whatever payment we want, but I want to be sure no interest will be charged on it.

Example -

8k charged by prepaymania

10k spent by me for the month

total bill generated on 5th Jan= 18k (due date 25th)

I get 8k refund from prepaymania (say before 20th Jan)

Is this ok? Or do I need to pay full 18k this month and sort out the differences in the next month's cycle, to avoid interest charged?
Call your bank. Dispute the transaction. say that merchant never shipped the goods, so you want to file for a ChargeBack.

Gaurish said:
Call your bank. Dispute the transaction. say that merchant never shipped the goods, so you want to file for a ChargeBack.
are these chargebacks easy? disputing transactions wouldn't hit your cc score/rating? wouldn't bank put you in thier watch list and then might reduce your cc limit?

My shipment has reached Dubai Express Hub,United Arab Emirates as of 01/03/2011 04:51 AM...:clap:

My shipment has also reached Dubai Express Hub,United Arab Emirates as of 01/03/2011 04:51 AM. :)

saurabhnarula said:
are these chargebacks easy? disputing transactions wouldn't hit your cc score/rating? wouldn't bank put you in thier watch list and then might reduce your cc limit?
No, I don't think so. cc score/rating is effected only when you default your CC bill. Chargeback is different, its legitimate too. it seems that you don't fully understand, so here is the primer. reading this might help:

A Simple Guide to Understanding Credit Card Chargebacks

Gaurish said:
No, I don't think so. cc score/rating is effected only when you default your CC bill. Chargeback is different, its legitimate too. it seems that you don't fully understand, so here is the primer. reading this might help:

A Simple Guide to Understanding Credit Card Chargebacks
actually yes, didn't get the idea first, but if its legitimate then i guess taking up the issue with the bank might help, but again it might take time for the bank to investigate the issue, but I am stil trying to understand what will happen if the transaction is fraud! then in this case bank stands to loose, in a nutshell if this is the case then the chargebacks are kind of protection mechanism for the buyers from fraudulent transactions, which in my view is fantastic! guess i am going a little off topic here! :p

Edit: and how effective this would be in case of international transactions? wouldnt the resolution process be more tricky if the seller is outside your country?

My Phone has reached Delhi

Btw, does amarex call you or I might find deliverymen on my footstep, suddenly?

saurabhnarula said:
actually yes, didn't get the idea first, but if its legitimate then i guess taking up the issue with the bank might help, but again it might take time for the bank to investigate the issue, but I am stil trying to understand what will happen if the transaction is fraud! then in this case bank stands to loose, in a nutshell if this is the case then the chargebacks are kind of protection mechanism for the buyers from fraudulent transactions, which in my view is fantastic! guess i am going a little off topic here! :p

Edit: and how effective this would be in case of international transactions? wouldnt the resolution process be more tricky if the seller is outside your country?
1) even for fraud transactions, credit card holder have indemnity.

2) International or domestic should not matter, as VISA & MasterCard are present in India as well as aboad. Further, the bank themselves are intermediary. Its VISA or MasterCard that take up the issue with merchant's payment processor.

^ But in this case their site clearly states that the refund may take upto 30 days. So only if they don't refund you within 30 days, we actually have the right for a chargeback.

How long does it take for you to refund my card?

Please note: Refunds. Goods are refunded within 30 days of cancellation

You will receive a refund confirmation email when this has been done.

d@rK nEmEsIs said:
Okay I am finally getting it. I was thinking of getting from here.

SAN FRANCISCO ANDROID WHITE MOBILE PHONE ON ORANGE PAYG

Or are there any better deals available.

Can a Aramex S&S account be used to ship to a address other than with which it was registered.I was thinking of using my friend's account.
Where are u varkey :(

Help me out

Back