ZTE Blade aka Orange San Francisco aka Dell XCD35 / 100 GBP / Approx 8.5k in India

Re: ZTE Blade aka Orange San Francisco aka Dell XCD35 / 100 GBP / Approx 8.5k in Indi

sharktale1212 said:
Yep understand that. But you get to really pissed off when you know the actual rates (being a bank employee I am party to better rates :) )
isn't exchange rate public already? or you talking about some other exchange rate?

Re: ZTE Blade aka Orange San Francisco aka Dell XCD35 / 100 GBP / Approx 8.5k in Indi

Gaurish said:
isn't exchange rate public already? or you talking about some other exchange rate?
Thanks for sharing the site. Paypal charges a bit high: https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_display-fees-outside 3% surchage Heck, I care got the phone at decent price after prying on GBP 130+ phones

Anyways, got the phone at a good price that is all it matters. :)

My white phone is not mine anymore. Gone to my wife. :D

I am again all in get another one preferably grey.

Anybody willing to sell his phone (even at a premium) or a group offer, please consider me.

Thanks.

sharktale1212 said:
Thanks for sharing the site. Paypal charges a bit high: https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_display-fees-outside 3% surchage Heck, I care got the phone at decent price after prying on GBP 130+ phones

Paypal exchange rate is comparatively less. For bank's rate add 3.5% plus 10.3% Service Tax to the rate you see on the Visa site to know the final amount (ie 3.86% effectively :O)

When I bought the phone for my friend few days back, Paypals final rate for 100 GBP came to Rs 7135 whereas if I had let Visa to do the currency conversion it would have come to Rs 7235. :p

Yes, my citibank credit card was charged for Rs.7233.26 for 99 GBP.

guys!

my friend wants to get google nexus s using my aramex ship and shop address from US can somebody tell me about the customs? would customs be the same 1.3% in case of nexus S as well? any constraints of getting it from US? shipping charges etc?

saurabhnarula said:
guys!

my friend wants to get google nexus s using my aramex ship and shop address from US can somebody tell me about the customs? would customs be the same 1.3% in case of nexus S as well? any constraints of getting it from US? shipping charges etc?
Yes duty will be same..In case u can get a lower value invoice that will help you with duty charges,,,

Only constraint getting from US is aramex takes almost 10-15 days for delivering the consignment..

universal said:
how much time does Royal Mail takes to deliver product in India ?? My phone posted on 28/12 and left UK on 31/12....still IPS tracking shows following message

Local Date and Time ---- Country ---- Location ---- Event Type ---- Extra Information

12/31/2010 12:45:00 PM ---- UNITED KINGDOM ---- LANGLEY HWDC ---- Send item abroad (EDI-received)
It comes within a week usually.how much did shipping cost??

^ does orange store accept indian credit cards?

d@rK nEmEsIs said:
It comes within a week usually.how much did shipping cost??
shipping cost is around 11-12 pounds

once the packet is delivered to india , does Royal mail tracking works with IPS ?

any one plz provide me contact details of Mumbai Foreign Post Office.

^ Status will be updated on IPS only till the item reaches India, but you should be receiving it after 3-4 days mostly.

One item of mine which was sent through Registered Post from Hong Kong reached India on Jan 4th according to IPS and was delivered at Cochin on 7th. :) :)

Btw any particular reason for going for Royal Mail rather than Aramex?

varkey said:
^ Status will be updated on IPS only till the item reaches India, but you should be receiving it after 3-4 days mostly.

One item of mine which was sent through Registered Post from Hong Kong reached India on Jan 4th according to IPS and was delivered at Cochin on 7th. :) :)

Btw any particular reason for going for Royal Mail rather than Aramex?
same question i m asking to myself :|

Paypal charges are lower than CC bank charges. Plus in case of a refund, you get full amount as refund with paypal. In case of CC transaction, bank charges are not refunded.

mgdelhi said:
Guys, Is 119GBP for a used is fair price ??? Tell me fast just 10 min left.
I thought the price was fair. If this guy had mentioned anything of being OLED publicly the price wud have gone through the roof. Normal price 99 bucks . 20 bucks more for a rare piece was fair enough, I thought.

So did you buy it?

@guys mentioning paypal charges

Paypal charges are better (if not comparable) to bank charges.

But, : a. working for a bank in some capacity ( which I do on the tech side), you can be party to better rates. So not applicable to all.

b. Last year bought a Meizu M6 player from HK but was held up at customs. Though got the refund, there was marked change in refund amount. The reason given by Paypal was each fx transaction's buy-sell price difference. I am not sure of the policy now. And hopefully it doesnt come to that.

i got a refund from a Ebay seller via paypal and got the exchange fees also refunded.. ;)

Back