ZTE Blade aka Orange San Francisco aka Dell XCD35 / 100 GBP / Approx 8.5k in India

Re: ZTE Blade aka Orange San Francisco aka Dell XCD35 / 100 GBP / Approx 8.5k in Indi

Got a colleague in UK to buy me 3 phones from Orange store :p

A Question. If I get 3 at a time, will i get the same 1% duty or attract more?

Re: ZTE Blade aka Orange San Francisco aka Dell XCD35 / 100 GBP / Approx 8.5k in Indi

i got a refund from focalprice through paypal and got the complete money back

till the last paisa (had paid through paypal)

their were no charges levied by paypal

money went back to my credit card

SunnyBoi said:

That should be fine. I got two phones together and the total duty came to only Rs 240 inclusive of their handling charges.

Sent from my ZTE-BLADE using Tapatalk

SunnyBoi said:

Congrats man. Hopefully with new pieces in orange store Ebay prices will drop. :)

guys i won an auction but the seller refused to ship and cancelled it my bad luck it was a white piece and the bid 99 pounds its relisted

cravikum said:
guys i won an auction but the seller refused to ship and cancelled it my bad luck it was a white piece and the bid 99 pounds its relisted
who is the seller? Please post or PM the link.

just saw this update on aramex:

Shipment History
Location Date Activity

Colnbrook,United Kingdom 01/08/2011 04:11 PM Shipment Record Created - Full Record

Colnbrook,United Kingdom 04:11 PM Shipment Forwarded to - Bombay,India

Yes. Good price. I was also about to bid on it. At last moment, dropped the idea.

guys, just wrote this email to my friend, explaining him the process, please let me know if anythins wrong there -

in a nutshell - you make a purchase from an online website, specify the NY address, the seller ships it to that address, aramex sends you an email that they have new item in your mail box, they ship it to your address. done!

But lets read between the lines -

payment - we have to be sure that the seller accepts paypal/google checkout payments, if not do they accept credit card payments, if yes, do they accept non US/UK i.e indian credit cards, this should not be a problem if you have google checkout/paypal account.

shipping address - shipping address has to be correct, specially the name - it should be Name / Code (BLR XX), the code would in the name field and should not be mentioned anywhere in the address, coz then seller might cancel the transaction saying unknown address.

tracking - you can do tracking in shipandshop online website, once you have the item in mail box, aramex will provide tracking on the shipment.

shipping charges and customs - luckily both would be taken care by aramex, they will provide you with all the receipts, so nothings illegal.
Now lets look at the process again in detail -

1. make a payment in USD, using google checkout/paypal, but before that confirm all the details about the item and if they accept the particular payment method that you would use, generally all the US online website ship to any part of the US, but you can still confirm with them.

2. once the shipment reaches the aramex mailbox(in NY), you are 70 percent through :) as from there its aramex's headache and you have to sit and just wait for shipment, once it reaches bangalore recieve it and pay the amount and done :)

on the whole, caveats - "payment part"

sorry about the long post :(

Edit: this is about the process of getting stuff from US (my friends planning to get nexus S)

^^ I got a white one mentioned somewhere in this thread. The seller was cordial and has shipped it to my Aramex address thru next day Royal Mail special delivery. We cant be sure what happened in your case. Shipping to India failed or to the Aramex address??

@lavans4u you can ask your friend to get it from orange store. btw is the GO still on????

cravikum said:
cool buy its 112 pounds at prepaymania but has the buyer agreed to ship to you..
I have mailed the seller about shipping t my aramex address and payment via paypal. Waiting for the seller's response before making a payment. I believe now anything under 110 quid is fair on ebay as Orange aint accepting Indian CC and prepaymaina and play.com having some issues too.

Also got a counter offer on another white one BNIB for 125 quid. I declined it obviously.

sharktale1212 said:
^^ I got a white one mentioned somewhere in this thread. The seller was cordial and has shipped it to my Aramex address thru next day Royal Mail special delivery. We cant be sure what happened in your case. Shipping to India failed or to the Aramex address??
well the seller says it will cost him 18 pounds to ship to india and he had provided free shipping to uk in his listing thats why he has rejected my bid.

Back