ZTE Blade aka Orange San Francisco aka Dell XCD35 / 100 GBP / Approx 8.5k in India

Re: ZTE Blade aka Orange San Francisco aka Dell XCD35 / 100 GBP / Approx 8.5k in Indi

d@rK nEmEsIs said:
He meant the body of the phone.
Oh ok my bad. :)

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

My order was shipped by the seller using the Royal Mail Next day special delivery. Awaiting either Royal Mail or Aramex to update the status. :D

Aramex to India transit delivery time is arnd 2 days I guess?

Re: ZTE Blade aka Orange San Francisco aka Dell XCD35 / 100 GBP / Approx 8.5k in Indi

varkey said:
Even if you have someone in the UK to buy it and forward it to Aramex, Orange Store is selling it for 110 GBP, and it will cost the person about 4-5 GBP to forward it to Aramex by Royal Mail.
And you would need to pay him as well right? By PayPal, you'd have to send about 120 GBP so that he receives the 115 GBP after PayPal fees.
Correct.. So 120GBP by paypal including paypal fees will be little shy of 9k mark. Add Aramex shipping charges plus Custom duty plus account opening fees to it. This total can range from 1k to 1.5k depending on your shipping weight and how much you are charged for customs.
So price of 10k offered by lavans4u is not bad at all for those who want try their hand on this phone.

i received the refund from prepay mania.

i had paid via google checkout using CC..

:)

Bank had credited account with Foreign Currency CONVERSION MARKUP FEE REVERSAL along with service tax and education cess reversal :)

which means that i did not lose cash unnecessarily on foreign conversions due to cancellations ... saved me 1000bucks :)

GBP rate has fallen in the mean time but still feels better to not having wasted on X change

^
Oh that's great news. So the loss is nil. I hope this practice is not bank specific and all banks follow this.

BTW, I'm still waiting for any update on the refund. :(

madnav said:
not worth it for a 4month old
Yep, like I said. I'm trying to coaxe a friend to get one from Argos for me. Fingers crossed :D

What is the logic of the sellers on ebay putting a new phone for 13-140 or even 160GBP. They ship only to UK. UK residents can get it for 100-110 GBP in all corners of UK, else, play.com, prepaymania.co.uk, orange.com directly ship it anywhere in UK for 100-110 GBP.

What is the sellers logic? If I am in UK why would I buy a mobile from ebay sellers even at 120GBP ?

mgdelhi said:
What is the logic of the sellers on ebay putting a new phone for 13-140 or even 160GBP. They ship only to UK. UK residents can get it for 100-110 GBP in all corners of UK, else, play.com, prepaymania.co.uk, orange.com directly ship it anywhere in UK for 100-110 GBP.

What is the sellers logic? If I am in UK why would I buy a mobile from ebay sellers even at 120GBP ?
Logic is:

1. People from outside UK getting it for themselves.

2. Theres always a bakra around who may not realize that its available locally for less.

mgdelhi said:

It might be due to shortage of pieces. Until recently Orange stores were out of stock so these sellers might be making money. Some of them also selling specific OLED pieces for the specific OLED fans.

Just checked, Royal mail special delivery has my product delivered to Aramex's Slough Address. Recieved by Satnam :clap:

So far so good, now lets see when Aramex updates and ships it. :)

sharktale1212 said:
It might be due to shortage of pieces. Until recently Orange stores were out of stock so these sellers might be making money. Some of them also selling specific OLED pieces for the specific OLED fans.

The situation has nit changed even now. When my friend bought my phones from the orange store, he had to pay extra to get them. 119 per phone :(

He also had to bear lots of horrible racism. Store guys told him they wont sell to Indians, Indians will sell them again in grey market, Indians Had to pay extra and more crap.
Sent from my Nexus One using Tapatalk

mgdelhi said:

eBay Final Value fee will come to 4-5 GBP and PayPal fee is about 3.9% + 0.2 GBP plus there is eBay listing fee as well. And if its an auction the final value fee is 10%!!

So if a person sells an item for 125 GBP on eBay he will only get 125 - 5 (eBay Final Value Fee plus listing fee) - 5 (Paypal fee) - 4 (Postage Fee) = 111 GBP in his hand, which explains the pricing. So people selling it at 100 or even 110 are selling it at a loss imo. But people selling at 160 etc is just ripping people off! :p

sharktale1212 said:
Just checked, Royal mail special delivery has my product delivered to Aramex's Slough Address. Recieved by Satnam :clap:

So far so good, now lets see when Aramex updates and ships it. :)
Mine too was delivered today at 10:07 AM GMT and got the mail from Aramex at 11:05 GMT (4.35 PM IST) :) Package weight 0.46 kg! :p

varkey said:
Mine too was delivered today at 10:07 AM GMT and got the mail from Aramex at 11:05 GMT (4.35 PM IST) :) Package weight 0.46 kg! :p
Recieved by this same Satnam guy? Mine was delivered at 9.30 AM GMT...no mail from Aramex till now. Hmm..

BTW, your 25th silver jubilee phone ?? :)

^ Yes the same guy! :p This is the only time I got the notification so fast. Usually the mail comes by 5-6 PM IST. So you should be receiving the mail shortly. :)

I am all confused... so what's the cheapest source? I will ask my cousin to pick it up from store if that's any cheaper..

trigger said:
I am all confused... so what's the cheapest source? I will ask my cousin to pick it up from store if that's any cheaper..
Cheapest is to get from an Argos store which has stocks.

Back