ZTE Blade aka Orange San Francisco aka Dell XCD35 / 100 GBP / Approx 8.5k in India

Re: ZTE Blade aka Orange San Francisco aka Dell XCD35 / 100 GBP / Approx 8.5k in Indi

^ Well thats a relief. I have been reading some back posts and it seems people are getting their packages in 3/4 days. That caused the panic to see if something was wrong. I have already raised a ticket to them. Handling person - Anuradha Iyer.Lets see what she has to say.

Re: ZTE Blade aka Orange San Francisco aka Dell XCD35 / 100 GBP / Approx 8.5k in Indi

^ Depends on your luck actually. Some packages are shipped the same day that its received. Some the next day and others even on the 2nd day! :p

You can contact Anuradha directly by mail too - Anuradha.Iyer @ shopandship.com

^ Actually have been reading up on that. Seems Aramex uses a price saving formula to calculate what ships today and so on.
Back in 2009, they had flights from NY twice a week. So, if your package misses the first cut, you can certainly expect a delay.

Whats the cheapest source to get orange SF(TFT version) now ?

Argos stores show 89 GBP but no home delivery , and all the stores near Aramex address are out of stock :(

Ebay.co.uk - prepaymania pricing is 112 GBP , quite high compared to Argos .

mine was shipped on 7th and it reached Delhi on 8th but its still lying at their office, i called them several times and now they are saying that shipment is on hold for the collection of customs and freight charges :mad: . i had to shout at them that how can the charges be collected unless the delivery is made and they assured to deliver tommorow. :S

roxysmile said:
Whats the cheapest source to get orange SF(TFT version) now ?

Argos stores show 89 GBP but no home delivery , and all the stores near Aramex address are out of stock :(

Ebay.co.uk - prepaymania pricing is 112 GBP , quite high compared to Argos .
Argos is 89+10 topup = 99

+ you need to have someone go and buy from store.

^^ Shot an email to Anuradha.Iyer @ shopandship.com.

My shipment was also unnecessarily delayed - an email sorted out the problem including a special delivery on a holiday (25th Dec) evening :) . They also forgot to collect Customs in the way.

^ Forgetting custom duty and shipping charges seems to be a norm. :) You have to wonder how this bumbling company is being run.

Finally got my confusion cleared from the Shop N Ship Lady. She assured it will be shipped today. So fingers crossed.

Edit: I have been looking into other Mail forwarding services like Aramex. It seems many are active in UAE but no presence in India.

I'm satisfied with Aramex - their charges are pretty reasonable when they remember to collect it :) .

so guys finally i received my precious in my hands. and guess what i found after typing *983*24474636#.

LCD Information:
IC: TL2796
Glass: Samsung
:bleh::bleh:

yeah u guessed it right. It's a OLED one :clap::clap::clap:
YouTube - MVI 2116
Here r some pictures & video of it.

i m just loving it and getting hold of Android as i don't have any prior experience.

It costed me
103 quid = Rs. 7400
Aramex charges = Rs. 510
Aramex shop and ship subscription fees = Rs. 250

Total Cost = Rs. 8160

cheers

ps: one noob question..is it ok if i charge it with a blackberry 8520 charger as i don't have UK like sockets ??

^
Congrats. :) You can use the stock charger with surge protectors as they fit in them just fine. You can also use any other charger as well, as long as it's USB.

@nikhilpoddar

Should be fine. You can also charge through PC using the USB cable. You can also get one of those adapter plugs for 30-35 rs from local electrical store.

nikhilpoddar said:
yeah u guessed it right. It's a OLED one :clap::clap::clap:

Where did you order it from? I will also try my luck :)

nikhilpoddar said:
so guys finally i received my precious in my hands. and guess what i found after typing *983*24474636#.

LCD Information:

IC: TL2796

Glass: Samsung

Congrats buddy! :)

@trigger - eBay. The seller had 4 phones which he bought some 4 months back, I bought one from the same seller as well. Its on the way :D

@trigger, OLED ones will be a minimum of 2mths old. Couple it with the fact that you need to be type a code to actually distinguish says it all. Still you can look for ebay entries for minimum 2mths old phones.

Edit: No disrespect meant to OLED owners. :)

One more Q people: I don't have Aramex S&S account. Is it possible to update the address after opening the account? can this account be shared with friends?

6 Mobiles are ready to be purchased from uk as per the GO.

If anyone desprte to get one let me know.

I can arrange it for u.

:)

trigger said:
One more Q people: I don't have Aramex S&S account. Is it possible to update the address after opening the account? can this account be shared with friends?
Address can be updated. Not sure how much they verify on updating address.

^ But the city, state etc cannot be updated yourself as the options are disabled. You would need to send them a request.

Back