ZTE Blade aka Orange San Francisco aka Dell XCD35 / 100 GBP / Approx 8.5k in India

Re: ZTE Blade aka Orange San Francisco aka Dell XCD35 / 100 GBP / Approx 8.5k in Indi

^ Thanks Saurabh. BTW what accessories have you bought for the phone till now? Are there any cases available for the device? Also what capacity of microsd card are you using?

Re: ZTE Blade aka Orange San Francisco aka Dell XCD35 / 100 GBP / Approx 8.5k in Indi

^ i have only purchased the scratch guard for now, might not take a case for it as it would just spoil the feel of the phone (the phone is quite slim which i didnt expect) and would make it feel bulky and thick if i would put some skin etc on it. no plans for increasing the memory either, will survive with the provided 2gb card.

^ What class of microsd card was provided with the phone? I am thinking of getting a 16gb microsd card but apparently only class 2 is available on ebay. I am not sure if that is very slow or is the default class. Did you buy the scratch guard locally or from scratchgard.in?

BTW wishing you a very happy new year!!! And all members here...

class 4 or higher is recommended for installing apps to the sd card ZTE Blade - MoDaCo

i bought the scratch gaurd from ebay eBay India: ScratchGard for Dell XCD 35 (item 360331995501 end time 28-Jan-2011 14:27:05 IST)

wish you a very happy new year too!

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

@varkey you might want to include the link to the wiki at modaco ZTE Blade - MoDaCo in your main post.

contains some really helpful info and detail spec etc.

^ Thank again for the info and the links..

bw, those who dont know

A Class 2 means a card with a speed of 2 MB/s or higher is guaranteed at the best fragmented state where no memory unit is occupied.

A Class 4 means a card with a speed of 4 MB/s or higher is guaranteed at the best fragmented state where no memory unit is occupied.

A Class 6 means a card with a speed of 6 MB/s or higher is guaranteed at the best fragmented state where no memory unit is occupied.

source - MicroSD Card classes - what we need to know - Android Forums

How if anyone can start GO for Orange San Francisco ? :)

^ The main issue is the availability. You would need someone in the UK to organise a GO. :p

saurabhnarula said:
@varkey you might want to include the link to the wiki at modaco ZTE Blade - MoDaCo in your main post.

contains some really helpful info and detail spec etc.

Sure will add that! :)

^ varkey could help you get one. As far as a GO is concerned its difficult we have issues like sites not willing to sell more than 2 units to a person.

utsav said:
can you post some pics of white model?? need to make a buying decision quick :)
The white is bit Glossy finish and looks high class but grey/black is Matt/rubber finish so doesn't look that classy.
But White is LCD for sure and Grey may be an OLED or may be not..

Am i getting you confused?

bought the white one with varkey's help. Hopefully it'll be here by coming 13th :p

Still on look out for the oled version :lol:

Got a 8gb class 4 microsd card (for rs 577 incl shipping) and the xcd35 scratch guard (Rs 260 incl shipping) from ebay. All I need now is the bloody phone. The wait is becoming very excruciating...

^ What is your package status now? Still shown as 'In Account'? :p

Yeah. Still shows "In Account"...I'll ring them up by tomorrow evening in case the status does not change..

piyush7243 said:
The white is bit Glossy finish and looks high class but grey/black is Matt/rubber finish so doesn't look that classy.
But White is LCD for sure and Grey may be an OLED or may be not..

Am i getting you confused?

i hav'nt seen any real pics of the white one . and the images i saw on play.com and other sites made me feel that white one looks cheap and feels plasticky. i have read each and every post of this thread and hav done extensive research on the internet about this phone , now am confused where to buy from , play.com or ebay ... ebay ones are too overpriced though :S

what about the paint quality of the white one ? will it chip off easily or is it of good quality ?

lubu said:
Yeah. Still shows "In Account"...I'll ring them up by tomorrow evening in case the status does not change..
Its 'In account' for me as well. Today is Sunday, they should ship by tomorrow I guess.

@madnav and other waiting for refund,, Any news at all guys? regarding the refund process?

no news of the refund from prepaymania

I too booked one at prepaidmania on the 20th. My card got charged. I got the pdf invoice too by logging in to prepaidmania.

Status since then is "Charged Google". They don't even respond to Queries iv sent from google checkout. Their website too have changed a bit since then (members area)

Any one who ordered around that time????

Most of the UK and US shops and offices are closed till 3rd Jan for Christmas holiday. I think the shipment delay is due this.

Back