English TV series discussion

Paradox gets boring after 2-3 eps.. I deleted its finale without watching.. (And yes I enjoyed Flash Forward little more than others here ;) )

Another Pilot - Unnatural History : Decent Pilot - But might get boring pretty soon coz it seems like the plot is episode based..

Currently hooked on Rules of Engagement : Finished 2nd season marathon in 2 days :p

A good recommendation :- Survivors (BBC)

omg Breaking Bad season 3 is its best yet. The last two episodes pretty much put it ahead of even Dexter s4 in terms of badassery.
I almost fell off the chair when Walt shot that dealer in the head.

Nixy said:
I couldnt watch the 1st episode itself...is it interesting later ?

Character development is slow , it pans out like a novel . In fact , this has been asked so many times it has been included in the imdb FAQ :

I just started watching the show. I'm three episodes in, but it seems kind of slow. Does it get any better?

This is in the FAQ because it shows up on the message boards all the time.

Simple answer, yes. Not because the first three episodes are bad (they are excellent), and not because the show gets "better", but because you have to become a more patient viewer. Each season is written like a novel and each episode is like a chapter in that novel. As with the beginning of a novel, the first third or so of a season serves mainly to introduce the characters and the story. So of course the first episodes is not going to have very much in the way of major plot developments. That is just the way that long-form storytelling works(at least around 95% of the time).

Also, this show never panders to the casual viewer with gimmicky shots or unrealistic plot twists. Violence is never glorified, nor is it ignored. It simply is.

Finally, one of the complaints from new viewers is that it seems to lack in character development. In no case is this true - you will come to know everyone. The main character, however, will remain a mystery for a little while....

dipen01 said:
A good recommendation :- Survivors (BBC)
Yup really good series...2 seasons of 6 epi's so far....really looking forward to its 3rd season.

Breaking Bad season 3 was really nice...end was awesome !!!

and True blood is fairing up well enough atleast they don't let the story stagnate

Spartacus turned out to be decent . although they focus too much on the cgi and sex (not that I mind....) . Stanley Kubrick wouldn't have approved :p

hi guys...i am new to this thread...have a huge collection and have watched a lot of these...I really liked "The Wire"..season 1 was awesome...season 2 couldn't keep me hooked :)...am watching "Two and a half men" these days...nice comedy series...give me some recommendations for downloading next...

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

My Watched list :

1) Friends (all seasons)

2) HIMYM (Till date)

3) House M.D. (Till date)

4) Lost (all seasons...was difficult towards the end..)

5) Psych (great comedy series)

6) Smallville (till date)

7) The Wire (Season 1)

8) Avatar (animated series)

9) Sienfield (all seasons)

10) Prison Break

11) Two & a half Men (Season 2 currently..)

pisen said:
Yup really good series...2 seasons of 6 epi's so far....really looking forward to its 3rd season.
Well sorry to inform, but its CANCELLED buddy... same as every good show gets these days... :|

^ ah dont you worry there is always another TV series we hook up too..At least its not Indian TV Series we watch or talk about...except for some females (if we have) here

eBRo

I can infact write a huge list of awesome tv shows that were cancelled and that too Mid-way without any proper ending..... :|.... Its really irritating..

Back