Holy Cow! What is going on..

Just to clarify things, I would be more afraid of a Muslim/Christian/Communist aligned government with a similar overwhelming majority and lack of viable opposition. And no, despite all the pandering towards minorities by the past governments (including during the Vajpayee govt) this is the first govt that I really am scared of because it has shown that it can **** with people with impunity and get away with it with ease. I guess the last time we had such a govt was when Sanjay Gandhi was still around.

China has no religion and they also try to quash any religious sentiments that seem detrimental to the good of the society.

China's autocratic rule may make it very successful in terms of profits but to me any government that is powerful enough to quash dissent that easily is bad imo. If you switch Communism with Hinduism whatever either of those things mean then I think that India is trying to become more like China. I am glad that we are better off for now.

China's autocratic rule may make it very successful in terms of profits but to me any government that is powerful enough to quash dissent that easily is bad imo. If you switch Communism with Hinduism whatever either of those things mean then I think that India is trying to become more like China. I am glad that we are better off for now.
There are pros and cons of every kind of regime. It always depends upon the person-in-charge. We have always been told that Lord Rama was a wise and benevolent king under whose rule the people were very happy.
So, if the person-in-charge has the right intentions, I feel that more can be achieved under a Communist or even a dictatorship regime than in a democracy.
Because our chosen representatives are afraid of losing their posts in the next elections, they never take the hard decisions and keep indulging in vote bank politics.

I have used this line many times in such discussions - A true leader will always take his people, where they might not necessarily want to be, but where they ought to be.
And in today's democracy, it's all about diplomacy rather than leadership.
I am trying to learn to live with the times, become more diplomatic and conniving but it has been very difficult and takes a huge toll on me.

Don't worry mate, we're getting there. We are probably gonna end up as a Hindu version of Pakistan within a few years.

I think apart from the ruthless example of chinese 'communism', as a way of social and economic life it's better than the current, almost global, trend of capitalism. Where massive corporations basically own and run the country and get the working class to make them more money, while paying them a comparative pittance in wages. Hey, even slaves were provided food, clothing and shelter (along with the usual beatings etc.) so it wasn't all bad for them right? [/s]. This capitalist quest for dominance is basically what lead to things like the Vietnam war and it has well and truly spread to most of the world, and India is reaching US levels very quickly. Heck, even russia and china pretty much align with these policies even if they were once true communists.

Just to clarify things, I would be more afraid of a Muslim/Christian/Communist aligned government with a similar overwhelming majority and lack of viable opposition. And no, despite all the pandering towards minorities by the past governments (including during the Vajpayee govt) this is the first govt that I really am scared of because it has shown that it can **** with people with impunity and get away with it with ease. I guess the last time we had such a govt was when Sanjay Gandhi was still around.

Sanjay and indira's dictatorships were simply exercising of power by the ruling class. Perversion of justice and the constitution and manipulation of the SC all included.

The HUGE difference with the current govt. is that this one has, a) financial backing from the wealthiest in the country, b) a superb disinformation, propaganda & PR campaign and c) support of >80% of sheeple who don't even realise they're being lead to the slaughter. There's no way they can fail.[DOUBLEPOST=1501787844][/DOUBLEPOST]

Yes, really.

You take so much offense to it because you think your 'faith' entitles you to attack (and murder) people on the streets.[DOUBLEPOST=1501787972][/DOUBLEPOST]

LOL @ the YT title. Truly horrible person.

Last edited by a moderator:
I was born in a Hindu family. I practice no religion apart from being forcibly made to follow some rituals because my grandmother was very religious. Since my father passed away last year, I haven't followed a single so called 'tradition' that Hinduism dictates, since then as I don't have to appease anyone anymore. Instead of going to Haridwar and getting looted by the greedy priests, we have been sponsoring the education of a girl child in my father's name as I feel that that will be a more fitting way to remember my father than give Bhoj to 110 priests.
Religion has since long been converted and convoluted by the so called 'keepers of religion'. They saw the power they had over the common sheep-folk and have since then used it to subdue people and meanwhile themselves get rich.
The real saints, whether it was Jesus, Mohammed or our many Rishis have been few and far between and certainly very very few in our age.

Religious wars have always been fought by false idols and if we can't see that even today, then it is a big point of shame for our race.
True religious leaders have always shunned violence and worked for the betterment of the common people.

China has no religion and they also try to quash any religious sentiments that seem detrimental to the good of the society. They follow the words of their philosophers but they are not foolish enough to take them to heart. When they realized that their population was getting out of control, they didn't hesitate to put in place a policy, no matter how autocratic it seemed at that time, that tried to control the problem.

In my view, apart from acting as a ray of hope in bad times, religion has no practicality in a modern world like ours. Religion, was always a civil code that was in tune with the times when it was written. Apart from the moral teachings, it shouldn't be taken as something set in stone and the people should decide on what the current civil code should be and keep updating it with time for the betterment of the society.

+1

Same here. The old guard is slowly dying, and the new generation is more or less tolerant of the older traditions which were actually harsh, and mainly towards women., thus leading to a divide.

Religion, caste etc were always made for power.

Sanjay and indira's dictatorships were simply exercising of power by the ruling class. Perversion of justice and the constitution and manipulation of the SC all included.

The HUGE difference with the current govt. is that this one has, a) financial backing from the wealthiest in the country, b) a superb disinformation, propaganda & PR campaign and c) support of >80% of sheeple who don't even realise they're being lead to the slaughter. There's no way they can fail.

Yeah, and with the internet it has become way more easier to spread propaganda. If you say something is true often enough then it becomes true I guess. It is also schadenfreude that helped moves like demonetization. Most people people were happy that their neighbours were possibly losing their money and so were gleefully in support for it.

Atheism is no excuse to make fun of someone's faith. If someone wants to worship something harmlessly, that's their choice.

God is within you. You have the power to make change. Mukesh Ambani is the richest man in India. Modi and Shah are probably close.[DOUBLEPOST=1501839542][/DOUBLEPOST]
Atheism is no excuse to make fun of someone's faith. If someone wants to worship something harmlessly, that's their choice.

I think you're getting it dude. I predict in another 4 pages of one-liners, you will see the light!

+1

Same here. The old guard is slowly dying, and the new generation is more or less tolerant of the older traditions which were actually harsh, and mainly towards women., thus leading to a divide.

Religion, caste etc were always made for power.

As Ridley Scott succinctly put it, "And one of the biggest problems in the world is what we call religion, it causes more problems than anything in the goddamn universe. Think about what’s happening now, all based on the very simple idea that a Muslim can’t live alongside a Catholic, or a Catholic can’t live alongside a Protestant…”

God is within you. You have the power to make change. Mukesh Ambani is the richest man in India. Modi and Shah are probably close.

I don't think Modi is corrupt in a monetary term. He has a huge hunger for power which is a more powerful currency than mere wealth.

Shah looks way too smarmy to me though.

^^ That's the PR at work. Cleaned up his image since Guj etc. Power goes hand in hand with money.
Seriously to come back from Godhra and rise to arguably the most popular politician in the last 30 years takes some heavy cojones and capital(courtesy of Adani and Ambani)

The only thing I ever said was to respect others' faith. Nothing else. Instead, some of you make it look like all Hindus are cruel and their beliefs are funny. You have no right to do that. Whatever may be your reasons.

Not just them ball$, it also requires the willingness to do anything to further your personal success. Read up on haren pandya if you don't know already.

Again, the PR is a major factor. They're smear campaign (going on even now, even though they're beat) on RaGa is a shining example. Choosing and picking a person's worst moments on camera will make them look terrible. Imagine if someone only took photos of you picking your nose or scratching your butt and kept posting it. Soon your best friends will start calling you pappu.[DOUBLEPOST=1501841876][/DOUBLEPOST]
The only thing I ever said was to respect others' faith. Nothing else. Instead, some of you make it look like all Hindus are cruel and their beliefs are funny. You have no right to do that. Whatever may be your reasons.

cow side.jpg

I don't think Modi is corrupt in a monetary term. He has a huge hunger for power which is a more powerful currency than mere wealth.

Shah looks way too smarmy to me though.

Modi is an actor(segueing as PM) , not a real politician much like Sonia is a waitress trying to make speeches in angrezi bashaa. He was well chosen by the people in power coz he is a really convincing actor to the majority of the people in this country.

You have no respect for others' faith. Think beef and border issues are the basic problems of a common man. I am really glad people like you are not in the government.

Also @meetdilip please clarify what you mean by "hindu" or "faith" because that is something you have been continually bringing up but never explaining what it means to you. Please elaborate so that people don't make assumptions about you being a dumb Bhakt (whatever that means) so that we can move forward with this cyclical but entertaining thread.

Back