The india vs australia series discussion thread

Bluffmaster said:
The Match couldn't have possibly been fixed. The emotions don't lie. The look on Praveen Kumar's face when Jadeja committed harakiri and when he finally himself got runout was proof enough of the disappointment he was feeling. Add to that Sachin's performance and expressions when India finally lost.

when a match is thrown away, not every tom dick & harry in the team is bribed & please don't be naive man.

never the less, my country never lets me down, just won another bet, man this is just awesome :)

I am utterly disappointed, what a waste of a legend's greatest innings.

And it's all because of that stupid moron Jadeja. What on earth was he thinking when he ran for that run?

Why is Jadeja being blamed here..Well he didnt play well I accept. But look at the top order - Gambhir Yuvraj Dhoni - 8, 9 and 6.. :no::no::no::no::no:

I feel very sorry for Sachin :(:(. Today was sachin's day..17000 runs, 175 but India lost..and one more man of the match..:(
But well played Sachin :clap:..One of the best innings ever played...U r the best..
But, why dont other guys contribute when Sachin fires...Indian team is still the old Indian team..Whenever Sachin plays, other guys sleep in the pitch..
And seriously some of you think, this match was fixed when we fought till the end?..WTF..R u sober?..

tarun said:
And it's all because of that stupid moron Jadeja. What on earth was he thinking when he ran for that run?

Jadeja thinking::CHeque cleared in my account :eek:hyeah: hey Praven its party time gala mil yaar

stumps gone

uff how on earth this can happen :rofl:

red_devil said:
Thank God you're no where near selecting players for any team.

Mistakes happen mate. People have to learn from them. I'm sure you would've accidentally formatted your hard disk or screwed up big time in school or with your gf or at some point in your life. That doesn't mean you don't deserve a computer or you don't have the right to go to school or have a new/patched up GF. :)

Shit happens.

Our Indian selectors probably have this exact same lameass attitude. This is the reason we are not number 1, to be number 1 there is no place for emotions or feelings but just plain ruthlessness. That is the reason Australia has been successful in ruling the World cricket for over a decade. Jadeja did not learn from his mistakes. He got out in the previous match in a similar fashion. He was the last recognized batsmen at the crease, he should have acted more responsibly.

More than India, I feel bad for Sachin. He gave his heart out today, he deserved a win.

Tarcxy said:
And seriously some of you think, this match was fixed when we fought till the end?..WTF..R u sober?..

Nope we 4got to place our money on aussies and unhappy that they won and we are at square zero :)

Bluffmaster said:
Our Indian selectors probably have this exact same lameass attitude. This is the reason we are not number 1, to be number 1 there is no place for emotions or feelings but just plain ruthlessness. That is the reason Australia has been successful in ruling the World cricket for over a decade.

Bluffy dont say a single word to any selector

Where do u see a person just for meeting that too with 5 lakh per table bill appoints team and still take 25 L salary home much more than IIM graduates in some cases

U are abusing my future job opportunity :(

malhotraraul said:
when a match is thrown away, not every tom dick & harry in the team is bribed & please don't be naive man.

never the less, my country never lets me down, just won another bet, man this is just awesome :)

I am confused, So who among Sachin, Raina and Sehwag was Tom, Dick and Harry? :S

Unless ofcourse you are sleeping with the bookies or the cricketers, there is no plausible way of you knowing anything about any match fixing, so why don't you give your accusations a rest and respect a man for what he has achieved today?

@ bluffy...

jadeja surely got run out silly way... but i still count his efforts worth over players like nehra and bhajji(today) who dont know their capabilities and often make the situation worse without actually having a chance to make it better in situation like this.

jadeja atleast made their balls count :)P i mean the number of ball they played). it simply is awesome how a team with maximum budget can't pull of 18runs. what do they practice about?

they all made sachin's effort look effortless

madnav said:
@ bluffy...
jadeja surely got run out silly way... but i still count his efforts worth over players like nehra and bhajji(today) who dont know their capabilities and often make the situation worse without actually having a chance to make it better in situation like this.

jadeja atleast made their balls count :)P i mean the number of ball they played). it simply is awesome how a team with maximum budget can't pull of 18runs. what do they practice about?

they all made sachin's effort look effortless
Jadeja getting himself out was the turning point of the match for me. 18 runs required from 3 overs with 3 wickets remaining was a very achievable target considering the fact that both Jadeja and Praveen kumar can bat. I don't blame Nehra or Bhajji because they are not in this team for their batting skills. Jadeja on the other hand is only in this side because of his "all rounder" tag.

Had jadeja been caught or bowled, I wouldn't have blamed him but he practically threw his wicket away. That was simply a very horrible judgment. Even Praveen kumar looked at him in disbelief after the harakiri he had committed.

Bluffmaster said:
Our Indian selectors probably have this exact same lameass attitude. This is the reason we are not number 1, to be number 1 there is no place for emotions or feelings but just plain ruthlessness. That is the reason Australia has been successful in ruling the World cricket for over a decade. Jadeja did not learn from his mistakes. He got out in the previous match in a similar fashion. He was the last recognized batsmen at the crease, he should have acted more responsibly.

Yup he should've acted responsibly but he didn't.

The first part of your post sort of amazes me.

You talk about ruthlessness in Aussies well what happened what that guy called Ricky Ponting {who's now leading the side} just made his way into the team?

IIRC, he scored very few runs {out for < 10 in a few innings} and yet they persisted with him and look where he's ended up!

They didn't have the same dumbass attitude that you want people here to have. You think someone is talented enough, persist with him for a series or two. If he turns out to be utter shit, drop him. Not just because he's had one or two bad games.

And btw, it was Praveen Kumar at the other end. Perhaps Jadeja wanted to take the responsibility of by getting him off strike and doing the needful.

What ultimately happened was a case of wrong judgment rather than an utter lack of responsibility.

{btw, if you're gonna use the term "lack of responsibility" with Jadeja's incident, then I guess you could use the same for Raina and Sachin. Just because Jadeja is the new kid on the block, it doesn't mean you have to blame him completely for whatever has happened.}

EDIT:

I really don't think the game(s) are fixed.

malhotraraul said:
<sarcasm starts>So you bet that your country will lose today (assuming you are an Indian)?...
In other words, you bet that Australia would win today?..
And you were praying that India would lose today?..
In other words, you were praying that Australia would win today?..

And you won the bet and and you feel awesome about it?...wow congrats man...

I guess my assumption is wrong..
<sarcasm ends>

madnav said:
@ bluffy...
. it simply is awesome how a team with maximum budget can't pull of 18runs. what do they practice about?

Tomm is rest day busy practicing lines for ad shoot
Btw tom dick and harry

DHoni,yuvraj and harry u ppl decideits its munaf....ill give bhajji benefit of doubt becoz of his bowling but not munaf.....i still dont get why shewag or sachin were made to ball couple of overs when all were hit why not try them...shewag is good bowler than jadeja even better than yuvi

U cant blame nehra for his batting when yuvi doesnt click wht makes u feel he will bat till end...if u say he should have played that shot.....u might have seen him cleaned bowled....he and Ishant sharma cant defence at all
Atleast they died on a shot rather than covering silly

Ok let us analyze Jadeja's ODI career so far.

He has played a total of 8 matches so far in which he has made a total of 102 runs and has picked up 6 wickets.

The following is his last 6 batting performances :

Apart from that 60, which he scored against Lanka back in Feb 2009, it doesn't look like he can bat much, certainly not as an allrounder. Give him a chance you say? Well, he has been given 7 chances after his debut 60 runs to prove himself, not up to the mark. Its time to kick him out, I say.

Striker10 said:
Hmm :p that post is for Tarcxy. I don't bet on Indians losing :)
But ghar ka chula jalna chaiya(burner,hob stove should burn)

In trading terms predicted shares will go down and earn on it(Sell call)

:D

I think we won the game by 100 runs:eek:hyeah:. We actually scored 400 runs (Oz fielders saved some 50 odd) and they scored 300 ( we gave 50 extra runs). Well whatever makes me happy.:clap:

Back