13Rs Mineral water @ 30.00 Rupees at Inorbit Mall Vashi

mediahome.in said:
people fail to understand so many overheads that go into running in such a place. so many malls in delhi are not even close to surviving . many of these huge malls are backed by big banks and institutions that demand interest no matter what, and in turn it goes over to the owners and then retailers. a normal size shop in a mall near my place costs 3 lac a month as rent, and imagine many stores dont even have 2 times the sales from them ie not even 6 lacs sales. so how do you expect them to survive. it is only when rents for malls can come down will it happen but that is a lot ahead because these project run into 100's of cr , so their base interest it self is like 2 cr a month or 1.5 a month depending on market there about, then the electricity that goes into the malls , the staff security . its not really easy to run such a big thing, and if one is investing lacs of rs in one food chain he is entitled to earn pr try to earn, now if he also has sales of 30k 40k a day he will be more than happy to give the bottle of water at 13 rs coz then he can recover his costs from foods and be profitable .

yes that is true

but away no comment cause they charge too much at public restaurant for profile due to greedy mail

Dinesh_Malhotra said:
What i don`t LIKE

All the outlets @ the Food Court at Inorbit Mall vashi
are selling normal mineral water bottles of:

Mcdowells 1L (MRP 13Rs) ----------> 20Rs

Aquafina 500ml (MRP 8Rs) ------------> 25Rs

Aquafina 1L (MRP 14Rs) -----------------> 30Rs

Need Advice

Guys I need to do something in this case.
this high profile ppl who visit such malls, hardly care for this,
but this is a disgusting thing happnin from the perspective
of buyers Rights.

PLEASE suggest me what i can i do to teach them a lesson !

Please Guys...

Usually these bottles would have a stamp "Specially packed for XYZ" or "Specially packed to be retailed through XYZ channels" on these bottles I don't think you can do anything, but if it is a normal bottle with no such stamp I think you can file a case in consumer court.

Boss a rule is a rule. If you have to sell a product on mrp, you can't overcharge, no matter how much rent you are paying for the place. If at all you think that the place is costly, don't rent it at all. The prices will eventually come down. They have discovered n number of ways to loot customers, like special packing and bills mentioning "water with glass" and all.

A packed product has to be sold on mrp. In restaurants you pay for the service. If you are purchasing a sealed bottle from a restaurant for consumption outside restaurant then strictly speaking they can't charge you above mrp, but they can always refuse you to sell the bottle. Same holds for liquor prices at bars.

Inorbit Vashi is a good place as at least you get free drinking water, in many malls there is no provision for that.

Arun.P said:
yes that is true btw your are rich why u need to earn more money

i have seen many people from half middle family are poor and half middle family is rich in India do your think it depend on worst life for poor people while he get jerk

cause i believe it many people charge too much that why i am not buying/spending anything due to waste of money and my pocket might be empty :p

what are you saying?

people don't understand you so don't type please

Lol, I fail to understand what the argument is about!!!

MRP is maximum retail price, a restaurant or a food mall is not a retail outlet!! Why dont you fight with a 5 star hotel charging 500 bucks for the same bottle? Have you been to any hill stations, havent you noticed that almost all of them charge over MRP? Atleast the restaurants are within their legal right to sell it over MRP..

^^True and its legal as well. For example, they can simply show the amount above the MRP of a soft drink or a bottle of water as chilling charges or service charges.

Udit said:
what the hell are you saying?
people don't understand you so don't type please

alright i edit it enough of it :ashamed:

btw nvm i have some bad experiment before so cannot do that

Chopsuey - 200 bucks
Chicken lollipop - 150 bucks
Hot n sour soup - 100 bucks.
HOW DARE THEY CHARGE ME 30 BUCKS FOR WATER OMFG I MUST NERD RAGE!11!1

PLEASE suggest me what i can i do to teach them a lesson !

Stop buying from there. Simple. Carry a bottle of water along or buy it from a big bazaar or something. They'll lost customers (profit) and you'll not lose money. Win win!

l33t_5n1p3r_max said:
Chopsuey - 200 bucks
Chicken lollipop - 150 bucks
Hot n sour soup - 100 bucks.
HOW DARE THEY CHARGE ME 30 BUCKS FOR WATER OMFG I MUST NERD RAGE!11!1
Stop buying from there. Simple. Carry a bottle of water along or buy it from a big bazaar or something. They'll lost customers (profit) and you'll not lose money. Win win!

u need to control ur sarcasm dude. ;)

the actual pricin there:

chopsuey for 75 bucks
lollipop for 75 bucks
and soup for 45 bucks

above on that Mineral water is not sold as "mineral water" but as "Water with a glass" (in bill).. that clrly points towards some ambiguity with regards to they being covered by some changes amended in the Consumer rights act.
if it is still not worthy of ur time to consider, atleast dont type thing like nerd rage n other Sh!t... u mite be a freakin nerd, i am not.. so better control ur tounge.

i just asked for simple suggestion if that could help to avoid such things happnin for common ppl, i have no personal agenda against this...

i can also see ppl sayin there are lots of costs involved in runnin such a place at a mall and they need to do some things here n there to keep it going...

then i guess ur theories suggest one should also not hesitate to steal or commit robberies if it is bcoz of his reason to live and survive

regards and no offense intended.

i just asked for some guidance... not a dose of Sarcasm filled posts.. Peace.

^ as you might have already noticed that not everybody is reading the previous posts before posting..

people are still going crazy about MRP despite of it being mentioned that it is not a Retail Market to apply MRP.

the cost for running Malls can't be justified for crazy charges... but that is from the consumer's point of view.. their point of view leads them to hiding charges.. our point of view shall lead us to avoid hidden charges.. i think the thread has served it's purpose.. :)

Aces170 said:

MRP is maximum retail price, a restaurant or a food mall is not a retail outlet!! Why dont you fight with a 5 star hotel charging 500 bucks for the same bottle?

Sad to say to OP but i think this is the way it goes, given the license involved.

Very educational thread :)

another pet topic -- booze!!

booze prices should be standardized in the dry states--i am currently in one---oh i miss mumbai!!!

my local bootlegger is prohibitively expensive - my friend gets his booze from his bootlegger at cheaper rates bcoz he lives in another part of the city and his bootlegger won't serve my area---i never knew bootleggers were territorial! i must shift my residence!

mondegar's charges more for a pitcher compared to leopold for a pitcher of beer.(its kingfisher?)don't know about the rates now--last went in june b4 i shifted to ahmedabad.

sunny27 said:
another pet topic -- booze!!
booze prices should be standardized in the dry states--i am currently in one---oh i miss mumbai!!!
my local bootlegger is prohibitively expensive - my friend gets his booze from his bootlegger at cheaper rates bcoz he lives in another part of the city and his bootlegger won't serve my area---i never knew bootleggers were territorial! i must shift my residence!

mondegar's charges more for a pitcher compared to leopold for a pitcher of beer.(its kingfisher?)don't know about the rates now--last went in june b4 i shifted to ahmedabad.

isn't daman closer?
and also tax free or something ?? :p

it's like a closer goa regarding booze for people in mumbai :p

something regarding this I read in TOI long time back :
Only places serving food "with Restaurant license" can sell food items at a price higher than MRP. The reason being , the customer is not only paying for the food item, he is also paying for the service and the ambiance.

Most food stalls at multiplexes, malls don't have a Restaurant license. So legally they can't sell "above MRP".
But we need to verify it.

Something similar :
McDonald's are not allowed to sell packaged drinking water at a price higher than the MRP to drive-in customers.

The law is there but....
it's a different thing that the inspectors are "well-managed" by the management of such places.

My solution:

Avoid going to Malls and Multiplexes, except for a really really good movies like AVATAR, Star wars, Matrix 2 & 3 which have so much special effects and need a big screen to enjoy.
this is like once or twice in a year.

Most of the things we buy from Malls are available outside at cheaper rate. ( eg PC peripherals, clothing)
Buying from small shops build relationships with them. and i would like them to survive than than the big waste of money MALLs

Also places like Big Bazaar and shopping malls, make you spend more money than you intended to, by making you buy more items than the list you made at home.

We can easily find better restaurants and dhabas outside.
just drive more,(so you pay for extra petrol burned or extra high cost of food. your choice.)

Aces170 said:

MRP is maximum retail price, a restaurant or a food mall is not a retail outlet!! Why dont you fight with a 5 star hotel charging 500 bucks for the same bottle? Have you been to any hill stations, havent you noticed that almost all of them charge over MRP? Atleast the restaurants are within their legal right to sell it over MRP..
IF it`s within their legal rights ...... as u say...

y these Mall-Stalls mention it as "Glass with Water" ? i mean.. 'when the laws are with u, y are u fiddling with the Bill/receipt rite ?'

so rather than LOL`in.. may u be can actively think abt it, give a valid suggestion, else overlook if u fail to understand the whole motive behind openin this thread.

regards n Peace

PS:
as far as those hill stations are concerned:

May be u can try there, as i`ve hardly visited one in my life.

as far as those 5 star hotels are concerned:

they have legal rights to do SO !

BUT NOT this mall-stalls

if they would have had, y would they sell it as " Water with Glass " ?

Peace out !

Back