Budget 31-40k 27 inch 1440p 144hz+ IPS Monitor Suggestions

Folks who have used a 144 Hz monitor, do you observe any significant improvements in non gaming use cases?
On reddit people claim all sorts of benefits, less eye strain, significant smoothness even in everyday use etc. Don't know if it is true or just a placebo effect.

I am stuck between 1440p 27" (144 Hz) monitor and 4K 32" (60 Hz), both cost between 29-32K.
If you are a dev, what is your setup?
Better smoothness, yes (nothing night & day). Not a very big difference when you use 144Hz for first but when you switch back to 60Hz, that seems slower with animations & scrolling.

Less eye strain? No. But a monitor without PWM is considered better & has less eye strain.

You personally will have to take a call on resolution & refresh rate. Most non-gamers don't need 144Hz. If your apps scale well with Windows, 4K might be better. I'm a gamer, even though I play games like Cyberpunk at 60-70fps, I want everything to look good without overshoot or anything when I play a game which can go above 120fps (like MP games).

@TinTinSnowy
What are your thoughts on Lenovo L32p-30?
Did you land on buy or wait?
I have been looking for this monitor from last year. It went out of stock everywhere after a soft launch. Now they have launched it officially in China and India. So stock is there but I am yet to make a call to go with this or go for something with higher refresh rate. This lenovo monitor fills all slot except higher refresh rate. 4K, IPS, USB-C PD, USB Ports, etc. LG is also launching new models in India. This came some time back. https://www.amazon.in/dp/B09P1Y77M6/

LG is also launching new models in India.
Do you have any idea when they may launch it?
The model you mentioned has a VA panel, while good for gaming I have heard too many bad stories about VA panels causing blurry text.

I looked at other available options, in 2022 anything with 4K & >120Hz is going to cost ~60K or higher.
Gigabyte M28U is available @57K. Spoke to a Gigabyte rep and they are planning to launch M32U in April, expected price is 80K+.

Only other option is 2 x 1440p 144Hz monitors. Don't know if that is a good idea.

The model you mentioned has a VA panel, while good for gaming I have heard too many bad stories about VA panels causing blurry text.

I looked at other available options, in 2022 anything with 4K & >120Hz is going to cost ~60K or higher.
Gigabyte M28U is available @57K. Spoke to a Gigabyte rep and they are planning to launch M32U in April, expected price is 80K+.

Only other option is 2 x 1440p 144Hz monitors. Don't know if that is a good idea.
4K 144Hz monitors are viable for 3080 users & above only, still, reducing some graphics settings might be required in a game like CP2077 to hit 4K 60fps. So those are ultra-premium monitors. 5 years ago, 1080p 144Hz monitors were mainly TN & started at 20k. Now you can get 2K 144Hz IPS ones for under 25k. So with time, 4K 144Hz will get cheaper.

Yeah. 4K 120hz+ monitors monitor will be expensive for the time being. My use case is not gaming though. I think going with the lenovo 4k 60hz monitor make sense for now and may be a upgrade 3 years down the line.

A friend said in next few months but I doubt LG is going to price them cheaper.

My use case is not gaming though. I think going with the lenovo 4k 60hz monitor
I did a bunch of semi scientific measurements.
For my eyes, at Windows & Linux default, the furthest away I can read text at 135-140 PPI is 24 inches, 21-22 inches makes it more comfortable.
So, I will have to either go with 4K 32" at 110% scaling of text elements or 1440 27" at native resolution.
110% scaling would be ~125PPI, 1440p 27 would be 108 PPI.
Have placed an order for the Lenovo monitor at 31K, will do some more tests and decide if to go through the order or cancel.

EDIT:
Looks like Dell G3223Q may launch in India around 70K in the next few months.

Last edited:
I did a bunch of semi scientific measurements.
For my eyes, at Windows & Linux default, the furthest away I can read text at 135-140 PPI is 24 inches, 21-22 inches makes it more comfortable.
So, I will have to either go with 4K 32" at 110% scaling of text elements or 1440 27" at native resolution.
110% scaling would be ~125PPI, 1440p 27 would be 108 PPI.
Have placed an order for the Lenovo monitor at 31K, will do some more tests and decide if to go through the order or cancel.
I will wait for your feedback on the monitor in that case. I will buy from Amazon Business. How did you get it cheaper though?

Did you receive the monitor? How is it?
Hey, Yes, I got the monitor.

The box which was slightly damaged, was worried of internal damage but it was fine. Ships with a two way USB C cable so need to buy a HDMI or DisplayPort cable. For work purposes this is a good. Colors look good on DCI-P3, not amazing like the first time I saw OLED in a dark room, but definitely nothing to complain about. Lots of real estate. 4K needs a high DPI mouse.

There is one issue I am facing though, the monitor goes blank every few minutes, has something to do with the cable I suppose. If I change input from RGB full to limited in settings the problem goes away, didn't notice any effect on colors.

Pros:
Black is quite good, feels like real black instead of dark grey on my previous monitor. (not OLED class, but best I have seen in IPS).
It is quite bright. (To be honest don't know it this is a pro or a con, it is so bright that I am using it at 0 brightness and sometimes at night it is still too bright. If this is the case with 300 - 350 nits, god save my eyes with those 1000 nits monitors)
Stand is quite sturdy, phone holder and cable management are actually useful and not a gimmick.
Text is so crisp and clear, it is joy to read text on this monitor, especially when scaled to 125 / 150%
Almost all monitor features are controllable via Lenovo Artery, so no need to fiddle with OSD. (I don't know if this is true for other monitors, haven't bought one recently)

Cons:
Stand has absolutely no adjustments other than viewing angle, no height adjustments, no swivel or rotate.
At 32" 4K text is readable but not comfortable. I use scaling in some places like browser etc.
Lenovo Artery software while functional is quite rudimentary, haven't got window management working yet.
Display is not edge to edge, there are 2 levels of borders, one plastic casing border and an internal black border.
HDR is absolute garbage, but that was expected.
Warranty is carry in, no onsite or advance replacement like dell.

How did you get it cheaper though?
Sorry, missed this, Amazon has some discounts going on. Since you have a business account I think you'll get it at a much lower price.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Last edited:
Folks who have used a 144 Hz monitor, do you observe any significant improvements in non gaming use cases?
On reddit people claim all sorts of benefits, less eye strain, significant smoothness even in everyday use etc. Don't know if it is true or just a placebo effect.
Do you get eye strains, or headaches? If absolutely none, then probably better to stick to 60 and 4K. But as for me, who is almost always stressed out, 144 is on a different level. It's quite obvious really, simple science, less strains and headaches with nearly 2.5 times the refresh speed than 60. I get tired after one hour or so, working on a 60, but on a 144 same tiredness will take nearly three times more to appear. I personally believe they need to slowly stop producing 60 Hz displays, it should be dead. So, if your work makes you stressed, then go with the 144 QHD.
Btw- I am on a 60 now, I came back from 144. Took a week to adjust, but all fine after that.

I will have to skip the monitor just because of the carry in warranty.
Do other brands have onsite warranty in India?
Most PC components have a carry-in warranty in India, I preserve the packaging usually so carrying it 4-5 KMs should not be an issue. I am not too bothered by it.
I am concerned about the brightness though.

What monitor are you planning to buy?

Do you get eye strains, or headaches? If absolutely none, then probably better to stick to 60 and 4K.
I have been using a 60 Hz monitor so far on my laptop but never noticed it. That being said, this is a large display that puts out a lot more brightness, so it may have a different impact. Will use if for a couple of days and then decide.

@JMP Not sure about other brands. But I have experienced decent on site services by Dell and LG for monitors in the past. I am looking for something from LG camp as Dell will overshoot the budget significantly.

these could work

i too was waiting for ,32u , but 80k is obnoxious pricing

Hello All,

Looking to upgrade from my Dell U2717 D ( 27", 2k, 60hz) to a either a dual setup or single monitor with dual purpose :

1. 2k 120 hz for gaming paired with my 2070 super
2. 4k 60 hz for my ps4pro and (to upgrade to ps5 at a later date)

Would buying 2 separate monitors for each purpose be better?
is there a 4k 120 Hz monitor which fits the bill for both purposes?

Ive collated all the 2k 120Hz+ monitors in the thread to compare, but as expected, 4k 120 hz monitor options are few and far in between.
The only one Ive been able to find is the BenQ mobius.

Last edited:
Hello All,

Looking to upgrade from my Dell U2717 D ( 27", 2k, 60hz) to a either a dual setup or single monitor with dual purpose :

1. 2k 120 hz for gaming paired with my 2070 super
2. 4k 60 hz for my ps4pro and (to upgrade to ps5 at a later date)

Would buying 2 separate monitors for each purpose be better?
is there a 4k 120 Hz monitor which fits the bill for both purposes?

Ive collated all the 2k 120Hz+ monitors in the thread to compare, but as expected, 4k 120 hz monitor options are few and far in between.
The only one Ive been able to find is the BenQ mobius.

For this one - https://www.amazon.in/gp/product/B09QLHFRNH/ref=ox_sc_act_title_2?smid=A14CZOWI0VEHLG&psc=1, I would rather get an OLED and I am sailing in the same boat as you are.
I have three monitors - Two are 24 inch : 1920x1200 and 1920x1080, Third one is a 2K 144 Hertz. So I am either going Ultrawide with 34 inch or 38 inch or might go for the LG C1 48 inch. Wife has been asking for a TV for long now so might sell 2 monitors and replace them with a TV.

LG is also coming up with a 42 inch OLED which will be even better and to me spending 85k on a Monitor just does not serves right. Wait if you can for few months, because there are a lot of Quantum Dot Monitors about to launnched in India.

What budget are you looking at ?

Benq also has E3270 and E3280 if you are not looking at anything about 60 Hertz and they are both 4K with VA and IPS Panels.

Budget, I'm flexible as Ive been on this single monitor for 4 years now and want to move to 120hz. Priority is to hit my use case at VFM prices.

I don't mind having 2 x 2k monitors at 60 hz and 120 hz each and putting the ps4 pro on a different monitor/tv. Kinda like a 2 monitors at eye level and 1 tv/monitor for PS4 above it.

Have a cheap 55" already, and neither me nor my wife watch tv on that, so not looking for a big tv.
32" is probably the max size Im looking at, not looking to go below 2k in resolution.

I know 4k 120 hz is more than a stretch with a 2070 super, so trying to get best of both worlds with my pc and ps4 pro.

Budget, I'm flexible as Ive been on this single monitor for 4 years now and want to move to 120hz. Priority is to hit my use case at VFM prices.

I don't mind having 2 x 2k monitors at 60 hz and 120 hz each and putting the ps4 pro on a different monitor/tv. Kinda like a 2 monitors at eye level and 1 tv/monitor for PS4 above it.

Have a cheap 55" already, and neither me nor my wife watch tv on that, so not looking for a big tv.
32" is probably the max size Im looking at, not looking to go below 2k in resolution.

I know 4k 120 hz is more than a stretch with a 2070 super, so trying to get best of both worlds with my pc and ps4 pro.
Go for the E3270U or the E3280U, I have friends who game on their PS5 using them and they vouch for it. 3280U is IPS and have a friend who is into Video Editing for YouTube Videos. He really appreciates that one and says it is the best VFM under 50k. I think he got it for 47k from Amazon under some-offer or deal.

Back