Video 40-42" 1080p HDTV with low input lag for gaming

Plasmas are excellent for gaming.. the latest ones are very resistant to IR,and even then, they come with an "orbiter" function to remove static IR.

^^ Thanks correction Panasonic bought the Kuro tech and engineers from Pioneer.

And about IR...I was skeptical about it too before I used it form my primary monitor form the PC, now I am about to sell my viewsonic and just keep the Panasonic, its really not a big issue, I have noticed it after hours and hurs of gaming and with static images the minute another image comes up there is no trace of IR...one can have a look at a demo piece but would take a while.

I think plasmas are excellent for gaming,, infinate black levels, no input lag, Awesome PQ, only downside is that it generates heat so its better to have an AC room, and it consumes a lot of electricity compared to LCD and now the new leds.

Infected said:
^^ Thanks correction Panasonic bought the Kuro tech and engineers from Pioneer.

And about IR...I was skeptical about it too before I used it form my primary monitor form the PC, now I am about to sell my viewsonic and just keep the Panasonic, its really not a big issue, I have noticed it after hours and hurs of gaming and with static images the minute another image comes up there is no trace of IR...one can have a look at a demo piece but would take a while.

I think plasmas are excellent for gaming,, infinate black levels, no input lag, Awesome PQ, only downside is that it generates heat so its better to have an AC room, and it consumes a lot of electricity compared to LCD and now the new leds.
Hmm, so If I were to leave the P42V20D on showing my desktop say for 6-7 hours straight or If I'm playing fifa for 4-5 hours straight, there wouldn't be any kind of IR?

Also how much does a 42V20D go for these days? I heard ~55-60k.

^For that many hrs you will see IR.
V20 costs around 60k and upwards.

The input lag in plasma and lcds depends on the image processing.

As for as panasonic their 42" size lcds have a LG panel. IPS-alpha a joint venture b/w many other companies will soon start producing 42" sized lcd panels.Their market share in lcds is quite small.

^Hell yeah!

When the Kuros led the pack, Panny plasmas weren't any behind. Now, they have their technology as well. Panasonic might just take over the LCD market. I am waiting to see how S-LCD reacts to this move. :p

Desecrator said:
^Hell yeah!
I am waiting to see how S-LCD reacts to this move. :p

Samsung Blue phase lcd. About Samsung - Samsung "Samsung expects to begin mass producing its Blue Phase LCD in 2011. The LCD panels will be mainly used in TVs that require high-speed video reproduction."

This tech is similar to Sharps UV2A.Except that the current lcds coming out from S-Lcd already match the black levels of UV2A.

There was a patent dispute b/w sharp and samsung,which Sharp won,not sure whether its related to this ,as there is no public info.

Desecrator said:
Avoid the NX500 like plague - the damn TV reflects anything in front of it like a mirror irrespective of the lighting conditions. I am waiting for medpal to finalise his decision - it is either the C630 or the EX500. The EX500 is a good 10k expensive and Sony wouldn't budge a bit w.r.t pricing. They are bundling some wireless headphones as a part of the Diwali offer duh! :|

Plasma TVs and gaming don't go well together or do they?
Gannu/Medpal, decided yet on the C630 or EX500?
Also what are their respective prices you guys are getting and how are they in terms of input lag..

Another thing I read somewhere was that, In sony you can't turn off their 120hz motionplus feature causing everything to look like a news report/cam coder video, except when you turn on "game mode", is this true?

m0h1t said:
Gannu/Medpal, decided yet on the C630 or EX500?
Also what are their respective prices you guys are getting and how are they in terms of input lag..

Another thing I read somewhere was that, In sony you can't turn off their 120hz motionplus feature causing everything to look like a news report/cam coder video, except when you turn on "game mode", is this true?
In sony tvs you CAN turn the Motion flow to OFF.The motionflow in sony tvs have the least amount of camcorder effect compared to rival systems.

moh1t : we are decided on C630.

Gannu tested PS3 only on a sony TV.

As I am extremely busy (surprisingly :p) now a days I havent been able to check the retails prices in street showrooms. Malls and big places like croma, next, vijay sales have been quoting 65k for sammy and 70k for sony 40EX500.

will update the rpices this week for sure.

m0h1t said:

I tested the PS3 with GOW3 on the Samsung C530/C630/EX400/EX500/EX500. TBH our eyes could not spot the so called camcorder effect on the C630 and the EX500 at least while playing. This was on the normal modes btw.

And IINW, you can turn off the 100Hz Motion Plus on the Samsung C630.
medpal said:
will update the rpices this week for sure.
Oh please do. Gawd, this wait is really excruciating. :(

I went to jumbo electronics, and a couple more stores again yesterday.
For some reason I couldn't differentiate b/w C630 and C550, they looked just the same to me. What about you guys?
..Also compared LG, and the difference between LG LD460 and LD650 was quite noticeable.

I really like the LG LD650 but I have a feeling that it's going to have very bad input lag, cuz I feel better PQ = More Image processing = More lag.

These were the prices I got yesterday. Jumbo Electrics giving away some benetton watch + Sungalsses.

Sony 40EX400 - 58k
Samsung 40C550 - 51k (Samsung Store) / 55k (Jumbo Electronics)
SAmsung 40C630 - 57k (Samsung Store) / 61k (Jumbo Electronics)
LG LG650 - 67k
Panasonic P42V20D - 66k (Jumbo Electronics)

It goes without saying that these aren't the best prices out there except for ones I from the samsung store which okay.

Wow stay away from Jumbo - the prices are mighty expensive. The Samsung store OTOH seems to be offering extremely competitive pricing! 51k for the C550 is an awesome deal - I'd say grab it. Don't think the extra 6k is worth it for the 100Hz Motion Plus tech.

I never knew Jumbo is in India already. In the UAE, they are supposed to be one of the best dealers when it comes to consumer electronics. Besides, by Samsung store do you imply an authorised distri for Samsung alone or a dealer who deals with Samsung and the other brands as well?

Yea Jumbo Electronics has a few stores in Delhi/NCR. By Samsung store I mean a dedicated samsung store, seemed like a franchise store.

FYI the Samsung 40C550 for which I was quoted 51k includes an Airtel HD Box + 2 months subscription.
Now that I have benchmark, will start lowballing @ other stores :p

mohit your prices are from bangalore, right?

I got quote of 63k for C630 yesterday, have not yet bargained.

that looks a huge difference over your prices. :(

Back