Video 40-42" 1080p HDTV with low input lag for gaming

^Actually the 100Hz tech matters only if you were to watch a lot of sport action on the TV. Otherwise, it is absolutely fine to go with the usual 50Hz display. Trust me when I say this, I have not switched on the Auto Motion Plus feature on my TV as yet. The primary intention was to be future proof since I want this display to last me for at least the next 3~4 years thus i was banking on the 100 Hz tech.

As they say, excess of everything is bad - when you have this motion interpolation tech. switched on, you experience what is probably referred to as the Soap Opera effect. You feel the video is more like a documentary shot using a cheaper video cam. This is very obvious and a human eye can easily distinguish between the two. You certainly do not want this when you are watching a movie. But sports don't look any bad when this is switched on and this is where it comes useful. :)

Capability wise the C550 is exactly similar to the C630 minus the bloated contrast ratio figures.

As for narrowing down your selection, you must be aware of the Samsung's panel lottery policy which I have explained in the first post and whether you require the multi-format reading capability off the USB port.

Implementing the DLNA on the Samsung's displays - I have already explained it in another post of mine. I've posted a link to it in the first post of the other thread.

HTH. :)

Back