Video 40-42" 1080p HDTV with low input lag for gaming

kippu said:
mohit did you get better rates , i am being quoted 1k less than your samsung store ?
For which model?

Me and meddy got an awesome bargain of 58k for the LA40C630 and we have booked one for both of us yesterday. :D

@kippu - I'm not able to find time, but I'm quite certain I'll be able to bargain the price down to 48-49k at another store.

@Gannu - Is C630 really worth the extra 7-8k, The panel is more or less the same right? Only 100Hz thing is extra?

baccilus said:
I would also like to know why plasma TV's are not being considered? Is it because some games have a static HUD which may cause a burn-in? I am myself going to buy a plasma soon and knowing myself, I will definitely be gaming on it too.
Sir,

Pls tell me is plasma better than LCD? if yes, how?

m0h1t said:
@Gannu - Is C630 really worth the extra 7-8k, The panel is more or less the same right? Only 100Hz thing is extra?
Yeah they use the S-PVA panels but the contrast ratio is bumped up and the Motion plus 100Hz tech. A simple factory reset on both the LCDs will tell you the difference between the panels. :)

Oh and btw good news for the Samsung users with the ethernet port at the back of the LCD - I was casually browsing by the manual and it says that the LCD can be connected to the PC without a router to share the media. Akin to the PS3 media server setup! wOOt! :D

We need to install Samsung PC Share Manager on the PC, configure the network and the TV can access these files from the PC. Talk about awesomeness! I am going to try this on the day I get my panel setup.

Desecrator said:
Oh and btw good news for the Samsung users with the ethernet port at the back of the LCD - I was casually browsing by the manual and it says that the LCD can be connected to the PC without a router to share the media. Akin to the PS3 media server setup! wOOt! :D

We need to install Samsung PC Share Manager on the PC, configure the network and the TV can access these files from the PC. Talk about awesomeness! I am going to try this on the day I get my panel setup.
Holy mother of shitpot!!
Can you take a Laptop and Try it out since you have already booked one and the shopkeeper might just oblige! I am skeptical about this since this would elimate the need of any ext HD media Player

Bty with the 100Mhz turned on did you notice any difference in playing GOW3? Basicallly in the fighting scenes the lighting changes dramatically as the weapons move. This is where the 100Mhz Motion flo should kick in i suppose.

^No difference when I turned on Motion Plus while playing GOW3. The difference *may* be noticeable while watching football or similar fast paced videos.

I may not be visiting the shop anytime soon but trust me on this, I shall be testing this capability as soon as the TV is setup. :)

Heh why would we bother anyway! Nothing beats the PMS on the PS3! :p

:ashamed: Yeah forgot about my PS3.

Bty i think the Motion Flo 100Mhz would be more apt in Gaming rather than Sports. I have personally seen the Samsung older series with this tech and compared with Phillips 5609 and i couldnt spot a difference.
Other than that i am not really sure why you are putting such emphasis on the Contrast ratios , rather than doing a factory reset to find out the difference in CR you shouldnt you calibrate them so search for the differences ? I mean you can get a Good calibration settings for both from AVS .
/P.S. - I am just offloading my work to you :p since u have already decided!

^LOL that was a quick test to decide between the 2 panels viz. C550 and C630 at their stock settings. Calibration is another task which will bring about the best IQ within the displays! :p

Black Levels & shadow Details are two very imp parameters for me
Since both the TVs use the Same panel and there is just a difference of CR, you should calibrate both the TVs to find out if the better CR actually translates into better blacks or the pictures are just more vivid.
I am not really sure how the better CR is helping your PQ apart from making it more vivid which again does not translate into color accuracy (sorry for such questions in advance :p)

I mean just do a cursory check before you finally pay the Guy.

^The deciding factor TBH was the 100Hz tech.

This TV has to last for at least the next 3~5 years. :ashamed:

Got some quotes from another store post bargaining.

Samsung 40C550 - 50k

Samsung 40C630 - 56.5k

..Airtel HD box + 2 months subscription free

^Awesome prices there. The best we at Surat were able to manage were 58k for the C630, which btw was because 3 of us were buying the same panel. Did not bother enquiring for the C550 though. :)

Btw have you zeroed down to some model? :p

Desecrator said:
Btw have you zeroed down to some model? :p
My budget is =<45k strictly, so have asked a few people here and there to find someone, who can get it cheaper w/ warranty.. so lets see

Another thing on my mind is the panel lottery thing, Don't want to be stuck w/ a shitty panel :(

m0h1t said:
Got some quotes from another store post bargaining.

Samsung 40C550 - 50k
Samsung 40C630 - 56.5k

..Airtel HD box + 2 months subscription free
Nice prices with the free airtel HD they work out to be cheaper then the Sony via grey market. Looks like samsung will take back the lead from Sony in market share,considering Sony only puts a full page AD with MRP prices.

@Mohit
Isn't the C530 available within your budget.Don't worry to much about the panel lottery,some here have reported that some dealers do allow them to open the box and check them out.

adder said:
@Mohit
Isn't the C530 available within your budget.Don't worry to much about the panel lottery,some here have reported that some dealers do allow them to open the box and check them out.

C530 don't have RJ45
..and apparently 40C550 is selling for 48k, 40C630 for 55k, 40C650 for 61k and LG's 42" high end LD650 w/ ultra clear panel (matte finish) for 58k

Compare India
Compare India
Compare India
Compare India

Mohit , i have been closely watchin this thread from the day it was posted . I am also looking for a 40-42 inch LCD with minimum lag while gaming on Xbox 360 + PS3 . Have seen the Samsung 40C550 and it fared good when i played Gears II on it . Did not get the chance to test the other one though . I might get this one coz my Budget is limited to 55k .

Back