A-VO-ID: Do a minimum RC of Rs.35 per 28days or No outgoing calls (Even with Main Balance!)

I think even if its 23 they cant cut it. Your incoming and outgoing and sms will stop immediately or after 2 days and they will wait for 60/90 days or so and disconnect your number.
Hmm. I need assurance whether ir is 60 or 90 days. Accordingly i will keep my secondary no alive then.

People who want to keep secondary number active with minimum hassles, bsnl/ mtnl is THE BEST bet. Not only they provide least amounts like 35 rs/ 6 months for validity, its long term also so, no need to recharge every month.

And height of minimal cost is, if you dont recharge at all for that validity, your sim still works for incoming.

I had not recharged airtel number for almost 2 years. May be recharged only once in 3 years. So after this stupid monthly recharge rule came, i ported this number to bsnl. And havent recharged even 1 rs or 35 rs/ 6 month as per rules. But that sim is working for incoming traffic.

So, no worries at all. Just like before. Only issue is bsnl doesnt have good network like airtel. And i had kept that number with airtel only because they have good tie ups with networks abroad for international roaming. That i will miss now.

Hopefully jio improves wrt international roaming tie ups.

May be OP should add this info in OP so lot more people who are not aware of bsnl charges, benefit.

Just a heads up. Idea app has bundled some 24/7/365 tracking app in their latest update under the guise of making their network better. They are taking imei number, WiFi connection info, call duration, and a lot more personally identifiable things through the phone and keeping the data for 2 years. There is no way to opt out of this spyware other than uninstalling the app. They've hidden this info in Terms and Conditions. In the Google play store they just mentioned technical updates. Beware of this scummy company.

Just a heads up. Idea app has bundled some 24/7/365 tracking app in their latest update under the guise of making their network better. They are taking imei number, WiFi connection info, call duration, and a lot more personally identifiable things through the phone and keeping the data for 2 years. There is no way to opt out of this spyware other than uninstalling the app. They've hidden this info in Terms and Conditions. In the Google play store they just mentioned technical updates. Beware of this scummy company.

Even the my vodafone app keeps asking for a shitload of permissions, which i refused and eventually uninstalled the damn app.

Airtel has come up with recharge of 100 and 500. Gives about talktime of 81 and 420, 28 days O/G validity and lifetime validity. This essentially means, I can recharge for 100 and be good for keeping my secondary number as long as they do not pull any other stunt.

upload_2019-2-19_11-12-48.png

Airtel has come up with recharge of 100 and 500. Gives about talktime of 81 and 420, 28 days O/G validity and lifetime validity. This essentially means, I can recharge for 100 and be good for keeping my secondary number as long as they do not pull any other stunt.

View attachment 78836

Not sure but i think they mean the talktime balance itself is valid for lifetime, as in it wont expire to zero. Not that you can keep getting incoming calls, or your number wont expire after 90 days without a recharge. I guess CC will be able to confirm.

Not sure but i think they mean the talktime balance itself is valid for lifetime, as in it wont expire to zero. Not that you can keep getting incoming calls, or your number wont expire after 90 days without a recharge. I guess CC will be able to confirm.
After your 28 days passes - you get grace period of 14 days for incoming. So after 28+14 days, you're number won't have even incoming. So basically - you need to do recharge every 45 days if you need to keep number as secondary.

35 bucks every 45 days
So in year you will be doing atleast 8 recharges of 35.
So just keeping secondary number alive - you're shelling out 280 to 315. Thats like - 23 to 26 per month.

People who want to keep secondary number active with minimum hassles, bsnl/ mtnl is THE BEST bet. Not only they provide least amounts like 35 rs/ 6 months for validity, its long term also so, no need to recharge every month.

And height of minimal cost is, if you dont recharge at all for that validity, your sim still works for incoming.

I had not recharged airtel number for almost 2 years. May be recharged only once in 3 years. So after this stupid monthly recharge rule came, i ported this number to bsnl. And havent recharged even 1 rs or 35 rs/ 6 month as per rules. But that sim is working for incoming traffic.

So, no worries at all. Just like before. Only issue is bsnl doesnt have good network like airtel. And i had kept that number with airtel only because they have good tie ups with networks abroad for international roaming. That i will miss now.

Hopefully jio improves wrt international roaming tie ups.

May be OP should add this info in OP so lot more people who are not aware of bsnl charges, benefit.

MTNL/BSNL is sh*t is Navi/Mumbai. Call drops, netwrok issues is HUGE. Port to MTNL only if you're expecting to get SMS (like netbanking etc). For voice. MTNL sucks.

MTNL/BSNL is sh*t is Navi/Mumbai. Call drops, netwrok issues is HUGE. Port to MTNL only if you're expecting to get SMS (like netbanking etc). For voice. MTNL sucks.

Yes, I am using that BSNL number only for bank SMS. Network quality is 3rd grade. No doubt. I am thinking of changing bank registered number also to my jio as otps take too long to reach to BSNL number, making transactions expire lot of times.

I doubt I would be able to book train tatkal ticket with the speed of BSNL SMS delivery for otps.

Sometimes I feel like trying out Airtel since their new plans are quite good by porting my jio number. For 3gb/day. But i don't want to miss out on jio apps like jio mags etc.

So just for the sake of jio mags I am stuck with jio. And since I don't have dual volte mobile, can't keep jio as idle number with data on another sim.

Don't think so. The other recharges have the 'benefit' of rolling over the balance as well, but they do not mention any of this tricky note about 'lifetime validity'. And to be frank, after having seen + experienced what chortel is capable of, I would be not taking their words on face value. Better to double check.

USA phones won’t support VoLTE on jio network in India. While in roaming with AT&T with jio sim, you can make calls without VoLTE by fallback on 3G.

Got sms from Vodafone saying it is shifting all old grandfathered post paid plans to their lowest Red plans - 299 per month. Comes to around 350 per month with gst. Seems people will jump to Jio now whose lowest post paid plan is around 145 or 175 per month.
Maybe vodafone is getting ready to pay govt of india their exorbitant fees for not giving JIO interconnection points (remember?)

Back