Airtel 3G Announced - Will support speeds upto 21 Mbps!

Pat

Skilled
Apparently, Airtel is currently holding a media event in Bangalore to announce the launch of it's 3G services. Some guy on twitter is live tweeting from the event.

techbangalore (techbangalore) on Twitter

He tweets:

Airtel 3G is upto 21mbps

Mobile tv, video talkies, video alerts, music store, app store to provide exclusive content over 3G

Ironically, Airtel 3G USB modems available in two variants - 3.6 & 7.2 mbps.

30 day packs at Rs.200, 450 & 750

Rs.650 for 1.25 GB, pay as you go after that, for heavy users!

Airtel 3G demo being presented with a Nokia N8!

First 3G video call being made through Airtel network!

Here are the tariffs:

Video Calling: 5p/sec

Mobile TV: Rs.40/week with 80min of watching time!!!

Rs.9 ..1 day 10MB

Rs.50 ..3 days 55MB

Rs.200 ..30days 250MB

Rs.450 ..30 days 500MB

Rs.650 ..30days 1.2GB

Overall....these plans SUCK

21mbps for 1.25 GB :rofl: why wud some1 pay 650 just for browsing (that too limited browsing of 1.25 GB)?

I feel these airtel/docomo guys have no brains, airtel let me manage ur 3g tariffs i can assure you guys will make profit compared to the present plans offered :rofl:

thebanik said:
It was better if 3G didnt come to India from these private players, sad state...those prices are a joke...
Very well said... i wud have been more happy IF TRAI wud have introduced 4 to 10MBps UL plans(without caps like US) for Rs899 to Rs.1000... Indian Telecom Players are just making fun ov us by introducing such expensive plans... :mad:

^ It will not be financially viable for them to do something like that. Heck, we don't have such plans even for wired broadband.

All we can hope for, is something realistic like say 2gb of data for Rs 200-300, for 3G. I don't think even this is going to happen anytime soon. And remember, 3G is not for downloading torrents and 24x7 usage connected to PC. :p

Who wants 3G with variable speed? :p... i want gud broadband plans thats all... i dont want this shitty 21mbps 3g shit... Airtel network is not even capable of delievering 21Mbps... They say that u will get 21Mbps speed but their network can only provide 100KB to 200KB per second...

Hades. said:
Who wants 3G with variable speed? :p... i want gud broadband plans thats all... i dont want this shitty 21mbps 3g shit... Airtel network is not even capable of delievering 21Mbps... They say that u will get 21Mbps speed but their network can only provide 100KB to 200KB per second...
21mbps is all crap. It would have been a lot better if the operators came up with something realistic. They could have put a bandwidth cap of 1mbps and offered 2gb for affordable rates, even that would be decent for normal mobile usage.

I agree about the broadband plans though. It's about time the speeds go up and prices come down there.

PhotostarSR said:
Here are the tariffs:

Video Calling: 5p/sec

Mobile TV: Rs.40/week with 80min of watching time!!!

Rs.9 ..1 day 10MB

Rs.50 ..3 days 55MB

Rs.200 ..30days 250MB

Rs.450 ..30 days 500MB

Rs.650 ..30days 1.2GB

Overall....these plans SUCK
lol plans :rofl:

Back