Airtel Xstream Fiber Experience (Direct Cities)

Not sure about that.
From what I heard, they will keep billing until we reach the 3k or 5k limit and then will disrupt the services. And then 1 fine day, they will issue a notice or some legal related guy will call.

As long as you've communicated to them in a documented format to stop services, no legal guy can do anything. I've receives a couple of these "threatening" letters from Airtel months after my service was stopped. Just ignore them.

As long as you've communicated to them in a documented format to stop services, no legal guy can do anything. I've receives a couple of these "threatening" letters from Airtel months after my service was stopped. Just ignore them.
I mean, what they will say is- we have so and so procedure to disconnect services and cannot happen just by emailing us blah blah…

In airtel black, they said we have to first separate the services and then raise disconnection request, where we have to confirm disconnection once their team calls and then they will “process”.

They will make disconnection such a headache and lengthy process to discourage us, but they don’t understand that we can also stop paying bill.

So here is an update regarding Airtel black:
If anybody is taking Airtel black beware. While the service is "allegedly" good, if you want to exit, it is a lengthy process and involves multiple calls to cc and waiting.
But still, they will disconnect in the end, but not as fast as normal connection.
I still don't have a single clue what airtel black even does. we took a combined xstream fibre and dth recently, we already had an existing dth connection. We didn't get any extra 350 channels or anything.
How do I find out what channels have been unlocked? The guy who set up for us never said anything

I still don't have a single clue what airtel black even does.
It is designed to make you take multiple airtel services and lock you into the eco system. Only for those who ‘need’ it, it is beneficial.

we took a combined xstream fibre and dth recently, we already had an existing dth connection. We didn't get any extra 350 channels or anything.
Have you installed the airtel app? First check whether you are in black tier or not. This app is essential.

How do I find out what channels have been unlocked?
You don’t unlock any channels. As per majority (not everyone says the same thing though) of their customer care employees, the bundled plans offer a specific discount for each plan, thereby saving you some money based on the plan you take.

Which plan have you taken?

The guy who set up for us never said anything
Coz most of these guys have no clear understanding of these plans.

I am thinking to switch to Airtel Xstream fiber from JIO. Main reason unable to do any port forwarding which I need.. So before i do the switch just wanted to make sure if Port Forwarding and Bridge Mode is allowed by Airtel.

Any users here who can highlight on this

I am thinking to switch to Airtel Xstream fiber from JIO. Main reason unable to do any port forwarding which I need.. So before i do the switch just wanted to make sure if Port Forwarding and Bridge Mode is allowed by Airtel.

Airtel is behind a CGNAT (public IP is shared) so port forwarding without a static IP is a no go.

You would need to buy a static IP for 199 + GST per month and then you can do that.

Beware if you're looking for 1 Gbps. I've a Jio 1 Gbps and applied for Airtel gigabit. Guys came and activated with only 300 Mbps speed. When I refused giving the code, he sheepishly said he didn't see the plan applied and told me it needs a new router - took 2 days to arrive. Still no gigabit. Multiple escalations later, they blamed my laptop and cable. Pissed me off so I asked them to come and showed Jio.
Kept on muttering that the max they can give me is 700, so asked them to cancel the connection. Finally some senior tech came and told me they need a new equipment to be installed at the main Fiber node from where my line is given. Another 2-3 days gone.
Post installation, still stuck at 500 Mbps speeds, again escalations, and took another 3 days to finally start giving correct speed.
It was a mess.
I'm surprised to say that Jio just worked FAR better than Airtel. Top speed. Pings are better on Airtel though.

Is anyone able to view the broadcaster bouquet packs on their Airtel app? I recently got an Airtel DTH+Fibre connection installed and for a brief period, I could see the broadcaster bouquet packs and some base packs. But when I logged in later, I saw that they were all gone and I can ONLY see Airtel packs.
Airtel gives bouquet packs by broadcasters and they work out to be cheaper. I called Airtel and they made some flimsy excuse that the packs will show up after 48 hours, but then I checked my friend's old connection and even he could not see them.

Here is a list of bouquet packs -
https://assets.airtel.in/teams/simp...-their-distributor-retail-price-23-jan-23.pdf

UPDATE: I contacted Airtel CC and they told me that the broadcaster bouquet packs are not currently available. I've sent an email to the nodal officer and tweeted to Airtel along with TRAI that the company is in violation of TRAI rules. Let's see what they respond with. For anyone curious to see what broadcaster packs are approved by TRAI, check this out - https://www.trai.gov.in/sites/default/files/Bouquet_of_Channels_2023.pdf

UPDATE 2: Got an email from the nodal officer with a passing reference to the broadcaster bouquet packs and then laying out the steps to subscribe to a la carte channels. Smh. Have responded to them sternly stating that if the matter is not resolved, then the matter shall be escalated to TRAI. Not sure if this is an Airtel Black issue or an Airtel DTH issue.

Last edited:
does the airtel router support bridge mode? also I have heard we can pay extra for a static ip but can we get the ports forwarded if I dont wanna pay for a static ip? I tried doing both in jio and suffice to say it didnt work

Is anyone able to view the broadcaster bouquet packs on their Airtel app? I recently got an Airtel DTH+Fibre connection installed and for a brief period, I could see the broadcaster bouquet packs and some base packs. But when I logged in later, I saw that they were all gone and I can ONLY see Airtel packs.
Airtel gives bouquet packs by broadcasters and they work out to be cheaper. I called Airtel and they made some flimsy excuse that the packs will show up after 48 hours, but then I checked my friend's old connection and even he could not see them.

Here is a list of bouquet packs -
https://assets.airtel.in/teams/simp...-their-distributor-retail-price-23-jan-23.pdf

UPDATE: I contacted Airtel CC and they told me that the broadcaster bouquet packs are not currently available. I've sent an email to the nodal officer and tweeted to Airtel along with TRAI that the company is in violation of TRAI rules. Let's see what they respond with. For anyone curious to see what broadcaster packs are approved by TRAI, check this out - https://www.trai.gov.in/sites/default/files/Bouquet_of_Channels_2023.pdf

UPDATE 2: Got an email from the nodal officer with a passing reference to the broadcaster bouquet packs and then laying out the steps to subscribe to a la carte channels. Smh. Have responded to them sternly stating that if the matter is not resolved, then the matter shall be escalated to TRAI. Not sure if this is an Airtel Black issue or an Airtel DTH issue.
They have finally gone ahead and registered a complaint with a resolution date of today, i.e. 07/03. Let's see how they respond, otherwise I will be drafting an email to TRAI.

Finally decided to ditch my Spectra and got Airtel fiber.

With Spectra, since last few days, I was facing problem in YouTube playback. It buffers a lot. It happens with all the devices like Windows PC, fire TV stick, Nvidia shield, Mi TV, etc. All my devices are on wired internet. I have tested them with Wifi also but same problem. All other apps (Amazon Prime, Hotstar, Netflix, Sonyliv) work fine.

I tried different DNS (Spectranet, Google, OpenDNS, Cloudflare, Quad) but it didn't solve the problem.

It works fine if I install and enable Cloudflare WARP on Windows PC but that's not possible for all the devices.

YouTube worked great (4K) on all the devices when I used my mobile phone's hotspot with Jio 5G.

Yesterday, Spectra's engineer visited and spend 3 hours at my place and they (he and his backend team) could not fix it which seems to be a particular port issue.

I have finalized Airtel's this plan:

Entertainment + TV
Rs.1099 + GST = Rs.1297
200 Mbps
30-DAY's Trial
1 year of Amazon Prime, Disney+Hotstar & 10 more OTT apps
350+ TV channels extra & much more
Free Wifi Router

My Amazon Prime subscription is valid till October, 2023, will it be extended for one year?

My existing Hotstar premium (4K, 4 log-ins) in expiring on 30th March.

Hotstar included in this pack is premium 4K or any cheaper plan? Can I use Airtel's Hotstar my other 2-3 TVs/laptop?

Also, do they provide Gigabit router?

With Spectra, since last few days, I was facing problem in YouTube playback. It buffers a lot. It happens with all the devices like Windows PC, fire TV stick, Nvidia shield, Mi TV, etc. All my devices are on wired internet. I have tested them with Wifi also but same problem. All other apps (Amazon Prime, Hotstar, Netflix, Sonyliv) work fine.

I tried different DNS (Spectranet, Google, OpenDNS, Cloudflare, Quad) but it didn't solve the problem.

It works fine if I install and enable Cloudflare WARP on Windows PC but that's not possible for all the devices.

YouTube worked great (4K) on all the devices when I used my mobile phone's hotspot with Jio 5G.

Yesterday, Spectra's engineer visited and spend 3 hours at my place and they (he and his backend team) could not fix it which seems to be a particular port issue.

Entertainment + TV
Rs.1099 + GST = Rs.1297
200 Mbps
30-DAY's Trial
Free Wifi Router

My Amazon Prime subscription is valid till October, 2023, will it be extended for one year?

Hotstar included in this pack is premium 4K or any cheaper plan? Can I use Airtel's Hotstar my other 2-3 TVs/laptop?

1 year amazon PRIME VIDEO, you don't get amazon prime shopping. Pls check with customer care.

30-DAY's Trial

Do check on what conditions they are giving the 30-days free trial.
Sometimes it is a security deposit, sometimes installation charges and sometimes 'pay more upfront'. These offers keep changing.

These benefits are in Airtel thanks app and for most offers, you need to check 'thanks benefits' page in the app and select the appropriate offer.
As long as the prime benefit exists in the thanks benefits list, you can claim it whenever you want. Usually, it starts from the day when you click on 'claim now'.

Hotstar Super plan is offered (Full HD+Ads+2 devices)

What router model you get is dependant on what stock they have. But they usually give gigabit router.

You can check my post below to get some information and avoid few traps while taking Airtel connection.

Got it installed today. They gave me Dragon Path 707GR1 router. How is this router.

Everything seems to be working fine except torrent I tried (from bwtorrents dot tv). It does not work without/without Cloudflare Warp. It used to work with Spectra.

Any suggestions how to fix it?

Entertainment + TV
Rs.1099 + GST = Rs.1297
200 Mbps
30-DAY's Trial
Free Wifi Router

Got it installed today. They gave me Dragon Path 707GR1 router. How is this router.

Everything seems to be working fine except torrent I tried (from bwtorrents dot tv). It does not work without/without Cloudflare Warp. It used to work with Spectra.

Any suggestions how to fix it?

Recheck if you are using torrents with enough seeds.
Try changing dns if it didn't work.

Also, can you say how much you paid if it is 30 days free for 1st month?

Recheck if you are using torrents with enough seeds.
Try changing dns if it didn't work.

Also, can you say how much you paid if it is 30 days free for 1st month?

I paid 12k. I have taken 999+GST plan with annual payment with 15% discount. No installation charges, no router charges. No deposit. It is NOT free for 30 days.

I have many friends in my society using Airtel Fiber and everyone is happy so I found it safe to pay in advance for one year.

It includes one year prime membership (all benefits including free & fast shipping) and Disney+Hotstar (2 screens 1080p).

I can't find the option in router setting to try Google/OpenDNS/Cloudflare/Quad DNS servers.

These are default DNS servers.

INBBIL-AP BHARTI Airtel Ltd.182.78.214.2
INBBIL-AP BHARTI Airtel Ltd.59.144.144.18
INBBIL-AP BHARTI Airtel Ltd.2404:a800:0:14::1:1302
INBBIL-AP BHARTI Airtel Ltd.2404:a800:1a00:803::96

Last edited:
I paid 12k. I have taken 999+GST plan with annual payment with 15% discount. No installation charges, no router charges. No deposit. It is NOT free for 30 days.

I have many friends in my society using Airtel Fiber and everyone is happy so I found it safe to pay in advance for one year.

It includes one year prime membership (all benefits including free & fast shipping) and Disney+Hotstar (2 screens 1080p).

I can't find the option in router setting to try Google/OpenDNS/Cloudflare/Quad DNS servers.

These are default DNS servers.

INBBIL-AP BHARTI Airtel Ltd.182.78.214.2
INBBIL-AP BHARTI Airtel Ltd.59.144.144.18
INBBIL-AP BHARTI Airtel Ltd.2404:a800:0:14::1:1302
INBBIL-AP BHARTI Airtel Ltd.2404:a800:1a00:803::96

Nothing wrong in paying for advance. Just check if that payment is reflected in Airtel app or atleast you should get sms that you have paid so-and-so amount.

Try changing that dns to cloudfare dns and see if it works.
Usually it should be in "Admin" page. If not, see if this page helps.

@all4music see if there is any wifi settings in the airtel router related to power saving or wmm wireless multimedia, or qos etc, toggle those?

If it doesn't work then you could ask airtel to set their device in bridge mode and you can add a wifi router of your choice.
Hi Everyone.

I got this Dragon Path 707GR1 router and Airtel has greyed out most of options (discussed in various forums) in the newer firmware. Wi-fi range is also poor in comparison with my previous router.

If I manage to set it up in bridge mode with the help of Airtel back-end support and add my own router like TP-Link Archer C6 or A6, will I be able to use Google or cloudflare DNS? Or DNS remains same of primary (Airtel) router?

If I manage to set it up in bridge mode with the help of Airtel back-end support and add my own router like TP-Link Archer C6 or A6, will I be able to use Google or cloudflare DNS? Or DNS remains same of primary (Airtel) router?
Bridge mode is barely having any advantage now with Airtel Fiber (unless you have a static IP) since it's behind a CGNAT anyway.
You can just connect both routers LAN to LAN port (have your IP of TP-Link set to in the same subnet as that of Airtel) and disable DHCP server of Airtel router and enable the same in TP-Link router. Make sure to set the Gateway IP in TP-Link to that of Airtel Router and configure DNS as you want and then restart both routers.

It's a quick and dirty way without bridge mode and has no disadvantages. You can also disable wifi of Airtel router after this if you want to but even that should now use the DNS of your TP-Link router since DNS of Airtel router will be disabled.

Back