Aliexpress.com - Feedback Thread

Bought a watch off of a person, who had in turn bought it from aliexpress. This was more for tinkering than anything else. Now one lady at bangalore customs says she will not release the watch, even after sharing the payment info, which was around 50USD. She says it says rolex on the watch, so I will not clear it. I told her it was fake, so now she says thats not allowed in India. How can I sort this out? Any help guys?
I feel for you but unfortunately, this is what will become of the new India...it will be the same old India before 1991 of these uneducated buffoons taking advantage of consumer's plight

Bought a watch off of a person, who had in turn bought it from aliexpress. This was more for tinkering than anything else. Now one lady at bangalore customs says she will not release the watch, even after sharing the payment info, which was around 50USD. She says it says rolex on the watch, so I will not clear it. I told her it was fake, so now she says thats not allowed in India. How can I sort this out? Any help guys?
You are better off letting it go as legally you are on the dodgy side. You can get away with misspelled brands but this is outright a counterfeit product.

It's already on her wrist or in a gift box for somebody else. Better forget it.

Propose her and she might release the watch.... lure her of gifting more real Rolex espirits tissots etc.

Is the customs duty rate 78% regardless of what I purchase if I use a freight forwarder? I am thinking of importing a computer monitor from Amazon US using myUS freight forwarder

So, my AliExpress shipment (Ordered on 14-11-2020) finally arrived in India but in Mumbai instead of arriving in Kolkata directly. Now they have re-routed it to Kolkata Customs...

Capture.jpg

I'm guessing it will take another 10 days before it reaches Kolkata. :rolleyes:

Even if seller accepts paypal, will the parcel be delivered to our homes or be strangled with customs forever or until situation improves?

Even if seller accepts paypal, will the parcel be delivered to our homes or be strangled with customs forever or until situation improves?

As per my knowledge if you able to complete the transaction and seller will to ship - Once it is under Chinese Customs (if) they will send it back to seller....So NO.

Now if the seller have the stock in Turkey / Brussels etc place and shipped - Indian Customs will super alert and try to impose customs duty unless the item is really really small and low value.

And if the item is low value/small there is a chance the seller don't maintain stock out side china / shipping charges is really high.

One of my friend is coming to India from UK in 2 months so I am ordering all my Ali stuff to his address in UK. A lot of low/medium value items from Amazon USA including UK import duty is cheaper this way.

One of my friend is coming to India from UK in 2 months so I am ordering all my Ali stuff to his address in UK. A lot of low/medium value items from Amazon USA including UK import duty is cheaper this way.
whats the import duty if one imports stuff from US to UK ? is it cheaper then importing directly to india ?

whats the import duty if one imports stuff from US to UK ? is it cheaper then importing directly to india ?
Amazon tells you the shipping plus import duty on the product page. You can check individual products for that. I don't know if it is cheaper but a lot of US sellers don't ship to India and right now our govt is against imports so a friend in some other country is a better option. This will work only for low/medium value items though.

:)

you reminded me old days (early 2010s), when a friend used to bring such electronics stuff for me from USA.
Even sleevs/covers.
-
No nostalgia;
Its forced regression.
The illiterates in power are now downgrading us on everything.

:)

you reminded me old days (early 2010s), when a friend used to bring such electronics stuff for me from USA.
Even sleevs/covers.
-
No nostalgia;
Its forced regression.
The illiterates in power are now downgrading us on everything.
We are supposed to be atmanirbhar (self reliant) now. All the boycott is supposed to be done by us. They won't decrease the ridiculous taxes on iphone thus making Chinese smartphones less attractive for buyers, they won't reject 400 CR IPL sponsorship by VIVO, their favorite dog would run a show of boycotting China which is sponsored by VIVO and OPPO, they won't reduce fuel prices even a bit, they would make 10k crore Parliament building in Pandemic times, they would force us to donate in their personal fund called pm cares but provide no relief to middle class. But we are supposed to be atmanirbhar and should not even buy stuff which we need for our work like some damn adapter, some battery etc which is not available in self reliant India.

We are supposed to be atmanirbhar (self reliant) now. All the boycott is supposed to be done by us. They won't decrease the ridiculous taxes on iphone thus making Chinese smartphones less attractive for buyers, they won't reject 400 CR IPL sponsorship by VIVO, their favorite dog would run a show of boycotting China which is sponsored by VIVO and OPPO, they won't reduce fuel prices even a bit, they would make 10k crore Parliament building in Pandemic times, they would force us to donate in their personal fund called pm cares but provide no relief to middle class. But we are supposed to be atmanirbhar and should not even buy stuff which we need for our work like some damn adapter, some battery etc which is not available in self reliant India.
Atmnirbhar? Then take a flight to China, buy the item, come homeland, pay any duties, enjoy atmanirbhiarity!

According to 17track another package entered into the destination country, but it can't be tracked via India Post - Tracking ID is something SYRM********2 which is SUNYOU shipping method,
My ques

(1)is it really land here or just fake tracking OR is it going to seize by the authority?
(2)Can't track it at the India Post but earlier (post-pandemic) SUNYOU trackable and this one was.
(3)Look at the bottom line 'Pre Alert To India' - This was the same in the ALi - X tracking/ order page.

Below is the screenshot.

uDw8o2J.png

Back