Aliexpress.com - Feedback Thread

What is the process like in ordering from AliExpress through Shop and Ship? Can you kindly elaborate a little?
The process is the AliExpress order needs to be shipped to Singapore, Hongkong or any nearest location of shopandship & they will ship it to your address.

But the customs charges i have paid is more than 100% of the product including shipping.

So if your need is more important then go for it or look an alternative in india.

The process is the AliExpress order needs to be shipped to Singapore, Hongkong or any nearest location of shopandship & they will ship it to your address.

But the customs charges i have paid is more than 100% of the product including shipping.

So if your need is more important then go for it or look an alternative in india.
hey not everytime you need to pay high customs @Black_Hawk check dm
why will you ship a product from china to hongkong or singapre??
sns has a warehouse in shanghai, china ship it to that.

Last edited:
hey not everytime you need to pay high customs @Black_Hawk check dm
why will you ship a product from china to hongkong or singapre??
sns has a warehouse in shanghai, china ship it to that.
I had mentioned nearest shopandship location.

One issue with Shanghai is it takes lot of time to reach you. You should also remember that there are no direct flight connecting china to india.

try using shop and ship
I would suggest using delivo/bkicks instead. I checked some of the forwarding agents that you have suggested and they are just far too expensive, the price per kg and that too without customs included. Once foreign post office gets their hands on my parcel, god knows at what rate they will charge customs.
I bought a pair of replica sneakers with the box and shipped it to their china warehouse. It arrived in around 18 days. Total weight came to 1.7kg. Paid 2500 and nothing else, customs is already included in the per kg price. It then got delivered by tirupati couriers. They have warehouses in malaysia, uk, hk and the US as well. I'm pretty happy with it so far and will use them again in the coming months. Best to join the whatsapp group in the reddit post, most of the doubts can be cleared there and people have shipped electronics and other tidbits before too.

I had mentioned nearest shopandship location.

One issue with Shanghai is it takes lot of time to reach you. You should also remember that there are no direct flight connecting china to india.
For my past 16 orders, the average delivery time to India is 4 days. Aramex doesn't have any direct flights to India from China, and most sellers don't ship to Hong Kong citing high taxes, but I think they are bluffing.

FedEx is the fastest as they have a direct flight from China to Delhi takes 1 day.

Once foreign post office gets their hands on my parcel, god knows at what rate they will charge customs.

It doesn’t work like that, FYI. At least for me, it never worked like this.

ARAMEX is very straightforward in these matters. They will only fill in the value that you provide them. If the invoice is $20 USD, you will be charged customs based on that, with no BS of adding any random value.

Aramex doesn’t even add the shipping charges (if mentioned in the invoice) to the assessable value, but FedEx and DHL do add them. With FedEx, it's a hit and miss for adding the delivery charge to the assessable value.

But I have heard Indian Post slapping on random customs charges. I’ve never tried them, by the way.

For my past 16 orders, the average delivery time to India is 4 days. Aramex doesn't have any direct flights to India from China, and most sellers don't ship to Hong Kong citing high taxes, but I think they are bluffing.

FedEx is the fastest as they have a direct flight from China to Delhi takes 1 day.

Okay, when was it?

For the past 2 orders it took 8 days to process and reach another 2 days.

FedEx is fast & rates are also gorgeous.

ARAMEX is very straightforward in these matters. They will only fill in the value that you provide them. If the invoice is $20 USD, you will be charged customs based on that, with no BS of adding any random value.
But if some seller gives an undervalued invoice on buyer's instructions & buyer gave that same invoice to aramex then how will Indian customs let it go especially if difference between actual paid price & invoice value is significant.

Okay, when was it?

For the past 2 orders it took 8 days to process and reach another 2 days.

FedEx is fast & rates are also gorgeous.
last I ordered was in may, sometimes it takes a lot of time to travel between china to dubai due to shopping season I guess.
fedex costs about 32USD for 1 kg parcel from china to india.
But if some seller gives an undervalued invoice on buyer's instructions & buyer gave that same invoice to aramex then how will Indian customs let it go especially if difference between actual paid price & invoice value is significant.
its well understood that you dont declare it too low, for example customs are more keen on shoes, clothes and other items.

Last edited by a moderator:
its well understood that you dont declare it too low, for example customs are more keen on shoes, clothes and other items.
But that becomes guess work in many cases. For example, if someone ordered a $20 misc electronics stuff/pc part/something which looks quite "technical" to customs so will a $10 invoice or a $15 invoice will be fine or in extreme case customs may judge it as $40 product on actually paid $20 invoice.

But that becomes guess work in many cases. For example, if someone ordered a $20 misc electronics stuff/pc part/something which looks quite "technical" to customs so will a $10 invoice or a $15 invoice will be fine or in extreme case customs may judge it as $40 product on actually paid $20 invoice.
no it doesnt work like that , for pvt couriers it doesnt work like that maybe with Indian post it does.

last I ordered was in may, sometimes it takes a lot of time to travel between china to dubai due to shopping season I guess.
fedex costs about 32USD for 1 kg parcel from china to india.

Yeah, its not like that have heard numerous time people have underdeclared & keep held the whole assignment. In that case it takes more than 10days.

Has ordered an unique wallet the price was $2 but altogether it costed me Rs 2000.

Back