Amazon India - Feedback Thread

reducing unnecessary space. Details inside.
Amazon finally replied. The rep. this time told me that he will send the replacement for the product but ONLY AFTER I send them back the original item/they receive the ordered item. I was like "wtf? You high dude? The order is nowhere to be seen even after 3 friggin weeks! How the hell do you expect me to ship you something which i haven't even yet got in my hands?" I mean like seriously how the heck does one do that I really want to know?
Another rep. said the replacement has been shipped and I will receive it by the 5th Dec. (that would be over a month which is the second longest order delivery after Snapdeal's delayed ~2months delivery time which they cancelled) and again shipped by Speedpost. Sigh. Looks like things can't get done here without some verbal abuse. AmazonIN support used to be good.

Last edited:
Dont know if you have tried, but Tweet to them. Much better chance of getting the issue solved.
Can't. Staying away from fb/twitter till 2016.
Anyway seller said he will replace the items (keyboard+mouse) outside of Amazon but i will bear both shipping charges. Definitely not going to be worth it. I'll take this as a lesson and stay away from online purchases for ordinary deals.

Can't. Staying away from fb/twitter till 2016.
Anyway seller said he will replace the items (keyboard+mouse) outside of Amazon but i will bear both shipping charges. Definitely not going to be worth it. I'll take this as a lesson and stay away from online purchases for ordinary deals.
Dude its amazon. Why deal with dealer. Just press them more. You can go there and post your number along with complaint or ask someone to do it for you.

^because I've exceeded the returns time and Amazon is pretty strict in this regard. Nevertheless I will give it a shot (y)
Order has finally been delivered on the 24th day since placing it. *slow clap*. Nothing is wrong with the item/package this time. Meanwhile replacement is also on the way, they will want me to return it saying i will be refunded but will instead give me a voucher and not bank account credit. Sigh.

Last edited:
LOL! I got the replacement today. Its funny how their replacements always get delivered much earlier than expected than the original orders. Just my pure luck that my order went through some shipping problems. Tch!
Also did anyone else noticed? Amazon/Cloudtail has only 89% positive feedback. Its very shocking. Below average for me. Some sellers on ebay maintain a consistency of over 95-99% positive feedback for thousands of orders. True that the scale of orders is much higher but I'd expect AmazonIN to have at least over 95%.

Folks seem to be saying Amazon is better than FK these days but I've been ordering from FK for 5 years with good experiences always, including my latest DDR4 RAM order which I just posted on the FK thread.

I only just started ordering few items from Amazon this year (ADSL wifi router, PCIe wifi NIC etc) and while my initial orders were smooth I've now faced a (hopefully minor) problem with my current order(s):

Ordered a CPU and mobo (and some USB3 extension cables) on Thursday night:

CPU was delivered quickly reaching me yesterday (Saturday) afternoon (under 48 hours from Delhi to Pune!) but after opening the cardboard package (no thermocol or bubble wrap) the Intel blue coloured CPU box was unsealed/open already and a bit "beaten up" (wrinkled), heatsink was some other non-Skylake shape/design and looked old/used/dirty, CPU itself was probably Skylake but had "PENTIUM" stamped on it, so probably not the Core i5 6500 model I ordered.

5 minutes after receiving the CPU I placed a return+replacement request online and the pickup courier (both delivery and pickup by Amazon Transportation Services) came the next day (today/Sunday) afternoon to pick it up, and already this evening they confirmed "return received" and replacement order dispatch initiated. So Amazon seem to be making a good effort at least. Still a bit concerned though because the replacement is from the same seller (OnlineITking or MSM traders Delhi) even though it's Amazon Fullfilled :) Hoping this was an honest hiccup but seller feedback on AZ there are a few people with the similar complaints.

Second minor issue is the mobo seems to have gotten misrouted to Bhiwandi/Mumbai instead of Pune which might delay it by an extra day or two, else it too might have reached me by today/tomorrow already.

Fingers crossed for no further issues from Amazon...

Last edited:
^you'll get the replacement. Since the pickup was quick i expect that the replacement will also be quick. No idea about the other one.
btw, if you don't mind can you PM me the original order no. of the processor/and motherboard? I faced the SAME issue which has been solved. But they promised something and from your post its now known that they couldn't keep it. I feel that they should be confronted.

I'd rather not share the order number :pompus: - I should repeat that Amazon itself (at least the customer care part) seem to be making a very good effort to resolve this, the seller clearly made this error and their feedback seem to show a few other people with the same kind of problem (wrong and/or unsealed products delivered).

As far as "confronting" them, I did ping customer support via their online chat and they reassured me mistake will not be repeated and seller will be warned, and I want to wait a couple more days to get all my stuff. Don't want to cry wolf just yet - I don't mean to be complaining just yet :)

I'll post followup about my CPU and Mobo orders when I receive them and install/test.

Amazon Transportation Services is fantastic IMO. Two examples:

1) An order for grocery (placed during the 1st/2nd Super Value Day) was delivered at 9PM on one day (the courier guy called me beforehand)
2) They deliver on Sunday. Great job.

FK (ekart logistics) too seem to be good (at least in my cases), they delivered my RAM quite fast - ordered on Thursday late night and delivered today (Sunday) from Delhi to Pune.

I'd rather not share the order number :pompus: -
okay no problem.
I should repeat that Amazon itself (at least the customer care part) seem to be making a very good effort to resolve this, the seller clearly made this error and their feedback seem to show a few other people with the same kind of problem (wrong and/or unsealed products delivered).

As far as "confronting" them, I did ping customer support via their online chat and they reassured me mistake will not be repeated and seller will be warned

Except that its not the seller's fault but Amazon's. You said that the order was fulfilled by Amazon, no? Customers are made to believe that any problem with an Amazon-fulfilled product are seller's fault.
Truth is Amazon checks the item/package/etc before "fulfilling" the order. Tell me, if it really is the seller's fault why did Amazon continue to ship tampered goods before/without a proper inspection? Couldn't they have got the item replaced with a good/non-tampered one? And if they didn't do a proper checking what the hell is the use of claiming than a product is "Amazon fulfilled"? And do you think that sellers (would) love negative rep/feedback in their business?
Evidences clearly point to Amazon. At least I believe so.

See https://www.amazon.in/gp/help/customer/display.html/ref=hp_left_v4_sib?ie=UTF8&nodeId=200953360

It says "products are stored, packed and dispatched by Amazon" but that isn't clear on the "packed" part - what is packed? the seller packed box or just the outer brown packing? Anyways AZ does have packaging feedback separate from seller feedback too, will be definitely giving them negative feedback there (for the original delivery) - still waiting to see how the other CPU and mobo get delivered.[DOUBLEPOST=1449420275][/DOUBLEPOST]
Truth is Amazon checks the item/package/etc before "fulfilling" the order. Tell me, if it really is the seller's fault why did Amazon continue to ship tampered goods before/without a proper inspection?

Yeah, seems to be valid points.

I'm aware of that but from what I understand Amazon picks up the products (non-cloudtail stuff) from the sellers and maybe keep the products with them before shipping them to customers. That way the products are technically "stored with Amazon". Which also validated one of the points which i mentioned about Amazon not checking the items before shipping. This was also confirmed by a seller who told me that Amazon picks up the order from them and ships them, that is how a product is "fulfilled by Amazon". Either way its a pity that some genuine sellers are getting backlash from customers for Amazon's fault.

Second minor issue is the mobo seems to have gotten misrouted to Bhiwandi/Mumbai instead of Pune which might delay it by an extra day or two, else it too might have reached me by today/tomorrow already.
Is the courier delhivery? Had the same experience in Pune, those dumbwits took around 2weeks to send my stuff from Hyderabad to Pune.
My advice, do not give them any slack, bash them on twitter if you foresee a delay in your shipment, do not wait for your shipment to actually get delayed.

Courier is ATS here too. Maybe I'll start bashing them if I don't get it today :D it was showing as "reached Pune facility" late last night already.

Hello Experts - Please suggest what to Do in this situation.

I Ordered a Product on 1st Nov and it delivered successfully (very safe and secure with original importer box) 7th Nov - No prob there....My concern is when I realised price is over MRP according to the Price tag which is 512/- Extra...So I gave a negative seller review mentioning the price at the seller feedback page / option. On 24th Nov Amazon IN send me an Email by asking if I can send them a clear picture about the price Tag which to prove my claim - Upon receiving the mail I immediately send at least five picture to them that not only shows the Price Tag but the entire package as well Importer Address as well Amazon Receiving Address everything to prove my point - On 25th Nov they send Acknowledgement mail saying they passed the matter to the appropriate team and revert back to me with a update within 3-4 Business Day - But since then there is no communication.

Now I don't want to returned the product as it is fine and I need it for a Long Time... also I registered the product with my name and manufacturer Warranty started as well.

Now What are my Option here - What I need to ask them - Please suggest...

If anyone wondering the Seller is - Cloudtail - Amazon India Himself.

First of all, cloudtail is an joint venture between Amazon and ratan tata's personal investment arm.

Second of all, no retailer should/will charge above mrp prices. Amazon will issue you your money back. just wait for some time or else ping them once again.

Back