Amazon India - Feedback Thread

Tried Amazons same day delivery option and the order was delivered same day as promised.
It is impressive to see how they pack, ship and deliver on the same day
I placed this order around 9 AM and i received it around 5 PM.

Hello Experts - Please suggest what to Do in this situation.

I Ordered a Product on 1st Nov and it delivered successfully (very safe and secure with original importer box) 7th Nov - No prob there....My concern is when I realised price is over MRP according to the Price tag which is 512/- Extra...So I gave a negative seller review mentioning the price at the seller feedback page / option. On 24th Nov Amazon IN send me an Email by asking if I can send them a clear picture about the price Tag which to prove my claim - Upon receiving the mail I immediately send at least five picture to them that not only shows the Price Tag but the entire package as well Importer Address as well Amazon Receiving Address everything to prove my point - On 25th Nov they send Acknowledgement mail saying they passed the matter to the appropriate team and revert back to me with a update within 3-4 Business Day - But since then there is no communication.

Now I don't want to returned the product as it is fine and I need it for a Long Time... also I registered the product with my name and manufacturer Warranty started as well.

Now What are my Option here - What I need to ask them - Please suggest...

If anyone wondering the Seller is - Cloudtail - Amazon India Himself.

If the 3-4 business day's Amazon indicated as required for resolution have passed, you can contact them again via customer care and indicate that the time to resolution that they promised has passed without the problem being resolved. Amazon usually handles escalations rather promptly.

In cases where I was charged more than MRP, I just contacted customer care via live chat and they immediately gave me a gift card for the difference plus something extra for the inconvenience. I guess the rather significant difference between the sale price and the MRP is probably taking a bit longer to resolve.

^^^ Yes - There is no reply as of yet and the promised 3-4 Business Days Passed - I'm thinking replying the Last Email they send.

Just after posting here also realized another product (Non Electronics) - Priced MRP 200/- charged as 248/- during my order - 48/- Extra....and it 'Amazon Fulfilled' item but the seller is not Cloudtail - Any chance of success pursuing that one ? Kindly Advise.

^^^ Yes - There is no reply as of yet and the promised 3-4 Business Days Passed - I'm thinking replying the Last Email they send.
Just make sure that the e-mail address you are replying to is NOT one of those "no one will read" e-mail addresses that companies very often use. This is usually indicated somewhere in the e-mail usually towards the end. If it is one of those e-mails, contact customer care via Live Chat with the reference number of your complaint and they will help escalate.

Just after posting here also realized another product (Non Electronics) - Priced MRP 200/- charged as 248/- during my order - 48/- Extra....and it 'Amazon Fulfilled' item but the seller is not Cloudtail - Any chance of success pursuing that one ? Kindly Advise.

Just contact customer care via live chat and tell them that you have been charged more than MRP. They usually add a gift card to your account right away as long as the difference is not too much.

Just make sure that the e-mail address you are replying to is NOT one of those "no one will read" e-mail addresses that companies very often use. This is usually indicated somewhere in the e-mail usually towards the end. If it is one of those e-mails, contact customer care via Live Chat with the reference number of your complaint and they will help escalate.

Thanks for your help -

There is no complaint number as the Email came from Cloudtail - Amazon Marketplace (k67gyvxwrmd7njp@marketplace.amazon.in) due to 1/5 Seller Feedback and I'm just reply that mailed after reading your post here.

The mail at 24th Nov 2015 was without any complain through Customer Care from my side.

Hello,
>
> Greetings from Cloudtail India Private Limited.
> Cloudtail India is FBA (Fulfilled by Amazon) seller. Fulfilled by Amazon indicates that products are stored, packed and dispatched by Amazon.
>
> We understand you purchased PRODUCT NAME on 02-Nov-15. However, you shared a feedback regarding the product. We apologize for the inconvenience caused.
>
> We have taken up this issue with the concerned team and will work towards avoiding any such repeat instances in the future.
>
> Please note that we would be able to assist you in this regard if we have image of MRP on product that you have received.
>
> Thank you for contacting Cloudtail. Happy Shopping!
>
> Regards,
> Team Cloudtail

After Sending them the Picture of the MRP Label I get the Following Email at 25th Nov 2015.

Hello,

Greetings from Cloudtail India Private Limited.

Cloudtail India is FBA (Fulfilled by Amazon) seller. Fulfilled by Amazon indicates that products are stored, packed and dispatched by Amazon.

We apologize for the inconvenience caused.

We have taken up this issue with the concerned team and will revert with an update in the next 3-4 business days.

Once again we apologize for the inconvenience caused and will work towards avoiding any such repeat instances in the future.

Thank you for contacting Cloudtail. Happy Shopping!

Regards,
Team Cloudtail

So now do I need to contact customer care now ? Via Live Chat ?

Update ;-

Contact Amazon via Live chat

After explain my concern the Agent immediately asked for picture CS REPLY At AMAON dot IN

I send him email and looks like he was concerned too - After receiving the mail he asked me to wait when he was checking the picture - Then the chat window got disconnected <- I don't know how very suspicious - > A new agent came - when I explain can he understand that a customer charged over MRP ? he start writing that it depends on market rates as well there are some stocking / delivery fees / logistic fees etc etc.

After that I disconnect the chat window.

I Think that is it guys...

Update :- 12/12

Today I successfully got back my 512/- and 48/- from amazon after contacting the Chat Service and send them picture of the price tag to them.
They can't open any external link picture such as 'IMGUR' image hosting service hence need to send them as attachment as well there is CAP which is 10 MB.

Anyway for 512/- contacted* 2 Times
For 48/- contacted* 3 Times

*contacted = including picture upload via Email + Chat

I think you got bad luck. I bought a tennis ball packet and got charged more than mrp by 50rs. Contacted amazon and they told me to send a pic of the product. I said I threw it away but Im happy to search on net and attach a pic. amazon chat rep then told me he'll check it himself and after 5 mins he replied he's giving me a gift card worth the difference amount and apologized. amazon support rocks.

Flipkart used to be like this ..sigh.

^^ Thanks - Got my money back - That is all it matters now.
Though at first I didn't contact via Chat Channel - I thought this is it - got cheated and kept it quite, But thanks to this thread and suggestion of the fellow members I got my refund.

As I observe carefully about Amazon, say the item I purchased MRP is 200/- , when fulfilled by individual seller the price is still 200/- plus 48/- for shipping charges and then Amazon decided to Fulfilled it and they simply put it 248/- without looking further <- This is when the problem start....and for first time buyer there is no way to know actual price before opening the pack.

Today Amazon and it's OWN Courier sink to a new low - ATS is worse in my Area which is Kolkata / North 24 Pgs...as ATS Kolkata run by bunch of thieves.

Got Two Product in the Lightning Deal

ORDER # 403-5416268-8123533 Item : MTT 5 Port Intelligent USB Charging Hub Station for Smartphone, Tablets and Portable Devices (Black)
and ORDER # 403-2710280-5098764 Item : Lightning to USB Camera Adapter, MD821ZM/A

Today 23/12 around 9:58 AM My two product are out for delivery and around 15:54 it is delivered to me.

and status was 'Package was handed directly to customer' in both cases - But neither the product nor the delivery boy shows up at my door step....or no phone call either.

Immediately after informing this to customer care via Chat they told me to wait until 5th January 2016 - Now I have only there chat transcript for proof.

What to do ? In this situation ?

----------

After this incident I doubt I will ever gather any courage to order anything from Amazon ..... COD is not available in my area.

Total Money I will be loosing if those product not recovered 3500/- approx.

05:39 PM IST Gopal(Amazon): Hello, my name is Gopal. I'll certainly try to help regarding your concern.
May I know your concern , so that I can help you in the best way ?
05:40 PM IST Arijit Banik: I Like to inform you about my
ORDER #
403-5416268-8123533 Item : MTT 5 Port Intelligent USB Charging Hub Station for Smartphone, Tablets and Portable Devices (Black)

ORDER # 403-2710280-5098764 Item : Lightning to USB Camera Adapter, MD821ZM/A

It is out for Delivery Toaday and now it Delivered - but I neither received any phone Call from your ATS delivery Boy nor those product reached to me - They just Steal those two products.

How it is possible ????
05:41 PM IST Gopal: I am sorry to hear that your order status is showing delivered but in actual , it has not been delivered to you .
05:41 PM IST Arijit Banik: yes...I did not received my product
05:42 PM IST Gopal: Please don't worry , as I am here to help you with your concern .
05:42 PM IST Arijit Banik: How this possible when ATS handling those product delivery ?
05:43 PM IST Arijit Banik: it is Amazon own delivery system
not 3rd party courior.
05:45 PM IST Gopal: I can understand your concern and I agree with your worry ,as even I would have been at your place then I would have also felt the same , please trust me, as we will definitely take the needful actions to resolve your concern as soon as possible on higher priority .
05:46 PM IST Gopal: I don't intend to rush you , I hope we are still connected .
05:46 PM IST Arijit Banik: yes..
05:47 PM IST Arijit Banik: please let me know the next step -
because this is first time it happen with me after ordering so much product
05:49 PM IST Gopal: I can understand your worry Arijit and I am really sorry for the experience that you have faced it from our side , please don't worry , as you will definitely receive your products , as we are here to help you with your concern .
05:50 PM IST Arijit Banik: My concern is when I will receive my product ?
05:52 PM IST Gopal: I would request you to wait by 5 January 2016 , I assure you that by the given time frame , we will deliver your product to you .
05:53 PM IST Arijit Banik: Then change the order status .
05:54 PM IST Gopal: Arijit , please don't worry ,as we will seriously look into this and we will try our best to resolve your concern as soon as possible on higher priority .
05:56 PM IST Arijit Banik: Ok...I will not sit quietly till then unless you change the order status - Will publish my concern to many online forum as well Social media and even going to complain it amazon US face book page too,will you ready to deal all this ?
05:58 PM IST Gopal: Arijit , I would not be able to comment on this , however , please be assured as we will take care of your concern and we will do our best to sort it at earliest .
05:59 PM IST Arijit Banik: ok then give me docket id or something...
so that I know my concern is going to work
06:01 PM IST Gopal: Okay , please don't worry , I will send you the transcript of this chat conversation to you as proof, as we don't support system of docket id or ticket no .
Would that be okay ?
06:02 PM IST Arijit Banik: chat transcript will automatically sended to email....
it is auto enabled .
06:04 PM IST Gopal: Okay , I will send you an email regarding your concern that " you have not received the package yet and it's showing the status delivered and it will be delivered to you by 5 January 2016 " .
Would that be okay ?
06:05 PM IST Arijit Banik: Ok...Till now will you able to detect the product where about or name of the ATS Guy who is doing the delivery today at those order ?
06:06 PM IST Arijit Banik: Or name of the incharge ?
will you investigate ?
06:08 PM IST Gopal: Please be assured as we will definitely look into this concern and this is the normal criteria for the investigation and we will do our best to resolve it as soon as possible .
06:09 PM IST Arijit Banik: Ok...Send the Email as you mentioned two lines back - OK - I will wait.
06:09 PM IST Gopal: Sure, I will send it to you .
Please allow me a moment to do it for you .
06:13 PM IST Arijit Banik: ok got the mail.
06:13 PM IST Gopal: Thank you for staying connected .
06:14 PM IST Gopal: I hope you have received the email .
06:14 PM IST Arijit Banik: Yes Received the mail.
06:15 PM IST Gopal: Please be assured that we will take care of your concern and we will try our best to resolve your concern as soon as possible .
06:15 PM IST Arijit Banik: So now I'm going to End this Chat ? Right ?
06:15 PM IST Gopal: Is there anything else I may help you with?
06:16 PM IST Arijit Banik: no not at the moment - Thank you - Let See.
Thank you.
Amazon.in

Now they also send Email which added below;

Hello,

I’m sorry that you’ve not received the item yet.

I’ve checked the tracking and see that the package was delivered at the mentioned address and was signed for by you . Please check with your family members, neighbors and building security/reception, security and mail room if they have collected the package on your behalf.

I request you to please wait till 5 January 2016 for the package to be delivered.

If you do not get the package by 5 January 2016 , please contact us. Here is the link where you can reach out to us:

www.amazon.in/contactus

I hope this helps.

Warmest regards,
Gopal S

Last edited:
why don't you call the courier guys and ask them to whom they have "delivered" your product?

To do that I need to receive the Number first - Via SMS I didn't and when I ask about that in chat session they don't as they asking me not to Worry about anything - you can see the script there.

Below the SMS Screen.

SRko4qP.png

And Most Unfortunate Part is the first order number I mentioned, There is another item which will land here in Kolkata Today and that suppose to deliver tomorrow - That again going to land to ATS Delivery Guys pocket....The remaining item is Belkin 6 port surge protector.

Below adding some snap of my order page

Pic 1
eN35DqJ.png

Pic 2

S9dHAUm.png

Last edited:
Today I like to conclude my Post here -

I like to report that Amazon IN Customer Care Handle my case very professionally and they see through as they promised and at the End I received my products.

Now I chronologically post the steps to help others - if they face something like these.

23/12 - 3 PM - Two SMS (as there is two product) received with FAKE Delivery Made - As Well Email.

23/12 - 6 PM - Contacted Customer Care and complained everything as well post at their face Book Page.

24/12 - 4 PM - Received Two SMS as well Email stated - Adresse was not available so delivery was unsuccessful...but we will be attempting another....(This point I see the first ray of hope)

25/12 - 11 PM - Out For Delivery SMS received NOW WITH ALL DETAIL WITH THE DELIVERY BOY AND HIS CONTACT NUMBER - which is missing at Day 1.

25/12 - 3 PM Product Landed at my Doorstep - The Delivery Guy come without asking any direction / phone call - He just able to locate my home without the need of help - very strange.

---Neither he said one word nor did I and signed the package & he left ---- Though there is no change in the Order Page as it stayed the same, all delivery done at 23/12 - WednesDay.

My Thought here - This is a Trial for Big Robbery and they (ATS Kolkata) miserably failed in front of Mighty Amazon Mangement. My Faith restored to amazon again.

P.S - Remaining 2nd Item (Belkin Surge Protector) also delivered normally on 24th by a different guy....with proper SMS/ Phone Call Direction etc.

Last edited:
Ordered a small item and delivery was by amazon transportation services.
The guy had no clue where to come and he was on a cycle in such cold weather.
Some 3rd party delivery service on a cycle, forgot the name.

First he fakes delivery attempted. Upon calling the customer care, they assure me it will be delivered.
Got a call from the guy to come to a location half kilometer away as he doesnt know the area.
Had to get the item so went there and took it.

Such is Amazon now. :rolleyes:

Just a query -
Has anyone seen seller feedback being deleted?

I recently bought a product (which was shipped by seller) and I felt that the seller did something unethical.
The product is fine but looks little old(it really does not matter for this kind of product) but the import + MRP label was taken off. I could clearly see that mark.
I felt that the seller did that to sell the product at the latest price and as per law, MRP has to be mentioned.

So I left a 3/5 review in seller feedback and mentioned what had been done (around 10days back). Now I see that the feedback is no longer there.
Has anyone seen something similar happening on Amazon?

TIL AmazonIN has pickup services for product returns in my hometown, Imphal. Its great. The pickup is handled by BlueDart and will come on Monday.

Just a query -
Has anyone seen seller feedback being deleted?

I recently bought a product (which was shipped by seller) and I felt that the seller did something unethical.
The product is fine but looks little old(it really does not matter for this kind of product) but the import + MRP label was taken off. I could clearly see that mark.
I felt that the seller did that to sell the product at the latest price and as per law, MRP has to be mentioned.

So I left a 3/5 review in seller feedback and mentioned what had been done (around 10days back). Now I see that the feedback is no longer there.
Has anyone seen something similar happening on Amazon?
actually I asked amazon about this in the past and amazon has said that it deletes reviews which talk about delivery issues and refund issues since it wasts reviews only related to the product and not about delivery problems.

for eg, if you go to nutella page and review that taste is not good for the price, your review will be published. But if you go to nutella page and write in the reviews that product is good but delivery boy was late and he didnt knew my address before hand, the review might get deleted.

actually I asked amazon about this in the past and amazon has said that it deletes reviews which talk about delivery issues and refund issues since it wasts reviews only related to the product and not about delivery problems.

for eg, if you go to nutella page and review that taste is not good for the price, your review will be published. But if you go to nutella page and write in the reviews that product is good but delivery boy was late and he didnt knew my address before hand, the review might get deleted.

I did not write a product review. I wrote this in 'Sellers feedback/review' as it was about the seller rather than the product (Have mentioned the same in the original post).

Waited for 4 days for return pickup but no word from the BlueDart courier people. Lodged a complaint with Amazon yesterday who told me that my complaint has been put on priority and that I will get a call from BlueDart within 24hrs.
Meanwhile my order of the new ADSL2 router has reached. I thought that I bought it from a seller "NTPltd" but the invoice says "Cloudtail." I intentionally avoided buying from Cloudtail and chose another seller but they apparently put my order on their store anyway. :mad:

Back