AMD Ryzen 5000 (Zen 3) processors Official launch | Where Gaming begins. (October 8, 9:30 PM)

The price difference between US launch and india including (18%) tax comes to around 5,000 Rs.
I was initially planning to get it from U.S .
Should i still go with the initial plan or spend extra 5K and be safe (damage wise) ?
Also with benchmarks coming out , 5600x looks good and neck and neck with 5800x , but the real difference starts when using cpu intensive ones.. But i do use PS , video encoding occassionaly , but does the premium justify to go for 5800x ? I am pretty torn here..

Also can someone suggest a good mobo to pair with Ryzen 5000 series in terms of good components and features.. I have already ruled out x570 Mobos.. So any good B550 ones ?
I would suggest the MSI x570 Which is in the top of the charts for thermals and really giving competitions to even 700USD motherboards. b550 is also good but only 1 pcie 4 rest will be gen 4. for b550 I will suggest MSI B550 Motar

I would suggest the MSI x570 Which is in the top of the charts for thermals and really giving competitions to even 700USD motherboards. b550 is also good but only 1 pcie 4 rest will be gen 4. for b550 I will suggest MSI B550 Motar
From most of the reviews i saw GEN 4 NVME arent that up there yet to justify its high price also. So just going to stick to gen 3 good NVME (1 or 2 TB) .. So thats why i and from most reviews also sticking to B550.

Get x570 boards from us, the high end ones, difference is huge. Yes warranty will be a issue, but I have bought plenty of mobos from there ans never had issues.
I too thought of it , but my brother was hesistant as he cant able to take care of mobo in transit.. , since i was planning to get other items also from there.
Thanks though
If someone can test it at a microcenter or some other store & get that for you, why not? I think AMD processors have international warranty, so you should be good on that front too.

Regarding which one to buy, that totally depends on your budget. If you want to save money & primary purpose if gaming, putting the extra dough on graphics card would be a better idea. Also, 5600X is no slouch in productivity too so you are good on that front too.
Yeah , Since CPU is small , and doesnt add much weight and i cant save 5K rs , i might ask him to get it from there. Wish it didnt come with fan like other 5 series CPU. Will ask him to dump the cooler there anyway.
Already planned for 3080 RTX , but now AMD radeon releases are changing my mind big time , that too its synergy with AMD CPU cant be take lightly. Wish Radeon GPU have enough stock.
My primary aim is to dump max money on GPU , but luckily with nvidia , amd fighting and thier GPU`s outmatching all older GPU , its awesome time to buy a gpu(if in stock :) )
Wish mobo is also good , but cant decide upon it.. Currently going through all reviews on youtube to see which has good components and features (VRM , cooling etc)

Last edited:
AMD has really outdone themselves this time. The more I am reading the reviews the more I am getting impressed with how much AMD has achieved in this generation on the same node.

Ryzen 9 5950X despite having official peak of 4.9GHz is already hitting 5.0 - 5.05Ghz automatically & consistently. This is despite it consuming similar power as a 3950X. What's more the 5600X is performing on par with 5950X in games at greater than Full HD resolutions & not just that... it is doing so at 10W less than a 3600. How? Just for context, 5600X is performing better than an i9 10900K in most of the games. 5600X consumes 76W & 10900K consumes 251W. Let that sink in.

This is some next level black magic, voodoo shit right here... Amazing.

They totally deserve the extra premium in my opinion. Wish I had an actual use case of upgrading to one of these from my R5 1600.

Source: https://www.anandtech.com/show/1621...ive-review-5950x-5900x-5800x-and-5700x-tested

AMD has really outdone themselves this time. The more I am reading the reviews the more I am getting impressed with how much AMD has achieved in this generation on the same node.

Ryzen 9 5950X despite having official peak of 4.9GHz is already hitting 5.0 - 5.05Ghz automatically & consistently. This is despite it consuming similar power as a 3950X. What's more the 5600X is performing on par with 5950X in games at greater than Full HD resolutions & not just that... it is doing so at 10W less than a 3600. How? Just for context, 5600X is performing better than an i9 10900K in most of the games. 5600X consumes 76W & 10900K consumes 251W. Let that sink in.

This is some next level black magic, voodoo shit right here... Amazing.

They totally deserve the extra premium in my opinion. Wish I had an actual use case of upgrading to one of these from my R5 1600.

Source: https://www.anandtech.com/show/1621...ive-review-5950x-5900x-5800x-and-5700x-tested
thier common cache design is working wonders i guess...

1-Slide-7.jpg

Only small gripe is wish they kept the price of 5800X a little lower than current 450$.. IT could have been a great hit for AMD. Even Gamer Nexus for saying on that line..

thier common cache design is working wonders i guess...
It sure as hell is. Just imagine what this architecture can do at 5nm.

Only small gripe is wish they kept the price of 5800X a little lower than current 450$.. IT could have been a great hit for AMD. Even Gamer Nexus for saying on that line..
I think AMD is really trying to actively push 5800X buyers towards a 5900X with this move. Once the dust has settled & the stocks return to normal level they will end up pricing it appropriately.

Last edited:
sort of true. but they I think they invest this in to next RND as they are small in compare to other 2 companies.

The 5800x is a single chiplet design so it needs to be a perfect chip, whereas the 5900 x is a twin chiplet design so it can take the not so perfect chiplets and add them into (7+5) or (6+6) Configs.
Since it would be logical to use the perfect 8 core chiplet in a 5800x or a 5950x.
By that sense the 5900x is comparitevely cheaper when compared to the 5800x and not the other way around.

The 5800x is a single chiplet design so it needs to be a perfect chip, whereas the 5900 x is a twin chiplet design so it can take the not so perfect chiplets and add them into (7+5) or (6+6) Configs.
Since it would be logical to use the perfect 8 core chiplet in a 5800x or a 5950x.
By that sense the 5900x is comparitevely cheaper when compared to the 5800x and not the other way around.
true.. But if it was little lower than current price , it would have been a great deal those who want a bit of gaming and computing power cpu.. Those who can afford 5800 , will go higher up and those who prefer gaming will stick to 5600x , like me.. I would have gone 5800x if it was little cheaper.. But at present there is no stocks in U.S sites i think..
Is it usually like this or its happening now only ?

LOL.

EmLRDOYXYAErdeX.jpg
Oh nooooo! I guess AMD didn't learn anything from Nvidia's recent screwups. What a shame. Definitely didn't expect this tbh.
For those interested gtek has some in stock. Prices will be higher than others.

Last edited:
Check der8eur yt video, Gigabyte extreme edition is the best for thermals.

Back