Android Mobile Phone Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ya bro i tried it...Still not working for me dude..

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

Guys i have ZTE blade and i have Vodafone Live active on my card...Will Gtalk and Gmail work on Vodafone live?

If yes then how?

Yay 3g and Android is the best combination. Activated vodafone 3g and downloaded a 500mb torrent in a matter of minutes on my Desire HD.

rocky_pratik said:
Ya bro i tried it...Still not working for me dude..

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

Guys i have ZTE blade and i have Vodafone Live active on my card...Will Gtalk and Gmail work on Vodafone live?

If yes then how?
Nope, VL use proxy to connect, you'd need VMC for apps to work.

Locus is a very good application with which we can view google, yahoo and even nokia ovi maps and can even save maps for offline viewing. No messy on PC work, just select the area, zoom levels and download the maps on SD card directly.

Download of maps recommended over 3G/Wifi connection if you plan to download lots of zoom levels.

Very cool application.

Hey guys, this has nothing to do with Android, but my LG PC Suite doesn't sync with LG Optimus One. I mean when I try to sync the PC Suite Crashes. So any Optimus One holder facing the same problem??

One more thing, I don't know whether this is a problem, the LG Firmware update tool detects Country as United States when I tried to update to new firmware v10d.

Google contacts is very handy! :) You could try creating contact groups in gmail now.. it helps while sending group sms. :eek:hyeah:

Does anyone here face issues of some apps randomly starting in background for no apparent reason ?

I just checked my task manager (which comes default in FLB ROM) and it shows me apps like DropBox, Titanium Backup, Maps Appbrain App Market which i never opened after last reboot. For some odd reason, android assistant does not show these apps as running :S

Also it has been ensured that some of the apps liek Maps etc are killed at system startup still they start themselves later on.

Also in Titanium backup, there are things mentioned whether it is installed or not like BusyBox etc etc and in that there is DropBox too but it says NO for me even when drop box is installed on my phone

I've also found certain apps (services mostly) that run in the bg even though you've never started them or killed them... Doesn't bother me anymore. Have grown tired of task killers :p Its better off without them

Hello Mates,

I had recently shifted to Android and using LG optimous one P500

I am facing quite strange problem. GPRS is activated in my mobile and settings are also saved. I am able to access net through browser; it opens all sites.

However, other apps in the mobile are not able to access the connection. Whenever any other app need to use internet connection it gives network connection error..

other than browser, no app like gmail, facebook app, tapatalk etc is able to use connection..

Could anyone hint whats going wrong.!!

PS : idea is the service provider..

ashvarybabul said:
I am facing quite strange problem. GPRS is activated in my mobile and settings are also saved. I am able to access net through browser; it opens all sites.

However, other apps in the mobile are not able to access the connection. Whenever any other app need to use internet connection it gives network connection error..
Maybe you need to change the proxy setting. Try removing the proxy IP address from the GPRS connection settings. I had a problem where official browser and market was unable to connect to internet, removing proxy IP resolved the problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back