Android Mobile Phone Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks Freefag .. i guess 17.9k aint too bad then .. besides I can hammer on this shopkeeper if anything goes wrong .. :p

Defy w00t:D

I have installed Go SMS Pro on my phone but am not able to figure out as to how should i enable the inbox, sent, drafts type interface in that :S

Can anyone help ???

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

Never mind...got it....it has a icon at the bottom of conversation and i was fiddling with the setting trying to figure out :ashamed:

Is there any android application which syncs with google tasks / reminders and reminds us at time mentioned ? Something which will show up directly on screen and will also wake up the phone light ??

Stock google calendar does provide alert where a ringtone comes but the phone light does not come on.

How about something like Locale or Tasker, while they won't work when the phone is off, they are location aware programs that can turn apps on and off based on time and location and other things.

^^That is fine but i find it ridiculously stupid that android phones through being touted as awesome and what not, lack most basic stuff which for any person migrating from any other OS would think that it would be obviously available.
1. Alarm when phone is off.
2. Non threaded SMS view. I am not at all using the stock SMS app and using GO SMS Pro which has folder view.
3. No proper offline GPS navigation app (at least for India).Dont know about others but Nokia has OVI Maps and navigation and that too free vis-a-vis google navigation which is ONLY ONLINE and not available in India. But i am using a workaround from XDA forums to make Navigation work in India.
Need to find others....anyone else may add their.
PS: Not criticizing since i myself own an android handset but just the things i find lacking :(

raksrules said:
^^That is fine but i find it ridiculously stupid that android phones through being touted as awesome and what not, lack most basic stuff which for any person migrating from any other OS would think that it would be obviously available.

1. Alarm when phone is off.

2. Non threaded SMS view. I am not at all using the stock SMS app and using GO SMS Pro which has folder view.

3. No proper offline GPS navigation app (at least for India).Dont know about others but Nokia has OVI Maps and navigation and that too free vis-a-vis google navigation which is ONLY ONLINE and not available in India. But i am using a workaround from XDA forums to make Navigation work in India.

Need to find others....anyone else may add their.
PS: Not criticizing since i myself own an android handset but just the things i find lacking :(
While agree with you to a certain point ;)

I don't think you could buy any phone with an OS that doesn't have a feature missing that you want.

While I would also like a perfect phone :p I choose the one that has as many of the features I need, and the one's that are most important to me that are available in my budget range.

Has anyone got any idea about the new battery provided with Desire S, whether it is a direct fit on Original Desire, like Galaxy S & SL Battery

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk

techno_guy said:
how to save photos and videos on sd card ?

mine gets saved in some unknown folder
As in? You're trying to transfer photos from your pc to phone? If so, then just place it any folder (except the ones that begin with a dot)

All your camera pics will be stored in DCIM

blueren said:
As in? You're trying to transfer photos from your pc to phone? If so, then just place it any folder (except the ones that begin with a dot)
All your camera pics will be stored in DCIM
no i wanted to transfer photos taken from the cam to pc
got it thanks

In my Galaxy S,when a call came, i had option to cancel it with a predefined message being sent automatically,from the call screen itself....i think it was part of the Samsung TouchWiz.Is there any 3rd party application to do the same as i need it badly for my Nexus S??

Also, which is the best swypable keyboard now?? SlideIt is decent, but looks crap.Plz lemme know if any alternative is there.

Thanx and regards

Imrahn

For me the best keyboard is swype without a doubt, also the stock keyboard that comes with the sense UI is good, I keep switching between the two.

M using Samsung Galaxy SL i9003, how to hide sms incoming outgoing logs from the Log, i just want call logs to be diplayed. Cant find any way..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back