Android Mobile Phone Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
hi guys i tried to install indroid custom rom on my galaxy 3. but odin not recognizing my phone what to do,is there any another tool for rooting

sumedhmumbai said:
i Get Annoying service provider messages usage stats on Airtel Prepaid for internet usages How to disable them ???
Once you have data enabled you get that volume used message only after you have disconnected the data. So should not bother if you have net connected continuously and that is something which is like part of prepaid. I am thinking that post paid users may not be getting such messages.

Btw i dont get such messages in tata docomo prepaid too.

Guys I had never seen the notifications about updates of apps that were pre installed In my lg optimus one... Willing to know how do they get updated, if they...

Sent from my LG-P500 using Tapatalk

m.khurana said:
^ go to market>settings>Notification>Notify Me
The setting is already on since long..

But as per my observation it notifys only for the apps downloaded from the market and not for the pre installed ones

Sent from my LG-P500 using Tapatalk

^^Not really. In my case it also tells me to update apps that i have downloaded from after market sources, offcourse i cannot update it as they ask for money :p

raksrules said:
^^Not really. In my case it also tells me to update apps that i have downloaded from after market sources, offcourse i cannot update it as they ask for money :p
Huh.. never found any pre installed app other than google map getting updated..

krishnandu said:
Hey how's ROM Manager?? Does it work flawlessly?? I mean, I'm really afraid of flashing Custom ROM. So didn't flashed it yet, just wanted to know should I go manual way or ROM Manager works fine??
I prefer manual way, ROM manager messed up my phone numerous times. Manual installation via recovery is much better. BTW which phone?

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

bsd said:
hi guys i tried to install indroid custom rom on my galaxy 3. but odin not recognizing my phone what to do,is there any another tool for rooting
Getting your phone recognized in ODIN is a big head ache, experienced the same when I had spica. All you need is Samsung USB Drivers, hunt for them in Samdroid forums.

5k? Android? lol. Well, you could try the micromax andro. But trust me, flushing down the 5k in the toilet would bring you more satisfaction than buying that phone :p

Cloud-S said:
Which is the best Android phone I can get around 5K?
None. I mean the cheapest Android phone is more than 5K. And that is definitely not worth it. If you are tight on budget, I would suggest saving up for a few months and then getting a decent Android. If not, then look at some of Nokia's recent launches in that price range. They are great value for money.

Cloud-S said:
Which is the best Android phone I can get around 5K?
Well, as the members above me answered about the budget issues, here's something you can do, increase your budget a little bit and hunt for second hand Android mobiles, you can find quite a few of them in members market section of the forum too.

There are some good deals on Samsung Spica & HTC wildfire etc. Check them out. :)

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk

raksrules said:
Once you have data enabled you get that volume used message only after you have disconnected the data. So should not bother if you have net connected continuously and that is something which is like part of prepaid. I am thinking that post paid users may not be getting such messages.
Btw i dont get such messages in tata docomo prepaid too.
i just ported from docomo to airtel because of bad covarage of tata DOCOMo in mumbai
In airtel the message is very regular..unlock after 3 hrs will result in5 min discaring these notifications

heyy guys for past few weeks I am seeing LG Optimus 2X commercial on TV and everything I could see in the ad was the phone is connected to a plasma TV or some big screen.

I want to know whether all android mobiles can do so or only Optimus 2X ?

Is it possible to do so on my Sanfrancisco?

The new stock of Dual Core phone are all coming out with HDMI out .. and only they have the processing power to handle it.

The SF is immensely underpowered for such a task.

I am using BSNL 3G with my android phone and sometimes it happens that the H sign in status bar just goes (effectively Internet stops) even if data is enabled. So under such conditions i have to stop the data enabling (settings -> wireless and network -> data enabled) and again restart it for the H to appear again and net to start working.
What causes this ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back