Android Mobile Phone Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I didnt know that.. No data connection in My ATM!!
<

Will move to Airtel/Idea 3G and check it..

Right now, I dont use GPS at all!

Guys i have been using my Samsung Galaxy S2 for a month now and have tried quite a few screen guards...

The first one i had installed was the free one which i got with my Capdase case i dont complain much about that as it was free, then i had purchased a Adpo screen guard it was recommended by my friend, the Adpo screen guard worked well for few days but after a week or two, there was a big scratch on the center of the screen guard and there were lots of fingerprint marks, then i purchased an amzer screen guard from flipkart honestly it is the worst i have ever used it is making my beautiful amoled screen look like an old crt monitor...

I would really appreciate If you all can mention the screen guards which is currently applied on your phone...

or should I just use my phone without any screen guard as it is Gorilla Glass

Use it naked. I hate scratch guards.
<

Gorilla glass just gave me an excuse not to use one on my Galaxy S too. IMO scratch guards not only mess up the screen, but more importantly, no matter how well it shows the screen brightness/colors, it will make the touch experience worse.

Disclaimer: Don't blame me if you end up with a scratch on your screen though.
<
Remember, Gorilla glass is scratch-resistant and not scratch-proof.
<

Use it naked. I hate scratch guards.
<

Gorilla glass just gave me an excuse not to use one on my Galaxy S too. IMO scratch guards not only mess up the screen, but more importantly, no matter how well it shows the screen brightness/colors, it will make the touch experience worse.

Disclaimer: Don't blame me if you end up with a scratch on your screen though.
<
Remember, Gorilla glass is scratch-resistant and not scratch-proof.
<

yeah i am not planning on using anymore scratchguards, and it does mess up the touch experience and how it was meant to be used...Thanks for the advice.

Guys i have been using my Samsung Galaxy S2 for a month now and have tried quite a few screen guards...

The first one i had installed was the free one which i got with my Capdase case i dont complain much about that as it was free, then i had purchased a Adpo screen guard it was recommended by my friend, the Adpo screen guard worked well for few days but after a week or two, there was a big scratch on the center of the screen guard and there were lots of fingerprint marks, then i purchased an amzer screen guard from flipkart honestly it is the worst i have ever used it is making my beautiful amoled screen look like an old crt monitor...

I would really appreciate If you all can mention the screen guards which is currently applied on your phone...

or should I just use my phone without any screen guard as it is Gorilla Glass

Which Amzer guard did you used. I am using Amzer Anti glare screen gaurd on my O2x and quite liked it.

It has a kind of matte finish, anti glare and is makes a touch experience different than the regular glossy ones. My frnds and cousin reported that they liked the bit different touch feel.

BTW, did you try this?? http://scratchgard.in/

I had not used, but a frnd reported that they are quite good.. they will give a free replacement if it peels off by itself (as told)
<

Another name is zaggshield.. heard a lot from hi fi apple users
<

Which Amzer guard did you used. I am using Amzer Anti glare screen gaurd on my O2x and quite liked it.

It has a kind of matte finish, anti glare and is makes a touch experience different than the regular glossy ones. My frnds and cousin reported that they liked the bit different touch feel.

BTW, did you try this?? http://scratchgard.in/

I had not used, but a frnd reported that they are quite good.. they will give a free replacement if it peels off by itself (as told)
<

Another name is zaggshield.. heard a lot from hi fi apple users
<

I am using the same amzer anti glare screen guard but did not know it was a matte finish until i actually got it, the guard is great for texting and typing as you do not get many fingerprint marks or smudges. But it does not make you feel like you are using a super amoled screen.

Zaggshield is for 1.6k on ebay so it is tottaly out of my budget currently.

I am using the same amzer anti glare screen guard but did not know it was a matte finish until i actually got it, the guard is great for texting and typing as you do not get many fingerprint marks or smudges. But it does not make you feel like you are using a super amoled screen.

Zaggshield is for 1.6k on ebay so it is tottaly out of my budget currently.

Yeah! Thats the issue with Amzer.. screen looks like having croma noise.. not at all good for multimedia purpose etc..

try your luck with scratchgard.in and lemme also know the feedback before I switch to it
<

Yeah! Thats the issue with Amzer.. screen looks like having croma noise.. not at all good for multimedia purpose etc..

try your luck with scratchgard.in and lemme also know the feedback before I switch to it
<

I will give you a small review when i try the screenguard from scratchgard.in.
<

Guys, I want to install Terminal IDE on my HTC Explorer. However I only have around 60 MB internal memory free and when I install it it drops to few KBs. I've rooted my droid and installed link2sd and titanium backup.

Any suggestions?

Guys is there anyway I can time my mobile to go into silent mode in the night in case I forget to do it myself.

I remember in my earlier Nokia models I had the option to set timer for profiles like silent mode etc. These are for the days when I may forget to put mobile in silent mode in the night.

Guys is there anyway I can time my mobile to go into silent mode in the night in case I forget to do it myself.

I remember in my earlier Nokia models I had the option to set timer for profiles like silent mode etc. These are for the days when I may forget to put mobile in silent mode in the night.

There is juice defender.

any better recommendations?

I'm to looking for something like this.

Sent from my Blade using Tapatalk

Can anyone let me know the app for blocking the calls which will give the message to caller like out of range or something like that.

The apps that i find now have other options of calling like pickup and hangup, or mute.

I tried to install terminalide again and free memory dropped to 78kb.

Actually the problem is when I try to install system then installation fails.

Please help guys, it's driving me crazy.

If you using custom rom on CM7 it has a option of quiet hours.

Under CM settings> Sound > Quite hours

Can anyone let me know the app for blocking the calls which will give the message to caller like out of range or something like that.

The apps that i find now have other options of calling like pickup and hangup, or mute.

Call Cheater is the app that might help you

I am new to Android (has been using Symbian for quite a long time). I am puzzled by the lack of support for pls & m3u playlists in the default Android music player. I don't know if I am doing something wrong, but the default player doesn't list the playlists. Can I do something to overcome this? I tried Winamp, and it displays the playlists. But the lack of EQ in the free version makes it unusable for me.

try the MIUI music player. it definitely had m3u support when I used a long time ago. Don't know if it still has. Also has a nice EQ.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back