Apple Event — September 14, 2021

Will they still keep the the apple watch series 3 in the lineup & drop series 6 like they did with series 5 & 4 last year? Any price cuts announced on series 3 or SE?

Will they still keep the the apple watch series 3 in the lineup & drop series 6 like they did with series 5 & 4 last year? Any price cuts announced on series 3 or SE?

Series 3 is still there but I would honestly refrain from buy the series 3 at this point. I have one and it does work fine for my use and it is now 4 years old and battery is not that great but upgrading even watchOS versions require you to unpair and pair again the watch due to it only 8GB memory.

Series 3 is still there but I would honestly refrain from buy the series 3 at this point. I have one and it does work fine for my use and it is now 4 years old and battery is not that great but upgrading even watchOS versions require you to unpair and pair again the watch due to it only 8GB memory.
Not interested in buying that, just wanted to see if there has been price reduction in the whole line up... looks like it'll stay the same.

How about 4, with the heart monitor and ecg
Hope it has all th decent features
Might wanna buy one, used or new
Any info of its good

The 13 seemed underwhelming after the event presentation but the battery life and camera updates seem huge after going through all the reviews with A15 still miles ahead as the SD888 is yet to touch the A14. Probably one of the few times Apple has undermarketed a new launch though there is no reason for those with 12 to update.

Also for the OP, it seems the next MacBook details have started leaking in new MacOS releases but it is most likely to be released in the March event, along with the next iPhone SE. You never know, Apple may drop one of those year-end releases, though unlikely.

Looks like a good update from the 12 pro max for those who didn't buy the 12pm. ifykwim. Many subtle changes result in significant improvements. Most people just fail to understand that. 12 pro to 13 pro is even better of an upgrade because of the significant camera changes. this is like the x-xs max upgrade but better.
Awesome upgrade from xs max and older devices.
Knew right from the keynote that this is going to be a really good upgrade this year. Surprisingly all the cliche youtubers seems to be of the same opinion as well, opposed to "a small unexciting iPhone" which sells more among the audiences.

That battery life is insane. Again stupid youtubers are still comparing it to a "1080p" s21 ultra and even then with its larger battery it couldn't hold a candle. Android still sucks battery on standby. Check.
Superb camera? Check.
120hz with super smooth animation and zero lag? Check.
Superb display? Check. Apparently much improved brightness in warm conditions over the 12 series.
Best chip on a phone? Check.
Updates and support for a long long time? Check.

That's all I want on a phone. This is perfect. uhm, except for the smaller worse notch maybe. it just looks worse to my eyes.

I'm honestly the most excited about the battery life. These small incremental refinements apple makes every year bringing noticeable QoL enhancements to the table is why i love the iphones. This phone has made me an even more of a fanboy. no shame in saying that :)

S21 Ultra daylight photography compares to the 13 pro max but the latter completely demolishes the Samsung in the video department. Not to forget faster shutter speeds that minimises blur on moving objects.

oh and the sierra blue color? Looks STUNNING in real life. nothing like the pictures. always been a fan of gold phones (fav being the Oneplus 7 Pro Almond) but this might be my new favourite. Gold looks too bland beside it (although pics may say otherwise).

p.s: still not worth the indian price. abroad? absolutely.

tempImage7OrFd7.jpg
tempImageO178Or.jpg
tempImageUgVSmp.jpg

Managed to snag a blue 13 pro 256GB for 93.5k thru a friend in Dubai. Should come to me in a week.

Saved 36.5k on the Indian price. The price difference on the pro models is extremely large this year. Perhaps it’s because only non pro models are assembled here.

Saved 36.5k on the Indian price. The price difference on the pro models is extremely large this year. Perhaps it’s because only non pro models are assembled here.

It was the same for 12 Pro and Pro max last year also. 12 pro was available for ~85k and pro max for ~95k, Non pro models13 and 13mini are not assembled in India they are assembled in China.

p.s: still not worth the indian price. abroad? absolutely.
At 1100 dollars, indeed 13 pro max is a good vfm deal in the US. As far as qol goes, I would rate fast 1hr charging as high as high good battery life so wouldn’t rate iphone equal to android flagships yet. I dont care about video, but certainly want timely security updates, and the phones to not overheat. A14 and 888 both are guilty of overheating.

Since I want to upgrade from my xs, the best flagship deal i can find in India is the 70k for note 20 ultra. Fyiw, i cant differentiate between photos from my xs and from the 12 series in daytime. So any camera that is equal to xs is fine. The xs heats already, so cant imagine buying 888 or a14 phones that have even higher power draw.

That being said, if I had a friend coming from the US anytime soon, would have gone for the 13 pro max for 81k. The long update cycle alone makes it very vfm.

At 1100 dollars, indeed 13 pro max is a good vfm deal in the US. As far as qol goes, I would rate fast 1hr charging as high as high good battery life so wouldn’t rate iphone equal to android flagships yet. I dont care about video, but certainly want timely security updates, and the phones to not overheat. A14 and 888 both are guilty of overheating.

Since I want to upgrade from my xs, the best flagship deal i can find in India is the 70k for note 20 ultra. Fyiw, i cant differentiate between photos from my xs and from the 12 series in daytime. So any camera that is equal to xs is fine. The xs heats already, so cant imagine buying 888 or a14 phones that have even higher power draw.

That being said, if I had a friend coming from the US anytime soon, would have gone for the 13 pro max for 81k. The long update cycle alone makes it very vfm.
nah mate don't do it. 70k for a note 20 ultra? That's super low value tbh. Spend a little more and get the 13 pm, will save a lot of headaches. Might sound very fanboyish sort of comment but it is what it is. Also, exynos. Samsungs depreciate super quick as well.

And just my personal opinion - Better battery life is >>> than quick charging. You need to carry the brick and you need to find a port to plug it in. Also iPhone charges 50% in 30 minutes and it'll give 75-80% battery of most android flagships (maybe not the s21 ultra?).

Have the XS Max myself and I agree, daylight photos are really good on this! Never felt the need to upgrade before my display and face id failed because of water damage. The A12 chip is still blistering fast though. Heating issues are present only when the temperature is high/ during video calls while charging. Please don't compare even the A12 with 888. I don't have ANY sort of throttling issue 99% of the time which is what matters. Apple chips are so so far ahead that it's unbelievable honestly.

nah mate don't do it. 70k for a note 20 ultra? That's super low value tbh. Spend a little more and get the 13 pm, will save a lot of headaches. Might sound very fanboyish sort of comment but it is what it is. Also, exynos. Samsungs depreciate super quick as well.
I think you are exaggerating a lot. Note 20 Ultra pros
-One of the best display tech.
-S pen, which is far better than an Apple pencil in writing experience. It feels like writing on paper without any expensive 'paper like' non sense. S pen has hover mode, battery free and comes bundled with Note.
-Camera is pretty good. Both Samsung and Apple are neck to neck in image quality.
-Multiple log in methods like under display touch, face etc. Feels futuristic unlike Apple.
-Call recordings.
-Dex Mode.
-An ability to install apps from outside.
-About 10-30k less expense on repairs. Has pick up and drop facility too.
-40k less price in comparison to a iPhone 13 pro.

Cons
Exynos ?
S21 Ultra daylight photography compares to the 13 pro max but the latter completely demolishes the Samsung in the video department. Not to forget faster shutter speeds that minimises blur on moving objects.
Completely demolish is an exaggeration. The blur you are talking about is called "motion blur" and it literally gives videos a cinematic look. Also a general rule of videography is, your shutter speed should be twice that of your frame rate. For still photography, fast shutter speed make things less blurrier but dark while slow speed makes things brighter but blurrier so, the shutter speed should depend on the scene. There is no faster is better here.

Again stupid youtubers are still comparing it to a "1080p" s21 ultra
S21 Ultra has a 515 ppi display. It is about 50 ppi higher than that of Apple's 13 pro max. I have no idea why are you calling youtubers stupid? Most youtubers these days compare cameras side by side while mounted on a same tripod. It is the best way to do a fair and unbiased comparison. I agree that most youtubers have no idea about high end dedicated tech like displays, cameras, sound etc but phone is designed to be used by everyone so even a kid knows what he is talking.

Also, don't be a fanboy. Recently Apple has made 'new arrangements' in iphone 13. Now, any 3rd part screen repair would disable the face id even if the replaced screen is taken from an another iphone. It was camera which used to get disabled before and now it is face id.

nah mate don't do it. 70k for a note 20 ultra?
The A12 chip is still blistering fast though. Heating issues are present only when the temperature is high/ during video calls while charging.
Initially the Amazon creative said Snapdragon 865+ Note 20 version. That would have made sense. It may not be very powerful but doesnt heat up much. Now the listing has been changed to exynos 990. Wouldn’t pay 30k for that.

The A12 is generally good but the A14 had a heating issue. 888 is worse. I dont need much performance gains, and performance at the cost of heat doesnt make sense for me. Overall quite happy with the XS apart from the battery and slow charging.

While I was undecided which one to buy, techchap channel posted a video on youtube shot from the iphone 13 pro. Even though i dont shoot many videos, but oh boy is the video quality good.
Most likely will wait for a friend to visit US.
I think you are exaggerating a lot. Note 20 Ultra pros
-One of the best display tech.
-S pen, which is far better than an Apple pencil in writing experience. It feels like writing on paper without any expensive 'paper like' non sense. S pen has hover mode, battery free and comes bundled with Note.
-Camera is pretty good. Both Samsung and Apple are neck to neck in image quality.
-Multiple log in methods like under display touch, face etc. Feels futuristic unlike Apple.
-Call recordings.
-Dex Mode.
-An ability to install apps from outside.
-About 10-30k less expense on repairs. Has pick up and drop facility too.
-40k less price in comparison to a iPhone 13 pro.

Cons
Exynos ?

Completely demolish is an exaggeration. The blur you are talking about is called "motion blur" and it literally gives videos a cinematic look. Also a general rule of videography is, your shutter speed should be twice that of your frame rate. For still photography, fast shutter speed make things less blurrier but dark while slow speed makes things brighter but blurrier so, the shutter speed should depend on the scene. There is no faster is better here.

S21 Ultra has a 515 ppi display. It is about 50 ppi higher than that of Apple's 13 pro max. I have no idea why are you calling youtubers stupid? Most youtubers these days compare cameras side by side while mounted on a same tripod. It is the best way to do a fair and unbiased comparison. I agree that most youtubers have no idea about high end dedicated tech like displays, cameras, sound etc but phone is designed to be used by everyone so even a kid knows what he is talking.

Also, don't be a fanboy. Recently Apple has made 'new arrangements' in iphone 13. Now, any 3rd part screen repair would disable the face id even if the replaced screen is taken from an another iphone. It was camera which used to get disabled before and now it is face id.
Exynos 990 is a massive con tbh. Also, i agree it is sad that apple has these ridiculous policies like the repair discouragement, charger removal, closed ecosystem etc but one cant argue that products are quite good. I dont want to give any money to apple because of the shit treatment by the service centers, poor ux, no customisation etc. However, I am a value seeker and find it hard to justify spending on the current Android flagships. The OP9 pro launched for a laughable 62k with such poor cameras and heating issues. Now it will be available for less than 49k in diwali sale. Feel for those who had got it for around 62k just a few months ago. Android midrangers’ 20-30k range is amazing though.

Anyway, please watch Techchaps video that is shot on the iphone 13 pro. It is something else.

Last edited:
Back